YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 PM

Best battery?

Hi guys this is my first time on yourmicro.com , ha used to be at one18th.
Anyways i just bought a micro rs4 and am really fed up with the charge and run time of the stock battery. I have a mini-t with a brushless and lipo system so im not new to the rc world, i just want to know what i should get to get longer run times and faster charging while its still stock.

I remember a long time ago in car action there was a article about the hpi workers and their micro rs4 and how they created a 6cell pack out of the energizer 2500mah rechargeable batteries that would last for like an hour or hour and a half?? is this right.

Thank you
Old 10-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

The latest AA rechargable batteries I can find are from Staples and are 2650mah. You could make your own 6-cell pack from some of these no problem. I have also used some 2/3AA 650mah NiMH cells from CheapBatteryPacks.com which are small and light. The 2/3A Intellect 1500mah cells are also great and have double the capacity too.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:17 PM

ok thanks. do you have a suggestion of which i should choose? Ive never built my own battery before and am kind of confused about the process, but im figuring it out. ha is there like a site or link or some way u can explain it ? sry for the noobish question i guess. and then if im making these new battery's what charger do i need to get. like the phirana digital peak? again thank you
Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid kelton View Post
ok thanks. do you have a suggestion of which i should choose? Ive never built my own battery before and am kind of confused about the process, but im figuring it out. ha is there like a site or link or some way u can explain it ? sry for the noobish question i guess. and then if im making these new battery's what charger do i need to get. like the phirana digital peak? again thank you
The Duratrax AC/DC Digital Piranha charger is fine for Nicad and NiMH micro packs. It will charge up to 3 amps when using DC power and up to 5 amps off a 12V power supply.

Building your own packs is really quite easy. I use the de-solder braid as sold at Radio Shack to connect the cells and it works great. I use Goop / Shoe Goo to adhere the cells to each other and let that dry overnight. You don't need too much so use sparingly. Next day I tin the ends of the cells and then add the braid. Lastly, install your connector and you're done.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:34 PM

5 or six cells?

so as i was reading other things and began adding up voltages i realized that 6 cells equals 9 volts. and i thought the stock electronics or car was supposed to run at 7.4 volts or so? is this right? so would i need to get only 5 cells ? if they are 1.5 volts each? or is my choice of the 2500 mah batteries from energizer or whoever kind of dumb and should i just get actual r/c car batteries from cheap battery packs or something that run 1.2 volts each ??? thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Nicad and NiMH rechargeables are only 1.2V each and you are safe with a 6-cell pack.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Here take a look at these, they seem to have the highest mah so far......

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sanyo2700.html

And you cant beat the price on these.......

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpeh-taa2700-4-case.html

I use there Titanium LSD's in all my flashlights and they have not let me down yet.
Spektrumized
Old 11-05-2008, 11:23 PM

2/3a batteries?

whats the difference in a 2/3a and like a AA battery is it just size? im kind of confused looking at cheapbatterypacks and seeing like 4000mah batteries? so if size is the only difference would like a 3000 to 4000 mah battery be better? and also seeing as how this is all pretty confusing whats the best battery pack i can buy for the longest run times to fit directly into a stock micro rs4? li-po?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid kelton View Post
whats the difference in a 2/3a and like a AA battery is it just size? im kind of confused looking at cheapbatterypacks and seeing like 4000mah batteries? so if size is the only difference would like a 3000 to 4000 mah battery be better? and also seeing as how this is all pretty confusing whats the best battery pack i can buy for the longest run times to fit directly into a stock micro rs4? li-po?
Batteries come in different sizes as well as MaH ratings so you need to look at both. AA cells are thinner than A cells, and a 2/3A cell is shorter than an A cell. The Cheapbatterypacks.com web pages show the cell measurements as well.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
You can always go with a 6 cell pack and the stock motor, it should give you plenty of runtime to fit your needs........and if you want even longer runtimes just pop in another pack when the first is depleted.
Spektrumized
Old 05-27-2009, 12:34 PM

without going lipo (although I should do so) what is the best battery's to give more power/speed?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Isnt that the truth.........
Spektrumized
Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 AM

just get any hobby grade 2/3A battery packs! When I mean hobby grade, I mean known in the RC world and you should be pretty good.