YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > HPI Micro RS4 > Micro RS4 540 Conversion

Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Micro Hybrid Master

Aktion RC Kits on Sale for $69 Until They're Sold Out

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are down to the very last remaining 540 kits and we're letting them go for only $69 until they're gone. That's the cheapest we've ever sold a 540 kit for. So get them while you can, because seriously, this time we won't be making any more. I know we've said that in the past, but for us the MRS4 has had a good run, and it's been a great car, and it's really time to retire this beast. There's only a few left so drop by www.aktionrc.com and pick the kit of your choice before they're gone. And thanks again to everyone on this forum for making the 540 Micro a reality and for keeping it going for so many years. It really has been a lot of fun.

Dan
Aktion RC
Old 08-30-2007, 12:19 AM

Ok.

I want to buy one of 540r or 540s.

Which one has more potential in terms of ugrading battery? e.g. adding more cells. Also can any one of them accept 6 cell 2/3a battery? prefer shotgun style.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Dan,

Any special deals on shipping for Yourmicro members? I might be interested in the 4-cell Sub-C chassis.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
im sure a lot of members here will be interested in this.
Spektrumized
Old 08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Micro Hybrid Master

The Lipo 540i kit has the best battery upgrade potential, if I had to pick just one. Since it just has a flat pan chassis, there is no limit to the kind of battery you can run, as long as it fits; lipo, 2/3A, SC, AA (for stock motors) or whatever you might have lying around. It is the only kit that works well with 2/3A cells, since the other kits have the battery cutouts for the larger cells. Although if you have a pre-made 2/3A pack, it will fit any of the kits fine. We just don't recommend running 540 motors with 2/3A cells. If you just want to stack SC cells, then the Gen2 540s would be the best since it's the widest and might actually fit that many cells (although I don't know how to do it and make it look decent). As far as most motor potential, the 4-cell 540r kit hands down since even on 4 cell, with a low-turn modified motor (<10T), it can get pretty crazy.

Giving discounts on shipping to select people is kinda a pain with PayPal since it doesn't really allow you many options with shipping other than a flat rate. It's $69 cheap enough? Well, we charge a flat $6 for Priority and it actually costs us $6.25 to ship since the rates went up, but I never got around to updating the site. So how about that sweet 25 cent discount right there? Actually SteveM, since you're in Canada, we usually ship EMS which is expensive but it's insured, we can do Global Priority mail, it's about 1/2 the cost but it's uninsured. If you're used to getting things from the States though, it may work out for ya.

Last edited by aktiondan; 08-31-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to RiceRacerX
I wanted to buy one but I was a Dollar late and a day short.

U have the money for one of the kits.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 AM

motor plate

dan
ive been looking all around for ur kits i need just a motor mount or just an actual size drawing of it i just came accross some CF so my problem is solved all i need is just the size i had been using plexie glass and lexan but i cant get the strength out of it and my motor mounts keeps melting
please let me know if u can help me out i would pay for the motor mount seprate and or for the drawing and sizes
just let me know thanks
shawn