YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-28-2007, 09:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRacerX View Post
Not sure mate, but my friend who owned a hobby town usa did this body for me.Since I started painting plastic model cars with the air brush and done some research I've noticed that they mask everything. First do the cow "black parts" then finish with the wite.

When you do the cow black parts keep the templates so you can retape the templates back on to the orginalcow parts, This way it will be much easer to finish with the white...
ahhh yah ... start with the dark colours first kinda thing.

So what "templates" are you referring to that im supposed to reuse? I figured i would just be taping up the whole body except for the black parts and then paint and remove the tape and then white the whole thing.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to RiceRacerX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
ahhh yah ... start with the dark colours first kinda thing.

So what "templates" are you referring to that im supposed to reuse? I figured i would just be taping up the whole body except for the black parts and then paint and remove the tape and then white the whole thing.
Cut out the cow templates that you will be using and no don't start with theblack this is how you do it.

1. Get body ready wash the body in soap and water.

2.Cut out the cow pattern your gf likes I would go and buy vinyle for the patterns ( easy to work with and will not bleed through the body.

3.Set up the cow patterns on the car where you like them and tape them in place with good strong tape ( make sure it's not going to leave marks or stickeyness ).

4.Spray the car with white paint ( what ever bran of paint you want )

5.Let the car body dry and take of the cow patterns and then spray with black paint and let dry.

End.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 PM

Backing with a dark color is a no-no. Hate to give so muck conflicting advise but black or dark colors always dull the light colors. mask where the white should go, spray the black everywhere else. leave the window masks on, but peel the rest of the masking off. back it with the white. then peel off the window masks and add the tint (in light coats!!!!!) until you like the color. everything else Ricer said goes. good luck!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 PM

Creative design and very strong motors organized action and the selection of a conciliator