YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews

Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
XTM RAGE... my lil bitty review

for the price you cant beat it.. and all you need is a 3s lipo that will fit,, and you will have a poor mans version of a brushlesss system,, with all stock electronics..

i have to say that i ran this truck with both stock battery and with a 2s lipo.. the only other thing changed was the deans plug for the battery plug... this is what i experienced with the xtm rage..

JUMPING: this thing jumps like a chanp.. i liked it.. maybe others wont but i had a great time with it,, and i was surprised since it was stock,, and i was using the stock motor..

SPEED: i wasnt impressed,, but what would you expect from a stock motor.. i will have to say that the speed is probably matched to a stock 10th scale truck..

LANDING: i was impressed.. idt didnt chassis slap like the vendetta did... i would definately go to a thicker oil if i were to run brushless though

TURNING: well thanks to the tires i was using,, this thing turned on a dime.. not sure what the stock tires would have done on that surface but the homemade crimefighters worked like a freakin charm.. although the d-bars would have been better.

STABILITY: the thing was fairly stable going down the straight,, it wasnt fast so i have no idea what lurks behind those doors.. in air control was a synch even with the stock motor.. the only thing i didnt like was the diff action..

WHAT I WOULD CHANGE: well while running the thing i realized that dirt can get caught either above the spur or below it causing the spur to seize up... at first i thought it was the motor.. bad design.. and then just as i thought,, the knuckles.. the ball end found its way to splitting the plastic... this thing badly needs alloy knuckles.. and i would definately put heavier diff oil in the rear.. having such easy diff action in the rear make it difficult to spin the rear end around.. and could account for its ability to turn on a dime..

i do like it thought... i think i would race it aswell.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2A1BCpMAoc
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Now that was nice man.....enjoyed the vid as well......
Spektrumized
Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
well if they made alloy knuckles and alloy arms and bumpers.. this thing would be bullet proof...

i placed a permax 400/4d inside the thing,, and the diffs held up very well...

also a test report was done in the may issue of rcca magazine
Old 04-11-2008, 06:46 PM

Im in RAGE with a twisted cassis.

hello all, I just bought a XTM Rage and when I was setting the ride height and camber I noticed that the chassis had a wicked twist.
I know when building up a chassis that it needs to be placed and built on a firm solid flat platform to ensure a true exact build. I wonder if the twist was because who ever assembled it or if the twist was from the zip ties holding it in place inside the box.
Anyways I contacted service and requested a replacement chassis.
I was wondering if anyone has noticed this twist in the chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trip 101.jpg (71.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
This is the first that i have heard of this......hope there able to send you a new chassis, could also have been caused by the ziptie being so tight. Welcome to the boards.
Spektrumized
Old 04-11-2008, 07:03 PM

im in RAGE

Thank you for the welcome. I do like the design and layout of the truck and the adjustments are very easy.
I am using craftsman distributor wrenches 4mm and 5mm for the turn buckles.
A bit more precise then needlenose pliers or a adjustable wrench.
I lifted the truck by moving the shocks to the highest setting. the C fasteners are so tiny, I had replaced the lower shock pins with tiny hex head screws.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Cool man, you should post up a pic of what you have under the lid stock or not.....and any mods that you have done to make it easier for yourself......and just to let you know that the boards maybe dead right now but im sure that it will pick up once it gets warmer.
Spektrumized
Old 04-11-2008, 07:25 PM

XTM Rage under the hood

Here is a few images of the XTM Rage. I am a nitro R/C boat racer so this truck is bone stock until I learn what to buy to enhance the performance.
I am showing the hex screw I replaced the lower shock pins with. The C clips where just to small to handle.
Picture 056.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Picture 058.jpg

Picture 061.jpg

Picture 062.jpg
Old 04-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Looking good man, i would have done the same thing-lol- so how do you like being on land now.
Spektrumized
Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM

loving land

I am now, out of touch with the brush less motors of today and stuff.
So...in time I will be asking many questions on how to hop this thing up.
I am sure there will be carbon and alloy hop ups to come.
Would you know of any hop ups for the Rage. Like chassis up grades, carbon fiber/fiberglass and such.
Or is it too new of a product to get Hop ups yet?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

You might want to do a search and see what you come up with.......there should be tons of hopups out by now.
Spektrumized
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 PM

hop ups

cant seem to find anything yet. I am sure the hop ups will be around soon.
I will keep a post when I find/locate them. I would like to get alloy wheels, carbon chassis upper and lower and some alloy hubs. I have been looking into brushless motors tonight.
First thing is to swap out the radio for a more dependable futaba. LOL.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yes i prefer using my own as well......same thing with the electronics, they just dont seem to be dependable.
Spektrumized
Old 04-13-2008, 08:14 AM

Hop ups are comming

I just found out that some hop up parts are being built now and should be available in May or June. Alloy knuckles what I call the hub. i also read that you can boil the suspension arms and knuckles in water for 20 minutes to soften the parts and make them a tiny bit more flexible so they don't break so easy.
This is supposed to be an old trick.
I never did this before but am going to give it a try.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Cool......just dont run your ride hard til your able to stock up on some spare parts first. So how do you like it so far.
Spektrumized