YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 AM

Big Block

Can someone tell me whether once you install the big block with the proper motorplate, does anything have to be modified or removed? such as the rear suspension?

Also, whats the smallest pinion you can use without appearantly shaving the upper deck? and I am using a LRP quantum micro reverse, can it handle the big block?

Lastly, is this motor known for torque or high speed? is there any other motor that I should use instead thats the same size as a Team Orion elite micro modified? I'm kinda new again to the whole RC scene and don't know the motor size numbers lol.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon
Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Depends on what chassis you are running. The plastic rear diff carrier piece has to be sanded down a bit to get the BB to fit. The upper deck on the stock chassis has to be modified to allow room for the stock rear shock to sit there. Which it might also have to be mounted on the underside of that rear upper deck piece to fit perfectly.

I'm running a prototype Penguin LM chassis on my gf's car and a production Penguin LM chassis for my chassis. I have her car setup with the Penguin " V " shaped rear shock attachment and my car is running the Team Associated VSC shock. Which fits and looks peeeeeeerfect!

I run a 10T pinion on my car now and it doesnt even come close to the upper deck on the Penguin. I dont think there were any fit issues either w/ the stock chassis.

The LRP should be able to handle it, I have never used it but im sure Alfred will chime into this post in a bit and confirm or deny it that it works.

If you look at the top of this forum, there is a sticky note for different motor sizes.

Personally I think its more for high speed, but I have it geared more towards torque.

Hope I helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL View Post
Can someone tell me whether once you install the big block with the proper motorplate, does anything have to be modified or removed? such as the rear suspension?

Also, whats the smallest pinion you can use without appearantly shaving the upper deck? and I am using a LRP quantum micro reverse, can it handle the big block?

Lastly, is this motor known for torque or high speed? is there any other motor that I should use instead thats the same size as a Team Orion elite micro modified? I'm kinda new again to the whole RC scene and don't know the motor size numbers lol.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Last edited by Nerve; 01-29-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Yes i have used that esc to run the BB motor with no problems at all.........but dont get any motors that have a higher rpm then that......is this the older version of the esc.
Spektrumized