YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Cow Performance Co.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of or tried Cow Performance Companys' new line of RC maintenance aerosols, but if you haven't you should give some a try. The Moo-Slick is some absolutely amazing stuff. Check them out at this llink. http://www.cowrc.com/

I recently treated my RC18B with the full line of aerosols, and topped it all off with Moo-Slick, and I am very impressed with its performance. It made an incredible difference in how freely the entire drivetrain spins, and makes even old, somewhat faded plastics look new. The rig in these pics is almost a year old, and gets run on a variety of track surfaces, and after some Moo-Slick the car looks good as new.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Nice review.....and yes your right it does make the plastic look new.
Spektrumized
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 AM

Thanks man. I am actually working on a full review of the entire aerosol line, and will post it here for anyone that's interested as soon as it's complete. I was just so impressed with the Moo-Slicks performance that I couldn't wait to share my initial thoughts on it.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Cool let us know.......by the way did you have to take off all the elec's before you sprayed the ride down.
Spektrumized
Old 01-07-2009, 09:24 AM

I broke the car completely down when I did it, but just because I also treated my bearings, diffs, and ring and pinion gears. I did spray the entire car though after it was re-assembled, including a thin coat on my wires and electrics.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Hmmm interesting.

How about a before / after chassis shot? or a side by side (half treated and other half not treated)..?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM

I have some before and after shots of my Pede basher that I will post once I finish the complete review. Unfortunately I did not get any half and half shots. Now that you say that I wish I would have.

I just finished taking the Pede out for it's first slushy, snowy run since being treated, and am testing the release agent efectiveness right now. I can say from looking at it that it must work quite well, because all of the melted snow and water drops are beading up on it like a freshly waxed car. We'll see if a little blast of air quickly and easily blows the grime and grit off once everything dries up.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax View Post
I have some before and after shots of my Pede basher that I will post once I finish the complete review. Unfortunately I did not get any half and half shots. Now that you say that I wish I would have.

I just finished taking the Pede out for it's first slushy, snowy run since being treated, and am testing the release agent efectiveness right now. I can say from looking at it that it must work quite well, because all of the melted snow and water drops are beading up on it like a freshly waxed car. We'll see if a little blast of air quickly and easily blows the grime and grit off once everything dries up.
Actually that is exactly how I expected that product to do based off the look of your plastic and comments thus far.

I used to be into nitro (savage) a few years back and so far I have let it sit on the shelf. But honestly, the stuff looks like it would be a good investment for the nitro crowd out there.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 PM

I expected that it would help, but my expectations were far exceeded. Even though I knew it was supposed to work this way, I never imagined that it would work this well.

I haven't tried it on a nitro burner yet. I will this spring though. I am certain that on a nitro car it would make clean ups a whole lot easier though, just from what I have seen of it so far.