YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-03-2006, 08:48 PM

Boing !

Just some thoughts on some spring options for the MLST.

Stock green springs are 45.5 mm
Black 3Racing stock spring is 32.5 mm
Green AE Buggy 34 mm (3.5 lbs.)
Brown/Copper AE Buggy 40.75 mm (2 lbs.)

I'll get the chrome stocker later.

One thing to note isthe approximate inner diameter of the springs. The AE Buggy springs are a tick smaller, but should not pose much of an issue. I'll probably strecth them out ever so slightly to fit the spring cup better. As they are, they fit well enough to run as is.

Stock Green MLST 14 mm
3Racing stock black 14.25
AE Buggy Green and Brown 13 mm

These AE Buggy springs come about as a good, cost effective option for those of us who want a shorter spring. They are a bit shorter than stock, but what I am looking for. If you run the 3Rcaing shocks and desire a lower ride height, than some shorter springs are in order. I may also cut them like Xtant did, to get the ride height I desire. Plus they are only $2.50 a pair.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Micro Master

Nice info Big. Since running the 3R shocks I haven't been able to use my losi buggy springs. They just jack up the truck way to high. So I'll keep this in mind the next time I head to the lhs.

Over in the 3R thread on one18th somebody said the half8 front springs are the same length as the black 3R springs.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:47 AM

Which spring do you run? The stock black 3Racing spring?

The Half 8 springs should be just about the same lingth as the 3R's. Our probablem in Hawaii, is that no one really stocks parts for the Mini Inferno.

I like the idea of using these buggy springs (and i'm sure the Losi buggies should work just as well) because they are cost effective and easy to get. I will be cutting mine down short like Xtant did, so I can get my arms to sit level. I just wanted to be sure I had some back up springs in case I muffed it , and these buggy springs fit the bill perfectly.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Micro Master

Well I was running losi orange f buggy springs. They are very stiff and even with the collar all the way up my truck still looked like it was sitting on triangles.

So I've got stock green springs up front and black in the rear. The rear arms with the black springs & 20wt arms sit almost level.

Last night I rasied the towers a bit by using 2 of the aluminum pieces under them. I had spares. That really didn't do much. So I think I'm gonna get these.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to acsubie
yea the H8 front springs are the trick with the 3R shocks, but i really didnt like the 3R optional spring set, some of the springs were actually different lengths ..not cool...im now using the kyosho spring sets, but sorta pricey...SATO makes a nice spring kit(fronts only available) that offer even more spring rates for finer tuning
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Micro Master

Hmm didn't know about the SATO set. Thanks acsubie. I need to order some stuff from dinball soon so I'll probably get those instead given what you said about the 3R set.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:07 PM

i remember there was all these people talking about using the green stock rear springs all round, so i ordered another pair of green springs cuz the stock white ones are just way too soft... then i looked in my drawer o' rc stuff and it occured to me, why cant i just use the spacers and squeeze the front springs far enough to be as stiff as the rear springs... oh well, anyone want a pair of green springs?

also, dont get the new blue stiff springs for the mini lst, unless you plan on using your mlst as a stunt jumper and your very very good at landing the right side up...
Old 08-26-2006, 11:54 PM

I run Losi green (rears) at all four corners and it works great with 30 wt oil...stock shocks...which leak alot at the shock shaft real quick.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to microRS4guy
the sato spring kits are the same as the trinity kits. i have the sato front springs with the trinity rears. and they are very nice springs! gives alot of tuning options for the mini inferno.

for the mini lst i have the blue (firm) these are accually to hard and would only be good for onroad racing with the mini lst, and the white (soft springs) these are accually good springs for a bumpy track.
m18t
XB8
sponsers:
Apogee Batteries
DNA Designs