YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 08-24-2007, 01:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to DriftIsTheWayRS
Are they worth it

looking on ebay propulses are about $50 including everything, are these cars good enough that it would be worth spending more than $20 on a radioshack car? I know the original xmod I had wasnt great(dang them plastic wheel nuts always falling off) but this one looks pretty decent.

Matt

www.jamminlidz.com , custom micro rs4 and m18 drift tires for a great price and custom painted bodies!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM

yes they are well worth buying... these things are (in my own oppinon) better quality than the losi's and AE's. bottom line, just buy one from radio shack, and if you dont like it... just take it back.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to DriftIsTheWayRS
how much are they NIP

and both my losi's are 100% upgraded so starting from stock is going to be like AHHH again, lol

www.jamminlidz.com , custom micro rs4 and m18 drift tires for a great price and custom painted bodies!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Hey Drift long time no see on ym.....just to let you know that the PP's are made by Megatech, they make hopup parts for rc's.....just remember that in this hobby nothing stays stock for long, hopups are always a good thing.
Spektrumized
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftIsTheWayRS View Post
looking on ebay propulses are about $50 including everything, are these cars good enough that it would be worth spending more than $20 on a radioshack car? I know the original xmod I had wasnt great(dang them plastic wheel nuts always falling off) but this one looks pretty decent.

Matt
If you had seen my recent posts you should not be surprised at what my opinion is. They are Hobby Grade RC made by MegaTech as Alfred mentioned and I agree with ZumiezRacer that the quality is better than an RC18T. I have all but abandoned my other dirt trucks and primarily run the T100.
I was totally as skeptical as anyone else before I bought something from RS again. But I researched a bit about MegaTech and decided that I would test one out. I am still running that first truck and haven't broken it yet.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftIsTheWayRS View Post

Matt

You cannot compare the Pro-Pulse to xmods. A different class of vehicle all together. If you had Xmods and have looked at Pro-Pulse I should assume you noticed the difference. Download one of the owners manuals at the RS site and take a look at it. I purchased a buggy and a truck from RS. When I found them on Ebay I bought a buggy, one of the $50ones. The Ebay models come in a plain shipping box, not the retail box you see at RS. It IS the same vehicle.

I got one from this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Pulse-B100-1...QQcmdZViewItem

Fast shipper and he sent me a tracking number. The vehicle was brand new and still had all the protective film.

If you get more than one BE SURE to put in the notes you want different channels as you cannot specify this when you choose to bid.

My wife runs the truck and it has survived smacking walls (brick) and curbs many many many times and has went swimming in puddles twice (don't try this I think I just lucked out). I have had to glue down the ESC and receiver several times and replace bumper bolts but it keep on flying. I got the 1400ma batteries and run them in a large parking lot next door every evening it is not raining. We hav about 80 hours on one truck and one buggy and 60 hours on the other buggy with the high speed motor. They are fun, durable and well worth the 100 bucks at RS and the 50 at Ebay is a steal. Wo do very much enjoy the fun we have with the Propulse vehicles.

I have 4 Xmods and two tracks (RS large and oval) and 4 other Xmods for the grandkids to beat up. These are fun too on the rainy days but the ProPulse is really a hobby class vehicle.

My RC toys;

Pro-Pulse Buggy
Pro-Pulse Buggy - HS Motor, Team Losi truck body, titanium turnbuckles & tie rods, slicks.
Pro-Pulse Truck
CX2 Helicopter

Wish List - Boat

Last edited by johnling; 08-26-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM

Yes, they are definitely worth it. And about the xmods... If you go to the AtomicMods forums, check out the stuff TheMiniDriftKing is coming up with.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Absolutely worth it, but watch out for pipes in the grass.
Also, the ebay deals are out of line for how cheap they are.

And mentioning XMods, as far as RS goes; Very little is worth much in the first run, the rebuilds/redesigns are much better. The Megatech-made stuff is, well, made by Megatech.