YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBastard View Post
Absolutely diabolical, you are indeed a Madman.. (as the old saying goes, takes one to know one ).
It sure does take one to know one! LOL

Quote:
Even with only 7.4V I bet that 'X' motor still eggs the tires at full throttle. You may notice a little center tread wear start happening before too long .
Yeah, but I still would like to get an 11.1V Li-Po! (as Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor would say, "argh, argh, argh... more power!" )

Quote:
It may be a bit expensive but are you considering the blue alloy package to complete the 'code blue' for added strength and weight to keep that machine on the ground? You are using RC18T running gear correct? You might want to source a metal spur gear otherwise you will be chewing up plastic ones like water.
It is kinda out of my budget right now after all that I've already spent, but I am highly considering it! I'd really like to get it for the "Code Blue" motif, the added strength and weight. I am indeed using the RC18T running gear, but I don't really like the sound of metal on metal. I'm looking into getting some delrin spur gears. Luckily, I haven't had a problem with chewing up gears in my Mamba equipted RC18MT just using stock gears.

Quote:
Since it is a 'road rage' machine will you be drop/chopping the body to lower it more? That should help prevent some of the flipping and rolling which as you well know tends to become more violent with a mamba set up.
I'm considering it. I want to do a "chop, drop, snip snip" body like yours, but I'm afraid of f**kin' it up! LOL!

Quote:
I really like my modified stock setups, but you blasted madman! You've got me thinking about that third chassis I have..

cheers mate
I'm almost afraid to see what you'd do to that third chassis!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
And its nice to see that you included a nice radio with your hopup package...just one of the best upgrades to get i think......so far its looking good.
Mahalo Alfred! I really love it! This is a really good upgrade. No more glitching, and no more having to worry about frequencies. Hopefully I can get another Futaba receiver for my "Monster T100" then I can run all my cars with just one radio. (No more lugging around three different radios to run my three different cars!)
Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Yup thats the best part i think....one radio to use on all your rides....so how do you like it so far.
Spektrumized
Old 09-26-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Yup thats the best part i think....one radio to use on all your rides....so how do you like it so far.
I love it, Alfred! I think that this is one of the best improvements in modern technology for R/C cars. I'd recomend everybody to do this upgrade. It is rather pricey, but talk about convenience and peace of mind!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You should see if RC-ID makes vinyl stickers for yours. That would really dress up the radio.

Opppsss forgot the link....i dont see your radio there but if i were you i would just give them a call to see if they have one made but not listed or pictured.... http://www.rcidcustom.com/mm5/mercha...=catRadioSkins
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 09-26-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
You should see if RC-ID makes vinyl stickers for yours. That would really dress up the radio.

Opppsss forgot the link....i dont see your radio there but if i were you i would just give them a call to see if they have one made but not listed or pictured.... http://www.rcidcustom.com/mm5/mercha...=catRadioSkins
Wow, thanks Alfred! That's a cool site, even though they don't have skins for my radio. I'll check back with them every now and then.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Because here's one of my M8.....i got tired of looking how plaine it was, especially at the track.......wanted it too look different.

Spektrumized
Old 09-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Oh man, your radio looks si-i-i-i-i-i-i-ck!!!