YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
My name is Jeff 36 years old live in SC, single dad and I have way to many hobbies that are way to expensive.
I'm a complete newbie to the RC world.
I work at Radio Shack and these went on clearance. I took one out side and gave it a test run ........I was very impressed with them the speed was great right up until I hit a parking concrete stop median (oops) so I snagged a few. One for me my son my sisters kid and and extra (just in case). I got these with the 4 free accessories with each plus a bunch more for when stuff does break......more than whats in the pic........hell a lot more.
Nice to meet every one and I'm sure I'll have a lot of noob questions in the coming months.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM

I ENVY YOU!!!!

I've called 10 radio shacks in the past week, and all they have left are tires. I reeeeeeeally wanna get my hands on some of those sweet deals they have goin on!!!!!!!!!!

The best I could do was have them put my on a list so as soon as the next shipment comes in (hopefully tomorrow, fingers crossed) they'll call me, I'm having them hold a turnbuckle kit, shocks, dual motor kit, and the driveshaft.

Man that is one sexy picture!! .

Hey since you work at RS maybe you can confirm... are these going to be STOPPED? or are they just out at the moment? I very strongly hope they will have more stuff, $1.97 for aluminum shock kit?! FREAKIN RIDICULOUS

Oh and by the way, feel free to ask, we're here to help
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
I ENVY YOU!!!!

I've called 10 radio shacks in the past week, and all they have left are tires. I reeeeeeeally wanna get my hands on some of those sweet deals they have goin on!!!!!!!!!!

The best I could do was have them put my on a list so as soon as the next shipment comes in (hopefully tomorrow, fingers crossed) they'll call me, I'm having them hold a turnbuckle kit, shocks, dual motor kit, and the driveshaft.

Man that is one sexy picture!! .

Hey since you work at RS maybe you can confirm... are these going to be STOPPED? or are they just out at the moment? I very strongly hope they will have more stuff, $1.97 for aluminum shock kit?! FREAKIN RIDICULOUS

Oh and by the way, feel free to ask, we're here to help
Yes they are CLEARANCED OUT we are pretty thin on stock too (after a few of us RS employees got a hold of every thing) but if what your looking for doesn't come in let me know and I'll see what I can do. I heard a rumor that we (may) be getting another shipment in but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
If we do I'll let ya know.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Dang radio shack employees buying up all the parts, you should feel ashamed of your self LOL. I just wish my radio shack had more parts but they say they are not going to get in anything else. I did buy like 4 of everything they had so i should be set on parts but i need dogbones but i will be going rc18 cvds on my truck and buggy.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:10 PM

Awesome man thanks that'd be great! Hes said it would be in either tomorrow or tuesday, so if they don't get the shipment I'll let you know, see if we can work something out

Looks like I was a bit too late. The dual motor kit is really the only thing that I couldn't get off of other trucks, it's not really the availability, but the price!! Crazy good deals.

Hopefully my luck will kick in and they'll have the stuff

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Hey Capt. like you I decided to join over here as well. I responded to a couple of the same threads as you over at RCU. Anyway I was able to beat the employees at my location. They had no idea their stuff was on sale at that price. I showed up at opening time on the 2nd and took one of everything to the register and had him pull the prices to make sure. His eyes got huge and could not believe it. I wiped them out of every thing. By the way since you are a RS employee did you know about the goof RS made on their web site on that Sony Nav u44? I was able to score the last 2 in my area for the $29.99. They did not want to do it at first but they honored their internet price. Sweet deal!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:31 PM

Damn you got alot of stuff there. I'm almost envious.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Damn you got alot of stuff there. I'm almost envious.
Just almost?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncutter View Post
Hey Capt. like you I decided to join over here as well. I responded to a couple of the same threads as you over at RCU. Anyway I was able to beat the employees at my location. They had no idea their stuff was on sale at that price. I showed up at opening time on the 2nd and took one of everything to the register and had him pull the prices to make sure. His eyes got huge and could not believe it. I wiped them out of every thing. By the way since you are a RS employee did you know about the goof RS made on their web site on that Sony Nav u44? I was able to score the last 2 in my area for the $29.99. They did not want to do it at first but they honored their internet price. Sweet deal!

Hope you cleaned them out you just cant beat the 1.97 price for hop ups......come on that's just crazy..........50 buck car with 4 free accessories OH HELL YA
Yea I got wind of it after the fact......Sony Nav u44

Glad you could capitalize on there screw up..........lol nice snag...!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunch View Post

Hope you cleaned them out you just cant beat the 1.97 price for hop ups......come on that's just crazy..........50 buck car with 4 free accessories OH HELL YA
Yea I got wind of it after the fact......Sony Nav u44

Glad you could capitalize on there screw up..........lol nice snag...!
It was a very nice snag. Had I not had a buddy go sit on them till I got there to get them I would have been able to sell one to pay for the other and still made a little bank at it but he wanted one so I let him have it for the 29.99. I did however score on 4 TomTom Go720's on behalf of Best Buys web site screw up. Picked them up for $79.99 each. I love/hate fatwallet.com lol My wallet is empty not fat. Anyway yeah I cleaned out the parts at my local RS. They still had a box full of tires and a couple of other things that would not be that high in demand. I am already getting hit up on RCU for some of this stuff. I figure if I break even on it then great. I got what 27 more days and if it doesn't move I will load what is left and return it. Nice score on the trucks by the way. I actually returned the buggy. I was not happy with it but these trucks rock!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 AM

PS I got in on that Sony DSW80 deal back last March I believe it was, $27.97. There was a mass email from corporate to pull all inventory so they would not have to match the price however one moron in my area screwed up and told me they had 2. I went to purchase them and he refused to sell them to me for the advertised price. So I called the DM and they matched it and appologized to me for the dudes behavior. He was a jerk and probably pissed that I was getting them for that price and his buddies were not. Customer is always right
Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 PM

So anyone else score any more parts? iv been reading son some other forums people are buying them up like hot cakes.
Funny how I started reading the post for when the PP first came out and all I read was (it's a cheap knock off, piece of junk dont bother. ect.)
But have noticed since they have gotten clearenced out at rs and people have actually tried them......well not all I hear is (yea there pretty good in fact it's a little faster out of the box than my RC18 ect.)

I will have to say for 50 bucks ya cant go wrong......all though theres not much out there now.!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM

I reeeeeeeeeeeeally need a set of those shocks. I snapped one, and no radioshack in arizona has them, literally. If you could sell me a set of yours I'd be really greatful
Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
I reeeeeeeeeeeeally need a set of those shocks. I snapped one, and no radioshack in arizona has them, literally. If you could sell me a set of yours I'd be really greatful
Sorry bro NO shocks anywhere in my district, that was one of the first things to go. iv seen a bunch on ebay though.....check them out.....sorry I couldnt help.