YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > HPI Micro RS4 > Micro RS4 Electronics

Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to guneialtuner
Question Micro modified motor spec. and which esc model

Hi everybody,

I have Micro RS4 with micro modified drift motor (45T).
What is the amper and voltage values of this motor?
now,ı have no battery and ESC and ı want to buy them but I want to use Lipo battery.
1-) if ı use lipo battery ı should prefer brushless esc, am I right?
2-) which esc ı have to choose i mean minimum amper level?
3-) which lipo battery is suitable for my motor?

I hope I opened this topic at correct place
Thanks for answers
hi from Bulgaria!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

First, let me welcome you to the Your Micro forums.

Second, in response to your questions, I recommend you try contacting HPI Racing to inquire about the 45T motor specifications. The information mentioned on the web pages indicate that best results are obtained with 6V 600mAh battery pack. I am sure that you could easily use a 2S Lipo pack of almost any mAh rating. I have used this motor on a 5-cell 1400mAh NiMH battery pack as well as with a 2S 900mAh Lipo battery with excellent results.

You may use a Lipo battery with brushed or brushless motors. The thing to watch for with a brushed motor system is not to let the battery discharge too much. A Lipo battery does not tolerate being discharged too much. Most brushless ESC's include a low battery cutoff but most micro brushed system do not.

I'm not sure which ESC has the lowest amperage or why this might be useful to you.

A very economical 2S Lipo battery that I can recommend is from Deal Extreme. Check for the Mystery 7.4v 900mAh Lipo with a price of $8.20 and FREE shipping.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
And if you have just a regular esc with no voltage cutoff then you can get a seperate one to connect to the esc and the battery.......sure dont want your cells to expand and your micro up in flames. And please read up on it, volatile is the word, i use rechargeable lithiums in my flashlights and i dont let the kids use my lights at all. Two 18650 unprotected is awesome with a stock motor and it seems to run forever, great for those rainy days in the garage.
Spektrumized
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 AM

toss that drift motor and simply buy a micro mamba or similar.
the lowest KV mamba produces more power than the MRS4 can handle anyways so it doesnt matter which one. then use your 2s Lipos and all is good in the micro world.
PS if you know what you're looking for theres probably a chinese equivalent motor and esc for 1/4 the $$$.
or get a brushed ESC and use NIMH cells its better than blowing up the lipos if you're not sure what you're doing.