YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > MegaTech Propulse > Propulse Discussion

Old 01-01-2009, 02:58 PM

Been lurking, decided to register. Have a few questions.

I bought my first Pro Pulse a few weeks ago, and love it.

Before I was into the little Xmods which are quite fun to tinker with, but quite frankly you can't drive them anywhere besides on a smooth surface unless you have the truck. I dumped tons of money into them, including one which I am working on being a full GPM chassis car. I am almost there, but still have another probably $200 to spend to get it where I want it to be.

Anyways, enough of that.

The Pro Pulse has become my new baby for now, I don't have much done to it but that is also because parts availability right now blows. My RS carries nothing for them, the nearest one is 50 miles away and they have barely anything left. Ebay has two listings for PP parts right now. Ridiculous.

I have a twin motor upgrade and some on-road tires on the way, which should make things more fun. But, before I install that motor upgrade I need more parts to ensure my drivetrain isn't going to shatter.

I know that RC18t parts are compatible with PP's and I have been trying to find a list of what is compatible with no luck.

So far I'm pretty sure the tie rods and camber rods fit without issue, the control arms and cvd's I think do too, dog bones require small modification I hear, the diffs are a drop in part.

Been looking around here to see if there is a list, but nothing I have found yet. I figure for someone who knows, if they wouldn't mind making a list that would be great for someone new to the hobby because I can't find parts anywhere.. and I like to modify my stuff.

And, I end this post with some pictures:

When it was new.

Now.

You can see where I put bondo around the tie rod, I snapped it on a high speed run into the curb. Didn't have any extras so I did what I could. It's holding up amazingly well, been running it as hard as I normally would since then, it's taken quite a few jumps, flips, and some hits to the curb again. Of course I don't do it purposely, things like this just happen as you are learning to get better with something that has more power and speed than an Xmod.

Handling seems to have improved since I lowered it. This little thing is a blast.

Edit: Wow, talk about my luck. I post this, and then I find a thread that has a somewhat list of RC18 parts that will work.. way to make my self look like a horrible n00b.

Last edited by ling427ttvette; 01-01-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Is this forum really this slow? Wow.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Is this forum really this slow? Wow.

Yea it's "past its prime" but there are still people on here
Old 01-04-2009, 04:08 PM

A welcome would have been nice.

Seems this forum could use some new members to get it running again but with an attitude like that I can see why people aren't sticking around.

"Oh, there's nothing new here, no need to respond.. just another new guy."

I figured maybe there are some guys that have been in the Pro Pulse game long enough that would be nice enough to chime in and give me some tips, hints, tricks.. whatever you got.. that stuff that's good to know about running your new R/C. Hell, just making small talk about past experiences with different compatible parts, what works better and what sucks.. I mean come on here.

Apparently most of you here just don't care.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Apparently most of you here just don't care.
Hey that's not true man, there are a lot of helpful people on here. Just read some threads previously posted, you will find a lot of info

My advice is this:

Go to RS and pick up A LOT of parts for ur truck. Everything is on clearance for the propulse for $1.97, dual motor, shocks, EVERYTHING that's an upgrade.

Also, what's fun and useful to do is mess around with different shock settings see how it works for you

I personally like mine low to the ground, yet with minimal "sag", that way the center of gravity is low, and it can still take a jump.

Grab some new rims, a new body maybe, new turnbuckles and dogbones, add some color and sexiness to it!

and keep us posted
Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM

I took advantage of that deal.. had to drive 50 miles or so one way to get it though.

Picked all that up for $23, got 11 items total.

3 sets of tires, the turnbuckles, shocks, shock tower kit, antenna tube and body clips, driveshaft and gearbox kit, replacement bumpers, dual motors, spur and pinion kit.

Only problem is, with the dual motors I had a run time of like 5 minutes.

Been looking around for a high mAh battery, found a 4200 mAh battery but pretty sure it won't fit.

I don't want the measly little 1400 mAh battery.. I want big mAh and a fast charger.

What do you guys use? Been browsing the battery section and really didn't find much of what I wanted yet.

Edit: I did go ahead and raise the truck back up to stock as I jump things alot.. I really liked it lowered but I got a few nasty scrapes on the bottom, I figured if I kept it like that I would tear it up too quick.

Last edited by ling427ttvette; 01-04-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:59 PM

I'm no where near new to how a forum works, but every forum I have ever been on has been slightly more welcoming than this one. I'm a member of 20+ forums probably, been on forums since around 2003-2004. Kid? Not really, although I am young at only 21.

I'd love to ask questions and get help, and help with what I can as well. But that's hard with a slow moving forum.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that for the Pro Pulse it's going to be a learn on my own by trial and error thing, since the market for them is basically gone and it seems as if most people have lost interest in them. Not sure why, they aren't great but hell they sure are fun.

Seems as if I'm off to a bit of a rocky start here, but sometimes you got to shake things up a little to get people to actually do some talking.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:15 PM

I say throw some blue rims on their, and some blue aluminum dogbones, that'll look sweeet

What tires are those? Are they good in dirt?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 PM

something you all should know about mega tech, they make the ta rc18 they did not copy it because they are the manufacture of it and all the aluminum upgrades for it. I went into the local hobbytown and the guy there showed me a invoice from megatech that had the ta rc18 and the megapro on it they are the same thing with very little differences. the only place there are differences is were megatech wanted it to be more reliable.