YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM

Question won't run when motors are under load

help, i just gave my son a mini-lst2 for his b-day and it won't run a minute solid. As soon as you give it throttle it stops, the steering will still work but not the motors, i can turn the switch off then back on and it works long enough for it to travel about 5 feet then stops. I can hold it in the air and it never messes up. I've had a nitro for years but i'm new to the electrics. I also really expected more power, what should i do/buy? I want to keep it low maintenance as much as possible.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You might want to make sure that the battery is fully charged, and make sure that the esc is programmed accordingly to the radio or just reset it.......you might also want to check the settings on the radio as well.

And another thing that you might want to check is binding, make sure that the pinion and gear mesh is not tight, that can cause a strain on the motor, and have you tried another battery pack.
Spektrumized
Old 08-23-2008, 12:14 AM

I charged the batteries over night, I re-programmed the esc according to the instructions. I'm going to purchase another battery pack even though it doesn't seem to be low of battery when this happens because the wheels turn very easily. Any suggestions as to which one?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Get a pack that you can afford, and you know that the cells are of high quality.
Spektrumized
Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 PM

the esc is done. if it cut's out as soon as you try to go full throttle it's going into thermal shutdown. if it's brand new call losi directly and they will most likely send you a new unit. if they don't you can use a dynamite tazer 12t or novak makes a nice one as well.

i use a tazer 12t personally and it works very well.

Insane 370's
Losi Heatsinks
Losi Swaybars
Losi CVD's
Losi MLST 2 Wheels
Losi MMB Body
Integy Turnbuckles
Hitec HS81MG Servos
3Racing Servo Savers
Futaba Magnum Radio
Dynamite Tazer 12T ESC

Proboat Mini V:
Stock, it's fast enough.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 PM
ccubed82

It won't go....... argh

Like SLEA, i cannot get my LST2 to run while under load. My roomate and i both have MLST2's, we are both having the same difficulties but to different degree's. Mine will not go 5 feet if i gun the throttle, if i roll it on painfully slow it will get up and go. The problem with that is i lose sight of it before I get to half throttle. My roomates is not as bad but still has the same issue. He can grab half throttle and then it cuts out. If he gets to half throttle and then rolls on to full throttle it doesn't cut out. I have done the other steps that have been recomended, and the problem still persists. New ESC time??

thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thats what it sounds like to me as well.......did you check the motor and rx connections as well......
Spektrumized