YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > MegaTech Propulse > Propulse Discussion

Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 PM

they take regular mini packs too!
Old 12-16-2006, 07:06 PM

i love my propulse

Old 12-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Now all you need to do is give us a review on what you think of it.......
Spektrumized
Old 12-16-2006, 08:04 PM

Smile

sure =]

when i walked into my local radioshack looking for the br micro mosquito .the propulse display caught my eye,i said "wow,thats neat" and went on to puches the mosquito micro heli.well , i returned the heli the next day and bought the propulse b100, i had this thing open before i got home!!! the electronics are very profesional looking. i was even more impressed by the esc!very cool blue, the body is nice too, the green looks nice and is very flexible, but i usually run without it.when i got home and plugged the battery into the car it went forward and banged up my toenale, {ouch] the throttle trim had been straight up. so i took it outside to give it its maiden run and discharge the battery. WOW! this thing is a beast! couldnt resist going full speed off curbs and into the grass. just be sure to clean it after every run. i use a vacume to clean out all the dust, dirt, grass,leaves ..etc... the only thing i dislike of the propulse is the charge time, 10 hours, ouch... but im sure they will have better chargers soon. i had a fright today though. i was changing my settigns on the esc and transmitter. i had set it to race mode. i went out to run it. it could go forword but not backwords. i freaked!!! . i thought i had burned out my 140$ toy!. i went to propuls's website to read the sugestions, there i learned that in race mode, there was no reverse. "woo" {wipes forhead}..overall this is a great product!! +++++

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=zombie142
http://www.myspace.com/jayjaythejetplane3
email-- monstermaker13@yahoo.com
Old 12-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Too help with faster charges you should get yourself a peak charger..........so this way you will have to wait 40-45 minutes before going on the next run.....and getting more batts will also help in having fun.
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 12-16-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:28 PM

the only problem is the plug

im scared of switching plugs after a lipo accident

Old 12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Well since your not dealing with lipos it should be easy for you to change out the stock plugs to deans ultra's.
Spektrumized
Old 12-16-2006, 08:32 PM

ill try it soon, im gonna wait a few weeks

my mom gets mad at me when i "mod" stuff

Old 12-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Well just remember that if you need help this is the place to ask........lots of very knowledgeable members here.
Spektrumized
Old 12-16-2006, 08:44 PM

Talking

i just had the best run EVER!

im sure the battery is takin in more charge now

i dont know if it was the dark or something but this thing was cuising!
man..

i ran this thing out on the street{this is hard to do cuase i live on a main street}

and let this thing go

ZOOOOOM!

must of hit 23mph

ill be sure to get some good vid tomorrow

Old 12-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

I see that your having one hell of a time......yes the batts should be taking in more charge since your basically cycling the batts from charging and discharging. Cant wait for the vid.
Spektrumized
Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 PM
asimmons04

radioshack has a deal on em now

yeah i got my Pro-100B about a month ago. i have put the aluminum shocks, changed motors, and got the street tires on it. i know this is an old post but i had to comment. Radio Shack now has a ton of accesories for this thing. Also, when you buy one, you get free tires, battery, charger, bumpers, and high speed motor.

i have mine running the stock high torque motor with the high speed sprocket off the other motor they gave me.

also, the Team Associated R16B is what the propulse is made after. 90% of the parts from this car will fit your propulse. i am getting one of the motors soon...

i have pics of my modded car at www.myspace.com/asimmons04 in my photos

drew
Old 11-01-2009, 05:23 PM

Pro pulse must haves

Decent car could have been better for the price .. when i got mine the reciver was having issues took awhile to figure out what it was , every 1 outta 3 has this problem , just need to buy a new control.. also u wanna get the steel input gears cause the plastic ones wit shred it u add duel motor ups as i had or are thinking of going brushless . when i got mine it did maybe 15-20mph running stock motor gears and all, i have since upd to the duel motor 7.2 1400mah batt futaba reciver /control carbon drive shaft , and its doing about 25-35 very fast take offs and turns very very well.have a 57t spur x2 16t pinnions,titanium diff,steel input / diff gears, carbide balls and blue aluminum dog bones on the way should b faster. dont think its worth the $ when u can just go rc 18 t or around there ready to run and made to jump unlike this one.. i havent played with it in about a week im awaiting parts to fix it and or hop it up.. so some the things worth looking into are , "steels input/diff gear set" "stronger diff itself" i would suggest the titanium one as i have one its way also, "carbide balls" "duel motor" or brushless.. also the shocks are very poorly made look into some "aluminum adjustable shocks" havent had problems with the plastic links yet but id suggest getting the "titanium turnbuckles" .. all in all its a fun car but not really worth dropping $ into for more then just the drive type stuff.. your biggest problem will b your gears which isnt a bad investment when u figure most the 18t stuff wit work as far as internal diff's gears and so on.. i can not fully speak on this as to be true but the parts i ordered for mine where for a 18t which i did a decent amount of research on..will have info soon, i know this is a very old tread but i seen no one ever got back to say if 18t,mt, or those where interchangeable . im building a 18t from the floor up part by part and just thought since i will b buying parts that should match up wit the b-100 / megatech rc's .....so dont take my word for it yet if u can i will know in a few days and report my progress ...
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM

b-100 / megatech upgrade update

So i got the parts i ordered and heres the list of what i found out .. for the titanium diff : it will fit just fine but sum minor shaving is needed in the case . dog bones :work aswell but kinda stick in the stock wheel input shaft area so i need to order the 18t ones for better fit.. the steel input / diff gears : are direct fit ..x2 16t pinions : they will fit but minor shaving is also needed since they tend to hit top chassis plate/ where your electronics go and or spur cover.. 57t spur: now this is a lil tough.. the spur wont fit the megatech drive shaft as it is shaped a lil diffrent but the 18t shaft will fit with minor if not any mods or shaving .. so i haven't been able to mount the spur till drive shaft comes in also u will need to shave the stock opening on bottom of chassis a decent amount for clean movement but isnt that hard .. carbide balls: do make a big difference no modding needed . shim set: i got it but found its not needed even with the different diff ...thats all i have for now its raining outside and i havent waterproofed the car yet so will have more info on the speed gains / lose if any of the 16 t pinions tomorrow ..and more info on the other parts as in : drive shaft , steering linkage, drag linkage ,titanum turnbuckles and shocks next ..