YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 12-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
So did you and Xtant do any drag runs with the trucks.....and how is his setup did he stick with the brushed motors or did he go BL as well.......Nice to see you have some fun man.....keep us posted as always.
Spektrumized
Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Crash King

Send a message via ICQ to jw_j Send a message via AIM to jw_j
losi has great customer service, when my motor in my mini t burned out after a week of having it(I only got to run it twice before the motor came unwound) they were all too happy to replace it and the pinions free of charge
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 AM

That sounds like a promising situation

These pinion gears in the diff that are not holding up are mostly with BL use, so that may not be covered . But there maybe hope. We haven't seemed to have gotten any parts in out area yet, just trucks.

Rich did have an opptimistic tone about the warped hex hubs though
Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 AM

And a BIG MAHALO to Alfred, Mondo and all of the other mod's that made this MLST section possible

Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Hey BK...so you mean to say that the only people that are having these sort of problems are those that run bl's.....Well i guess i wont be having that problem....since im in the dino age with Brushed motors.
Spektrumized
Old 12-07-2005, 05:30 AM

Alot of guys that run BL are finding that the diff gears (mostly that pinion one that attaches to the driveshaft) are not strong enough for that much power. Maybe the answer lie's in some testing to find a way to distribute the power better, but don't know for sure at this point. Too early to tell. One guy even smoked a Mini-T ball diff from Losi. This was thought to be the next, best solution. Next on the very short list of possibilities is the MIP ball diff for the Mini-T.

I just saw Grafix's new motor offerings. They sound really promising. Plus he sells the necassary brushes for rebuilding or will do that for you. 2 Raptors or Krstals are sounding good right about now .

I think with all of the torque available with the BL motors, that does not help the diff situation. but then droping in 2 mod motors are not going to make things any better either. I would just check your slipper settings and mkae sure everythings running smoothly when you do drop in 2 of those motors. I'm thinking they offer a better top end increase than at the bottom. But then, I do believe that 2 of either of the 2 motors powered by a 2 or 3 cell pack will really push the boundries like a BL will do. This will be maybe THE hot set-up. I think it's plausible to think they should ( or might) be keeping up with the smaller BL motors
Old 12-09-2005, 10:56 PM

Ok guys, I just picked up some parts from my LHS hunting today . These are HPI Black Chrome rims and Panther Komodo tires. I'm thinking of glueing these tires to this set of rims. I wanted to do some street treads first though? I liked how those Street Hawgs looked that JOn has on his truck. Would these rims be better with this Komodo off-road tread, or save them for the Street Hawgs?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black chrome 1.jpg (91.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-10-2005, 02:23 AM
96744 Micro's

I think the wheels and tires look good together! But off road running will eat up that nice finish!

Maybe save them for the street treads and get some regular wheels for the off road bashing!

I think one thing almost everyone is not doing is checking the slipper. And I think that is part of the problem with all these people stripping the diff pinion gear.

Brushless power is another reason, as is locking the center diff!

I checked my slipper just to see if it actually works, and it was pretty much locked right out of the box! I guess that explains the front wheels lifting off the ground on carpet!!!

So I loosened mine so that it actually slips now. Have not run it yet, but I'm still running stock so not sure if I will notice the difference? But I'm sure this will help take the stress off the rest of the drivetrain.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Crash King

Send a message via ICQ to jw_j Send a message via AIM to jw_j
well I just basicly rebuilt the rear tranny in my mini t, I haven't run it to see if I got the slipper right but I think I got close, it slips but its tight free hand
Old 01-01-2006, 06:11 AM

For those of you haven't already heard the news, Losi is sending out "updated" front, rear and center diff gears as an upgrade package for those of us who already have MLST's. Just call their CS line at 1-888-899-5674 (LOSI). It was quick and easy. Pretty much all they ask for is your name and where to send it to. They also send out some new hex hubs to replace the origanals that are known to be or get warped quite easily.

The diff gears are supposed to be of a new design and do not require the use of a shim that some are installing behind the pinion. They are also supposed to be tougher. How much better and tougher will remain to be seen as some of us are known to throw some outrages power to our trucks. I'm not mentioning any names but TWO BL motors and lithium batts will shove you into that catagory. I better not talk too much as I had thoughts about that combo too

I mentioned that I had some wheels cracked and 2 of the wheels have the treads kinda wearing out funny/premature. The CS rep said he will also send me a pair of new wheels. Thanks Losi .

If some of you (Alfred included) are considering buying a truck some time soon, I would call them up now and ask for a set. This way you'll have it ready for you, and in case the "upgrade package" runs out . I wonder if they will be included this new gear design into the new trucks still being built?

Well, haven't run my truck much lately. I moved around my batt compartment a bit and added an antenna mount. The stocker didn't work well for me. I did raise the batt posts with some nuts to make a little more room for my TP 3 cell coming in. I greased all 3 diffs and shimmed the pinion in the front and rears ones.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:13 AM

...and Happy New Year to everyone
Old 01-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info man.........
Spektrumized
Old 01-06-2006, 03:45 AM

Just got my special delivery "care package" from Losi. It contained 2 mounted wheels, 4 plastic hex hubs, 2 sets of fr/rr diff gears and 1 center diff gear set. It got here pretty quickly or in at least the regular amount of time.

It was kinda amazing it got here at all. Losi had my name mispelled, and the state listed as Illinois, not Hawaii . I think it got here because the zip was correct. I'm glad it just made it.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Please keep us informed on how the new better set works out man......I really dont want to fall into problems when i get mine, lol.
Spektrumized
Old 01-08-2006, 08:02 AM

Yup, deffinately will. I'm going to "cook" them first with the hot water trick.

On that note, Losi's got me a little worried, a little happy and a little confused . Confused because these diff pinions (stock) are not up to snuff and what will they be doing for a long term fix ? Worried because they couldn't get my addy correct (it wasn't that close ) and they sent me a another "care package" Yup, thats the happy part. I came home from work and it was sitting on my mail shelf . At least this second set has my name and addy spot on . The parts content is exactly the same as the first.

I guess i'll be busy cooking plastic soup tomorrow .

For the sad note, it seems like I stripped my rear diff pinion . If thats not the problem, it might be something worse. But, that should be it.

Got to see Xtants duel Hyperion run and it was awsome. The torque it exhibeted was crazy and that was on mainly low settings.

If anyone is on the fence about buying the ESC link, don't be. It's well worth the $. We were able to change his settings on the fly with my laptop and this was in the middle of the night on a parking lot. Having the ability to switch all of those parameters is top notch. I'm sure something better will come along in the future, but for us now, the standered is set with the CC USB Link