YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 07-12-2008, 02:16 PM

funky issues with pro-b100

hi, i have the propulse buggy pro-b100?? anyway ive had it since they first came out, i spent over 900$ in parts n such.. long story short, im having issues with it, i put it away in my closet boxxed up, for about 2 months, it ran perfect when i put it up, i got it out and now all the sudden forward is backwards and backwards is forwards... i was completly stumped. everything else worked right, so i cut the motor wires and flipped them around., which is odviously not right.. but i couldent find any problems with it and i knew although not right, this would correct the problem...yeah worked for about 3 mins, now it runs like an old beat up weedeater, you have to very very gently depress the throttle to get it moving, if you just hammer it, no go., if you pick the car up and hammer the throttle, it goes. put it down, only reverse works half ass and forward is almost completly not working., i took it all apart, servo's and all i didnt find any isseus.. i tested the motor, its fine. i tried another, same crap. im really lost on this one

if the motor was defective... its imposable for it to spin the wrong way right??? thats gota be caused by something else. but what is it?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4 View Post
hi, i have the propulse buggy pro-b100?? anyway ive had it since they first came out, i spent over 900$ in parts n such.. long story short, im having issues with it, i put it away in my closet boxxed up, for about 2 months, it ran perfect when i put it up, i got it out and now all the sudden forward is backwards and backwards is forwards... i was completly stumped. everything else worked right, so i cut the motor wires and flipped them around., which is odviously not right.. but i couldent find any problems with it and i knew although not right, this would correct the problem...yeah worked for about 3 mins, now it runs like an old beat up weedeater, you have to very very gently depress the throttle to get it moving, if you just hammer it, no go., if you pick the car up and hammer the throttle, it goes. put it down, only reverse works half ass and forward is almost completly not working., i took it all apart, servo's and all i didnt find any isseus.. i tested the motor, its fine. i tried another, same crap. im really lost on this one

if the motor was defective... its imposable for it to spin the wrong way right??? thats gota be caused by something else. but what is it?
1. Hook the wires back correctly.
2. Check the transmitter, there are switches on it that allow you reverse the operation of them.
3. If that doesn't work try replacing the ESC with a Novak Spy or something similar.

I'd also check the motor and make sure the bushings/bearings aren't worn out. If they are the armature will wobble slightly.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:01 PM

im not sure if the propulse b-100 has a switch to change direction, i know others do but im thinking this one doesnt. not 100%, whats an ESC? and where would i go to get replacement parts?? srry im pretty much a noob when it comes to its electonics... everything else i can handle lol.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Bilbo is right...If it ran fine when you put it away, and now it'strying to run backward, it's obvious the servo reverse swich got tripped. Most ESC's have some delay between forward and reverse, so that's what you seem to be experiencing. Also, they don't run as fast in reverse. If you follow Bilbo's advice with #1 and #2, I'm sure you won't be needing a new Electronic Speed Control (ESC).

Also, please list which radio, receiver and ESC you're using. It could help us work out any future troubleshooting issues....Good Luck.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 PM

everything electronic is stock but the motor., and its made for the PP b-100, mabey i should have been more specific about what pro pulse i have, its from radio shack, made by megatech, RS doesnt carry them anymore. heres a glamor shot homeade wheels and no shocks

Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 AM

All I should say is to read the Pro-Pulse Manual.

Pay particular attention to page 8.

The transmitter has both Steering (ST) and Throttle (TH) reversing switches. so try hitting the TH switch and try running it again.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:04 PM

hmmmm

il try and hit the switches in all different possable combos. il report back
Old 07-13-2008, 06:20 PM

well interesting... thing does have the throttle and steering oprions for different preferances., then i started to remember that the 'race' mode switch on the remote was V E R Y hard to move either way... so i tried messing with that and i couldent budge it either way.. i skipped that thought and went to pull the chip out of the back of the remote 27.195 frq.., it came out VERY hard... it was glued in with a rubbery glue factory?? anyway now it wont go back in... it seems that the mating circut board is to far back into the remote... so im going to now take the remote apart and see if mabey i droped it and moved something... i know ive never dropped the remote.. but il see.... btw i hate taking apart r/c remots!! springs i tell you!!!! time to lock the cat in another room....lil bastard aint eatin my spring this time!! lol....long story.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
well interesting... thing does have the throttle and steering oprions for different preferances., then i started to remember that the 'race' mode switch on the remote was V E R Y hard to move either way... so i tried messing with that and i couldent budge it either way..
Yes the ESC has race mode, it makes the speed control go forward only.

Quote:
i skipped that thought and went to pull the chip out of the back of the remote 27.195 frq.., it came out VERY hard... it was glued in with a rubbery glue factory?? anyway now it wont go back in... it seems that the mating circut board is to far back into the remote... so im going to now take the remote apart and see if mabey i droped it and moved something... i know ive never dropped the remote.. but il see....
Yes they do have some glue on them but a hobby knife will cut through it and it should come out easier. Oh, it's too late for that tip. Make sure there is no glue residue preventing the crystal from being reinserted.

