YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 04-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Micro Master

Mondo it gets raced everyday. I don't wreck alot I run it at the park with my boss an so more of my partners. They all have Nitro so the surface we run on is a grass and dirt combo. I just use a paint brush & some wet shop towels after each run an she back to new. This is my only RC so I rebuild it every once in a while to get all the bearing cleaned good. I just take great care of my RC.

We all have to much money in these trucks to just bash them an not keep them up.

The key to a good clean is to not zip tie any thing to the top brace. So when I un screw the shock from the towers and remove the 11 screws it raises rigth off with receiver an all. You can get a good clean like this with a cheap paint brush.

I'll be doing this Saturday when my MIP Super Diffs and Shiny CVD axles all arrive.( the axle will be here today and the diffs Saturday) I'll be taking pictures so you guy who plan on getting them can see what they look like.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by lockmouth
I'll be doing this Saturday when my MIP Super Diffs and Shiny CVD axles all arrive.( the axle will be here today and the diffs Saturday) I'll be taking pictures so you guy who plan on getting them can see what they look like.
Awesome

Thanks Lockmouth
Old 04-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Hitokiri Battousai

Send a message via AIM to rcdriver Send a message via Yahoo to rcdriver
Dang that is alot of orange. Very good job of putting that ride together lockmouth.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Micro Master

My outdrives will be in tomorrow. I received the

MIP 1440 - Shiny Drive Axle Kit

MIP 1441 - Shiny Bones

MIP 1442 - Drive Axles

I'll post pictures tomorrow as soon as the outdrives arrive

These parts are really nice. Looks like if no one gets thems parts I ordered that I didn't need I'm going to keep them for spares

All I needed was MIP 1440 Shiny Drive Axle Kit (2) which is in the first picture.

The second picture shows MIP 1441 Shiny Bones (4) & MIP 1442 Drive Axles (4)

All you will need are the MIP 1443 Rebuild Kit

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showth...d=1#post165886
Old 04-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Micro Master

RC Driver everything is red. I wanted to go with orange , but I keep the whheels in the dye to long an they came out looking red sso I went with the red scheme instead.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
cool cant wait to see the pics.....
Spektrumized
Old 04-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Micro Master

They have arrived. My worry days about outdrives are over!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mip super diffs.jpg (34.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 04-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
So when can we see the install pics.......Cant wait..
Spektrumized
Old 04-23-2005, 02:27 PM

Lockmouth, what are the outdrive's made of, plastic or metal? And is it a complete kit, gears and all?

Good luck and have fun with your new parts
Old 04-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Micro Master

they are made out of steel. you have to use the AE gears and diff rebuild kit. It just comes with a longer diff screw, nut, nut holder, and lube
Old 04-24-2005, 03:02 AM

Thanks Lockmouth. So they are called "Super Diff's" because they're made of steel insted of plastic? Is that going to be enough to keep them from breaking, bending or blowing up?

Did you get them from Stormer? How are they? I might just order some things from them
Old 04-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Micro Master

Let me tell you guys something. I've only been dealing with Tower Hobbies, because I know I can count on them to deliver my items on time. Tower was out of stock so I wnet with Stormer Hobbies just to test the water.

Man there customer service is better than anybodies in the buisness.

(Wednesday) I placed my first order for :

MIP 1440 = Shiny Drives x (2) (I thought it was the OutDrives)

MIP 1441 = Shiny Drive Bone x (4)

MIP 1442 = Drive Axle x (4)

I thought I had orderd the Out Drive (2), Shiny Drive Bones (4), and Drive Axles (4)

it turned out that MIP 1440 was the shiny bone and axle kit so I basically had ordered (8) complete drive axles

I called them the next day to see what should I do because at first MIP 1444 Steel Outdrive wasn't listed (but it was at the end of the day) He told me just to send them back if I wanted to I they would credit my card . But hold up that meant I still wouldn't have the outdrive to go with the rest of my MIP products, so I asked him how could I get it here by Saturday
( they only offer UPS on there website an they dont deliver on Saturday). He asked me for my address and zipcode then told me to order them off the website, select UPS Ground and he would make sure they go out USPS Priority ( this was on Thursday) I got my first order on Friday an got the Steel Outdrives on Saturday

To make a long story short I will be ordering from them from know on, because there prices are cheaper than Tower Hobbies and there customer service is #1

Same day shipment (this is want I really like)
Same day comformation #
Unbeatable customer service

For anyone that wants to ordered all the new MIP items all you will need is :

MIP 1440 x (2) (each kit comes with 2 shiny bones and 2 drive axles with the rebuild kits.

MIP 1444 x (2) (these are the steel outdrives, they come with a longer diff screw, a nut for the diff screw, a nut holder, and lube for the diff balls an thrust balls.

Guys I still have them items that I didn't need if anyone want to buy them. I only want what I paid for them ($36.00). Shipping is free 2-3 day Priority.

MIP 1441 Shiny Bone x (4)
MIP 1442 Drive Axle x (4)

All you will need is the MIP 1443 Drive Axle Rebuild Kit x (4) I think they cost like $3 - $4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mip shiny bones & axles.jpg (47.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by lockmouth; 04-24-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to see you were taken care of man....so were you able to get everything installed and working....would love to see some close up pics especially of the Superdiffs.
Spektrumized
Old 04-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Micro Master

Alfred the super diffs really look the same as the stock outdrives the are just made out of bullet proof steel. I ran them hard yesterday with know problem. The RC18-T seem to free coast longer after i got off the trottle The little nut holder is a big plus, cause you don't have to worry about finding something to hold it in place while you tighten the diff screw. The holder is made just like the little spring retainer that comes with the stock outdrives just shorter and has a indention for the nut to sit in snug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (41.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

So the SuperDiffs are easy to adjust...And now you dont have to worry about the diff ring eating up the plastic on the gear side. And did you have to shim the front and rear gear diff like many of us owners that still run the stock balldiffs. Shimming the front and rear keeps the balldiff gear meshed well with the input gear...no more clicking noise...
Spektrumized