YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > HPI Micro RS4 > Micro RS4 Motors

Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 AM

Can Someone help me out? I need some Motor help..

Hello everyone.

So, I signed up to these forums to get some of Your oppions on some things.. I am a complete "Noob" when it comes to RC in general, But I do know Airsoft.. I am doing a project and I need to get the best possible motor that will fit.

Long, long story short, I need to find the faster motor that will fit into my AEP gearbox that also has Torque.

I was told that the "Big block micro rs4 motor" will work fine and will fit properly.. I have searched very quickly and found that there a bit Pricey, But I have heard they are woth it.

Can someone tell me what Size that motor is? Are there any other motors that will be fine with a High amp 8.4V battery? I dont want anything catching on fire, But I need speed with torque.. Sence its pulling a spring, It needs to be able to support itself with speed.. Sence these dont have Brushes, I am guessing they get hot quickly?

Any Ideas? I dont want to go to like Radio Shack and end up getting something that will be real slow, or burn out quickly..

Thanks a lot guys! Please post as soon as you can!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Is this for a mrs4 or your airsoft gun..........if its for your ride then i recommend getting the Graupner Speed 300 since they are the same motor.....just make sure that your handy with a dremel or get the bigblock motor plate as well. Its going to be fast with that voltage and get hot, so you might want to look at the 7.2volt version as well.
Spektrumized
Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 AM

Check this out:
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=ORN20903

You can't beat the price, and they're good with shipping.

-Russ
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
Is this for a mrs4 or your airsoft gun..........if its for your ride then i recommend getting the Graupner Speed 300 since they are the same motor.....just make sure that your handy with a dremel or get the bigblock motor plate as well. Its going to be fast with that voltage and get hot, so you might want to look at the 7.2volt version as well.
Well, Its for my Airsoft pistol, So I dont need the Motor plate or much of the mounting hardwear. I just need a good motor of that size that can handel a 7.2/ 8.4 Elite 1500mah battery without explodeing in my hand..

I basicly need a good motor thats the same size as the Big Block Rs4 motor. Are there other options?

Thanks a lot for that link! Has anyone ordered from that site before w/ good results?

Last edited by AirsoftHawaii; 05-06-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Sorry man, dont know anything about airsoft pistols.......so i cant help you there.....
Spektrumized
Old 05-06-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Sorry man, dont know anything about airsoft pistols.......so i cant help you there.....
No, No its not about the guns themselves, Its about the Electronics...

I just need help trying to find a motor thats As big as the one I listed above and some Feedback fro anyone who has had that motor before?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

One thing you have to understand that most of the motors that we list are all going to be manufactured by the same company......since your running 8something volts then i suggest going with a 7.2volt motor.......it will last longer. Are you looking for a closed endbell or an open one.....with the open one you can change the brushes when they wear out, with the closed you cant, but the closed ones are usually cheaper anyway.
Spektrumized
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
One thing you have to understand that most of the motors that we list are all going to be manufactured by the same company......since your running 8something volts then i suggest going with a 7.2volt motor.......it will last longer. Are you looking for a closed endbell or an open one.....with the open one you can change the brushes when they wear out, with the closed you cant, but the closed ones are usually cheaper anyway.
I am sorry if I am not being Clear, But I need a Closed end motor. Sadly, Thats all I can use because space is limited, Acctually its set so I cant get anything longer.

I know what you mean by chageing out the Brushes, I would acctually go with a Brush motor over a clossed Endbell, But in this case I cant.

I will get a picture tonight to better help everyone out.

Edit, Here are some pic, Sorry about the Quality, It was taken from my phone..

Dont worry about the Pinon gear, I can modify the Motor shaft. I just need it to be that Size and the Motor shaft to be that length..

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by AirsoftHawaii; 05-06-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jmend...otorsmain1.htm
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUM8&P=7

Just want you to know that if you use the motor above it will be faster.....You can even get the same speed out of a mod 280 motor which will allow you to change the brushes when it wears out. The Epic motors are a shorter can but also have the hrpm as a 300 motor. Since your running 8volts then i would check for a 7.2 volt version......the motor should last you a long time and it shouldnt heat up as quick. Im still trying to locate a 7.2volt version for you......but you mgiht also want to check your lhs to see what motors they have.
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 05-07-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jmend...otorsmain1.htm
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUM8&P=7

Since your running 8volts then i would check for a 7.2 volt version......the motor should last you a long time and it shouldnt heat up as quick. Im still trying to locate a 7.2volt version for you......but you mgiht also want to check your lhs to see what motors they have.

Wow, Thanks a lot for the help! I will try to get a size for my pistols motor shaft just to make sure..

Do you think a RAD 400 torque motor could fit or would be better than say a Graupner 300?

I didnt realise these motors didnt cost much if you searched.. Thanks a bunch for the links guys! If it doesnt work out, I will get a couple of those motors..
Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Dont know if it will, but to be on the safe side you should get the same motor that you had in there.......so there will be nothing to mod later.
Spektrumized
Old 05-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Dont know if it will, but to be on the safe side you should get the same motor that you had in there.......so there will be nothing to mod later.
Oh, Belive me when I say this.. I dont Mind modding anything.. Thats why I need this motor, I am completely modding the entier pistol..

But yes, All I need is the motor to be the same Length and thickness just to be sure that it fits without too many problems..

But I guess I will try the Graupner 300 and the RAd speed 400, Maybe the 280 motor if I have extra money. Witch one of those can you say are better than the Big Block Rs4 motor?

Thanks again for the help.. I just want the best I can find thats under $30..
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

For now i would go with the 280 and the 300 motor, and later on down the road then go with the 400...........the 280 and 300 are about the same diameter and depending on the motor the 280 can be in a short can like the trinity motor that was linked too.
Spektrumized
Old 05-11-2008, 02:17 AM

Ok guys, So I have confirmed what kind of motor is in the pics I posted above, its a RK-310SD motor...

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/grzflyer...s/rk_370sd.pdf

Do you guys know if the Graupner 300 Will be better? Will it fit without problems?

Thanks! All reply are welcomed...

Edit!

Wow, According to this-

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/bhabbott/speed300.html

The RK-310 motor and the Graupner 300 are the same? Is that True?

I am confused more than ever.. Can someone direct me to a motor of the same size as those 2, but more effcient? I want something faster that can handle 7.2v well, but be very fast?

Last edited by AirsoftHawaii; 05-11-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

It looks to be the same...i would def go with the Speed 300........and just to let you know that the motor is probably made by Mabuchi....so i would do a search if you really want to compare the motors.......
Spektrumized