Quote:
btw i hate taking apart r/c remots!! springs i tell you!!!! time to lock the cat in another room....lil bastard aint eatin my spring this time!! lol....long story.
My cats just bat things around, this eating springs I have to hear the story. I love cat stories.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:07 PM

bwwwahahahaha!!!

cat stories lol... acually the lil bastard ate 2 springs out of 2 different things... i have 4 cats... only the dominate male is the bastard one lol, one day i recieved a brand newish $400 100 disc changer from a friend... it wouldnt rotate the cd changer so it wouldent work, i heard something rattling around in it.. so i shook it up vigerously to drop the piece out the front to see what it was.... all of this rattling aperently got my cats attention (tigger), i didnt know it but the lil bugger was hiding behind me, i was sitting indian style on the carpet shaking this thing like mad, when it finally fell out! all i had time to see was that it was a tiny spring, just as quick as it hit the floor that cat lunged for it and it was gone just like that! gulp! swollow!, and he ran like the ****ens!!! lil ass sniffer!...we have 3 males and a female... he likes to sniff the females ass so hard it lifts her hind legs completly off the floor lol...which results in her gettin pissy and scratching him across the face... anyway 2nd story.. very similar to the first... i was taking apart an old R/C called 'ricochet' i think it was made by tyco? i dont remember... kinda like the tyco rebound, but not worthless the ricochet was an indestructable bad mother fu.! anyway i decided to take the remote apart one day cause my left joystick was floppy.. like floppy donkey joystick.. really bad.. and once again i could hear the rattly rattly of something broke inside, by this time tigger is very young, id say 6 months. anyway i opened the remote, found that the spring broke on the stick, so i layed the remote down, and went to grab a drink.. went back to my room, opened the door just to see tigger fly past me like he was on fire.. didnt think nothing of it.. hes 6 months old.. their all crazy at that age... so i walked over and seen my remote upside down and parts EVERYWHERE!.. i pieced it all back together.. but never found that damn spring!!!.. hehe..

ok so anyway back to PP.... i just put it all back together, fired it back up.. same ****.. BUT this time i wasnt getting any steering response... i was like W T F so i switched out batteries as a last resort.. even tho i already did this once before... HEY look at that!!! the different battery took care of it!!!.. anyway it seems.. i still have to put it back together, soldeir wires back together, glue the heat sink cpu block back onto the diff conector and then il run it on the ground and see... il write back

Last edited by srt-4; 07-13-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:18 PM

Interesting cat you have there. I currently have 6 (3 male, 3 female) hot and furrys running around this house (ages from 1 to 13). two of the females like helping me when I'm trying to build anything. Usually trying to sit on my lap or shoulder and getting hair everywhere. One of the males (the quiet and nice one) was diagnosed with Diabetes, he gets insulin shots twice a day.

I love my cats, I love my cats.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:15 PM

update!, well whatever i did seemed to fix it, it ran like a champ today!.... till... i splashed it in a foot of water full throttle... after being full throttle for over 5 mins stright... i was heading stright, there was a deep vally of water to the left of the car... it was kinda far away from me... ofcorse as soon as the car was nearing the water, it glitched and went right in it!! SPLASH!, even came out the other side still moterin!... then it went crazy (which i expected) but it didnt go crazy at first, so i was thinking... hmmm it may have lived!.. NOT.. and now it wont go at all... steering is fine, but no go in forward and reverse,, i used my air hose at work and pressure'd the water out of the car.. dry as a bone.. still no go. but i didnt take apart the computer box things.... what do you all think??, acually after i sprayed all the air, it ran fine for like 15 feet, then stalled and its no go ever since.. is this a wait till 100% dry deal..or did i do major damage?

and that sucks about the insulin cat... ouch! hope hes ok!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
update!, well whatever i did seemed to fix it, it ran like a champ today!.... till... i splashed it in a foot of water full throttle... after being full throttle for over 5 mins stright... i was heading stright, there was a deep vally of water to the left of the car... it was kinda far away from me... ofcorse as soon as the car was nearing the water, it glitched and went right in it!! SPLASH!, even came out the other side still moterin!... then it went crazy (which i expected) but it didnt go crazy at first, so i was thinking... hmmm it may have lived!.. NOT.. and now it wont go at all... steering is fine, but no go in forward and reverse,, i used my air hose at work and pressure'd the water out of the car.. dry as a bone.. still no go. but i didnt take apart the computer box things.... what do you all think??, acually after i sprayed all the air, it ran fine for like 15 feet, then stalled and its no go ever since.. is this a wait till 100% dry deal..or did i do major damage?
Water and unprotected electronics do not mix. Take the receiver apart and check the board, I've seen corrosion on electronics in a day after hitting the water. You may be able to clean the corrosion but it'll be easier to replace the receiver (call Megatech.) If you have a spare radio and receiver that uses Futaba servos and plug the steering servo and esc into it and try them out. The receiver on the Pro-Pulse is 27mhz on the FM band most 27mhz receivers are AM so unless you have a another FM receiver you'll have to have a whole radio system.

Quote:
and that sucks about the insulin cat... ouch! hope hes ok!
Kit Kat (he had that name when we saved him from the pound) is a good cat and he allows me to give him his shots without any complaints.