YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to silentsnow31802
Hello!!!

Hey all! First of all my name is Shaun and I just got my first Mini! Its a Mini-T. Bought it off ebay as a roller. I plan on putting the electronics from my old Tamiya in it for now. I've always wanted a mini of some sort and this one came up at the right time for the right price! Check it out and let me know what you think!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280293403055

Old 12-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Cant view the link anymore.....welcome to ym and please post some pics when you get it.
Spektrumized
Old 12-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to YourMicro and I hope you enjoy your time here and contrbute to the discussions. The yellow bug on a mini-t chassis looks fine and should be a fun basher.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Now i see it duh......didnt scroll down at all.....nice.
Spektrumized
Old 12-22-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the kind welcomes! I was hoping I got a good deal, I thought I did but I dont know much about the mini cars. Im hoping it will be here soon!! Ill post pics as soon as I get it.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum and others that I can find and will gladly contribute when I can.

I was showing a friend the mini t I just got and convinced him to sell his nitro buggy to get a mini t also! Now im gonna have someone to bash around with! Hes not much of a forum browser but ill see if I can at least get some pics of our cars together once his arrives.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to GrassNinja
that is a pretty nice set up. I almost grabbed one the other day. Full roller with 2 brand new servos, just couldnt caugh up the cash. lol Too manny "not quite runner" around the house.

Check out my recent post in teh off topic forum and you'll see some of what i mean. And that mess is just the RC stuff. lol

welcome!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 AM

Well it was shipped out the 18th of December and its still not here, its coming from Hawaii to California. Im starting to think it was lost at sea or something, still patiently waiting for it. Will keep you all posted.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:02 AM

i didnt even notice you were in Napa till I read where your car is shipping to.

I live in Fairfield. I ride up through Napa on my motorcycle all the time. Beautiful up there.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassNinja View Post
i didnt even notice you were in Napa till I read where your car is shipping to.

I live in Fairfield. I ride up through Napa on my motorcycle all the time. Beautiful up there.
Haha yea. Your pretty close to me. Im always in Fairfield too, you guys have all the good restaurants not to mention the mall lol. Yea I guess people like to take motorcycle rides up Monticello to the lake, through the twisty roads. Im more of a car person myself but enjoy the same drive.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 AM

LOL Dont get me wrong, i am a car person, but I paid $1500 for my 2006 Honda Shadow 750. My wife and I can do over 110MPH (2 riders) and I can carve corners until the floorboards rub grooves in the blacktop (sorry about that, my bad).

I just cant seem to find a car that is that much fun or more to drive for the money. lol I am drooling over a Carrera 4. Just cant drop that kind of cash. Actually i cant even pick up that kind of cash, let alone figure out how to drop it. Military salary, just dont cut the Porsche lifestyle. lol

I do tend to see a lot of very nice, top end autos running around up there. Very nice place. Most of my cycle trips in that direction find me at Taylor's Refresher in St Helena. Those have to be the best burgers I have ever had! Awesome! I was actually supposed to go today, but my son has nemonia and my friend (who was going with me) had his little girl in the E-room last night. So no riding for me today.

Are there any Hobby shops, tracks, or just cool hobby type places I need to look into up there? I have never thought of it in the past. But I just recnetly got my buddy into 1/10 scales and now he's addicted. 3 Traxxas trucks. We would love to find a new place to wonder around at. Let me know.

GrassNinja
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM

Thats a damn good price for an 06! Im gonna have to say you got a steal. Going 110 with the wife on the back dont sound too safe but hey im not here to lecture you and dont worry about the grooves, cant even feel em in a car lol.

A buddy of mine actually got out of the army a few years ago and bought himself a mildly modded Porsche 944 Turbo. Its pretty quick, comfortable too. It handles pretty well but the springs seem kinda soft but that might be due to being a late 80's car. I think he got it for 9000 something.

Yea I have seen some nice cars running though here. Seen a couple Carrera GT's and I havent but friends of mine have seen the new GTR floatin around. I myself have a POS 88 Celica GTS. Its no Porsche but it does the job.

Ive only been to Taylors once and it was damn good! I can see why rides always end up there, some good eats.

Sorry to hear about your son and your friends little girl. Hope they get well soon!! I dont have any kids but I could only imagine how it must be to sit by while your little one is sick like that.

There is one hobby shop in town thats all right but the guy behind the counter deals mostly with helis and such. If you need a car or truck part you should know what you need before you go in. I dont know of anywhere to run them becides out at the College, they have a BMX track out there that I have never been on but I hear it would be a good place to take some RC's. I actually got the little Mini-t because its small and quiet so I can run it just about anywhere.

What traxxas vehicles did you guys get? Ive had quite a few of their models, theyre not too bad.

