YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-29-2007, 04:21 AM

Team Losi Li-Poly Battery & Charger

No details found yet, but someone on another site let us in on the new goodies

2 cell 180 mah pack
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0863

and with a "wall charger" looking type of charger
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0862

Sadly it's only 180 mah BLAH ! But, better than nothing and being lithium it should provide much better punch and power
Old 03-30-2007, 12:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4 stroken ron
Big Kid, Listen too ME. 2 cell 180mah, not nuch No balance wires, No "C" rating also not good. It could be a 6 c. for all we know. And Horizon says they will be there mid April. I bet you would see them till July. Find better batts somewhere else for less $.
Good Luck
Ron
Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 PM

Just picked up my losi lipo batt and charger. Charging now for an hour. Will report back.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:22 PM

ok, ran great for about 20 seconds (1/2 throttle w/ lipo = wot w/ stock nimh). then quit, then ran for about 10 more seconds, then nothing - no response from car, steering/throttle etc. i guess the esc is fried. calling losi
Old 06-02-2007, 02:22 PM

ooohhh, bummer on your issue.

Were you able to check if your new pack peaked properly? Sounds like the issue could be from the pack not taking a full charge?

Your ESC could have also fried though. I was going to ask you if Losi included any note or disclaimer with the battery pack? I wasn't sure if the stock ESC would be able to handle 7.4volts or not?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Lithium chargers don’t “peak” they charge to preset voltage levels, a 7.4 volt pack charges to exactly 8.4 volts.

With it’s bilt in 2x2 mosfet H-bridge motor driver working stock electronics will handle a 7.4 volt LiPo packs without a problem however since the motor does draw quite a bit of current if you have excessive binding, for example if your pinion/spur gear alignment is too tight, a LiPo powered motor will draw a lot more current and then easily burn out the mosfets. Also I have run across two Micro-T’s now that had bad mosfets from the factory but still ran ok since the other parallel mosfet was working, in both cases the only indication was that even when the motor and drive train where working perfectly (no binding or excessive drag) the cars still would not wheelie, adding a LiPo to a Micro-T that already had one of two parallel mosfets out would likely make short work of the one remaining good mosfet on that side of the H-bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap_B100ard View Post
ok, ran great for about 20 seconds (1/2 throttle w/ lipo = wot w/ stock nimh). then quit, then ran for about 10 more seconds, then nothing - no response from car, steering/throttle etc. i guess the esc is fried. calling losi
To me this sounds like there was some sort of binding causing to motor to draw too much current, the first time it quit was the mosfets overheating and burning out one of the two forward P-channel mosfets after cooling for a second the second parallel forward P-channel mosfet recovered but when you started again it only took half as long to overheat and burn it out.

Either way getting Losi to replace the board or car is your best bet, if for some reason they won’t help you could try replacing the mosfets but unfortunately it’s not easy since the Micro-T circuit board uses lead free solder which melts at a higher temperature making it darn hard not to lift the pads.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrc View Post
...Also I have run across two Micro-T’s now that had bad mosfets from the factory but still ran ok since the other parallel mosfet was working, in both cases the only indication was that even when the motor and drive train where working perfectly (no binding or excessive drag) the cars still would not wheelie...
Interesting, just got my Micro-T the other day and first one had DOA dead esc/rx...fortunately my lhs swapped it out for me. However, I was puzzled that it doesn't wheelie at all...my friend's wheelies on command with stock battery, gearing, and good charge on battery.