YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 10-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Battery - how many MAH is normal?

So, under the advice of some guys on this forum, I got the Hobbico Elite battery charger. That thing rocks.

Anyway, how much power should I expect to get out of a battery? When it starts to stutter, I can only get about 725MAH into it (as reported by the charger). Even using the car go until it won't move, I only get about 825.

Is that normal? I've only used the battery 15-20 times. I've been charging it at 1 amp, but even at half an amp, the MAH is about the same.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 10-07-2007, 06:23 PM

I have been a little less than impressed with the cells of the batt packs for the propulse. Even the red wrapped 1400mAh packs are only marginally better. I was getting the same results as you till I began cycling the packs once every week. Especially before the weekend when I get to do multiple pack sessions. Even still the increase in runtimes are still only marginal.
Since my RC18T is disassembled and most likely will remain that way, I plan on converting the Intellect packs I used on it to run on the Propulses.

..just an aside.. there is a seperate board section now just for propulse battery issues. It helps to keep things catagorized when others look for info..

cheers

Last edited by BloodyBastard; 10-07-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
The cells that are in those packs are of the cheap variety........if you want some good cells go with IB, GP's, Kan's, and Elite..........
Spektrumized