Oh yea! According to the tracking number my Mini-t left Richmond today!
Im hoping to have it tomorrow!! I cant wait!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 PM

LOL 110? we were on the very open highway between Fernly and Fallon Nevada. Sorry if i made made it sound like I was doing that around here. lol Ouch! Oh and the price? well, i got it from an insurance company. It had been totaled, they said the frame was twisted, it was a friend that wrecked it so i had seen it. There was no frame damage. I bought it, $1500, threw on a new headlight, painted teh front fender, threw the windshield in the trash, bent some steel, and walla. 2006 Shadow Aero with 3600 miles, for 1500 plus my 250-300 in parts. Fantastic ride.

There is a nice new GTR here on base. I drool everytime i pass it. I live in Okinawa Japan a few years ago, so I got to see the old ones all the time. I myself used to have a Mitsubishi GTO TT. That thing was a beast. Left it in Japan, i didnt know any better, way too expensive to ship. I could have done it, if I knew then what I know now, lol ya know.

The only place around here i can find to run is a couple open fields. Have to build your own jumps. There is a large open parking lot near a church, with a skate park across the street. If your just looking for some air, the skate park rules. I love the 4 sided ramp thing they have. Kinda like a pyramid with the top cut off.

He bought 2 Traxas electric Rustlers and 1 elec. Stampede. I have 4 electric RC10T3's, 1 RC10GT, and 2.5 HPI MRS4's. 1 of my T3's is down, 1 is in a state of rebuild with all upgrade parts (long term process here), the GT is new to me. I got it on E-bay for $37. Missing XXX, XXX, XXX, etc. you get it. But I just won the exhaust i need tonight, im down to a reciever box and i think im runnin. Oh, and a pull start. But i dont need it as of yet.

Thanks for the well wishes for the kids. Yes, it is horrible. But, you make due. Today my son and I watched movies, he drove his power wheels a bit while I mowed the lawn (nice day today) and tonight we have been hittin the PS2 off and on.

I may be trying to sell off some MRS4 parts, and a T3 or 2. I like the Xray M18, and I really like the RC10T. Not sure if I'll try and get one or not. But i like em. lol
Old 01-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Damn thats perty good. Sounds like you lucked out on that deal.

Oh yea the GTO, we have em here but they dont have GTO badges and of course arent right side drive. Really it wouldnt have been worth it to ship it. Can just get a 3000GT TT here and save you the hassle.

Thats how it is here with RC's. We cant make jumps though, would get yelled at. Everyone complains about the noise of nitro cars here. I even got complaints about my old electric rustler. They said it was annoying... We have a skate park here but its all cement and not a place you would want to take a RC. Someone would probably grab it and run. Bad people hang out at the skate park.

Thats a lot of cars and one big money pit lol. I cant do all that. Ive had a few but seem to be going smaller and cheaper as time goes on. I cant justify always replacing expensive parts on something like that. Thats why I got the mini-t cause aluminum and all that is cheap because of the size.

Good to hear that hes well enough to still go outside for a while and power wheels it up. I always wanted one of those when I was a kid.

If your looking to sell some I know someone thats always buying and selling them. I just gotta go by his house cause I lost his number.

Oh and I got the mini-t yesterday!!!
Got it put together and driving today. Took a bit of work. Had to custom up part of the steering linkage and get the stock servo saver on the aftermarket servo I got. I guess the stock servo had a hex looking uh... output dealio whatever its called and all other ones are round. Also zip tied a sub c battery to it lol. I have nothing else. Poor suspension hates it but it works for puttin around the house. im having range issues though, I think its cause I dont have an antenna tube. Picked one up and will test it tomorrow. Anyway... Pictures!!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../moto_0093.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../moto_0095.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6.../moto_0094.jpg
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 AM

Great lookin truck man. Hey im no master at RC repair, but I'm pretty sure you cant mix power and signal. So if that's your antenna wire wrapped around the battery, you may want to re-rout. You said you have a tube, that should make the difference. If not, there are a lot of under body antenna mounting ideas out there. I think the easiest is just to use a small strip of lexan or plastic and drill some holes along the length. Then just weave the antenna line through. My wife used to work at a craft store, i had her grab me some scraps of "cross-stiching" stuff. Little squares you thread stuff throught and make pictures? Well, I cut a piece about 1.5-2.0 inches wide and 5-6 inches long, and just wrapped the antenna through that for my MRS4's. The whole thing fits under the body, and I sticky-foamed it to the side of the reciever.

Watch out for those bad people at the skate park. I'll have to come ridin up on my Japanese Hog and run 'em off! lol
Old 01-14-2009, 02:56 PM

Yea that was the antenna wrapped around the battery, i was trying to get it as high as possible. I installed the antenna tube a few minutes ago and it seemed to do the trick. I didnt have one, or so i thought. Turns out it came with one i just didnt see it fall out of the box when i opened it. Ive seen people do that with lexan, on crawlers mainly to keep the realistic look. It looks neat but thats not what im going for, i want it to work mainly.