YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
can I play?

Castle Creations Mamba Thread

It's no secret anymore, Castle Creations was working on a brushless sensorless controller and I got to test a Beta version. Shawn gave me permission to talk.

What you all would like to know?

Yes it has the works, very smooth acceleration from the prop forward, best breaks I have ever tested in a speed control, proportional/ programable reverse.

The controllers programming features such as timing(max advanced, advanced, and economical). Reverse features I found to be excellent as well w a rev delay seting and disabling as well as no delay for prop rev.

The only feature I found not nessesary were voltage cutoffs. Performance of the car began to decrease notably before I could reach the cutoff voltage. Not really a prob since performance of the motor and controller combo I tested gave me approx 20-25min of runtime before decreasing.

Cogging? Yes, but I foung only at crawl speeds. Shoot, I was cruzin around the house w/ excellent sense of controll over the car. Low speeds are very controllable all the way up to high speed runs and breaking into turns.

The combo I tested is what UNITED RC will be offering. he he, speed, run time, and oh so powerful w/ excellent control of the car due to an awsome product from CC, the MAMBA.

I'm not sure the price yet, but I am sure its going to be the best bang for the buck. Close to home company w/ great CS and definitely the best controll I have used in my RC car.

I'll try and get a video out for yall to see.

havy
Old 10-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Game Over

Sounds like a great upgrade.

What batts did you use? 4/5/6 cell?

I dont know very much about brushless but i do know that the cogging effect is reduced as you increase the # of cells. So someone who uses a 4 cell pack will have more cogging than a 6 cell pack.

Just curious. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:25 PM
can I play?

running on 6 cells, the cars is very stable/ controllable. I wish we had anice carpet track to run it o though. That way tire ware would be the last thing on my mind. he,he.

haven't tried lower cell count because the speed range on this set-up is perfect, if anything play w/ the motor timing and gears, I run an 11t right now, lower the gears more and even less cogging also. But this is expected, and really isn't a significant factor IMHO.

havy
Old 10-01-2003, 08:51 PM
.::.SerapH.::.

drooool...

... ah, but finishing what I have started... therein lies my probl...
-Me
Old 10-01-2003, 10:23 PM
OI! BOY

is that the razor motor that united rc has on their site but, not in stock? if not what do the mamba motors look like?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:49 AM
can I play?

Mamba is the controller, the motor I'm using is the micro car Razor motor that United will sell in combo w/ the mamba.

Basically, I'm runing what he will be selling. But the controller is the mamba, made by Castle Creations, that's the heart and nervous system of the brushless system. The motor is the muscle.

havy
Old 10-02-2003, 07:07 AM
3PK is not a radar!

Send a message via AIM to NMT_RACER_BOY
how big is it?
can ytou take a picture?
Is this the phoneix 25amp version for cars?

Thanks havy,
steven
Old 10-02-2003, 09:35 AM
can I play?

I had some pics but it was when I first got the controller. I will try to make a video and show you the set up and some action sometime betweeen today and tomarrow. I have a six cell setup now, but it looks basically the same.
here are the pics, this was the 8 cell, looks the same as the 6 cell actually.

http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=1168

havy
Old 10-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Mamba Kitty #1

The Mamba system that dealers will carry will be a plug-and-play combo of our motor (brand name not yet released) and Mamba 25 controller.

The controller will be a distinctly new product - based on the Phx 25, but not the same in many ways.

We were originally planning to use the Razor motor in the package, but impossible supply problems forced us to look elsewhere - and we designed our own motor that is actually better (of course).

Shawn
Old 10-02-2003, 05:49 PM
1/18th SCALE UPGRADES

Shawn,

I cant find your email address anymore...please hit me on email...i have some quesitons for you.

jwyant@unitedrc.com

Thank you

Sport71 Packs!

RACE71 Packs!

United RC Battery Pack Matrix

KRYSTAL MOTOR LINE:
The New Krystal - Re-Invented again, get on the motor revolution,

"You think I have a MOD complex? I am MOD!"
Old 10-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Micro Novice

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Palmer
The Mamba system that dealers will carry will be a plug-and-play combo of our motor (brand name not yet released) and Mamba 25 controller.

The controller will be a distinctly new product - based on the Phx 25, but not the same in many ways.

We were originally planning to use the Razor motor in the package, but impossible supply problems forced us to look elsewhere - and we designed our own motor that is actually better (of course).

Shawn
my questions:
this uses the same 2/3 AA batteries that micros use??

though I still have my old stock motor plate, is there a solution for those of us that have a big block motor mount installed? perhaps a slightly bigger mamba bl? (i know in the case of a bl for a micro size does not matter)

so far the price I saw announce was $169 for the combo, so this undercuts hacker's by $40. That's good. But what kind of warranty would $169 buy you??
Old 10-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Mamba Kitty #1

Same cells - yes it can, just watch the current draw though - some cells are better than others.

Motor will fit the big block plate, and standard plate - two sets of mounting holes.

Warranty:
#1 - you can call me anytime you have an issue - we are well known in the aircraft market for having the #1 best customer service of any manufacturer.
#2 - everything is made and serviced right here in the USA. No overseas shipping and delays for replacements/repairs. We usually run about 3 days in shop turnaround on repairs.
#3 - one year warranty for defects - either repair or full replacement. Again, we are well known and loved for this in the aircraft market. Also - if something happens out of warranty - your car gets run over by someone in the parking lot for an extreme example - you can get a new replacement for $25.

The basic deal is: We will go out of our way to make you happy/satisfied with our products - period. That has been, and will always remain the primary focus of the company.

Shawn
Old 10-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Micro Novice

sure as hell sounds like it! wow!

could this be my xmax present??

as for batters i was thinking 1100 mah or 1050 kans (both six pack)
Old 10-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Mamba Kitty #1

The kan's are great cells - no issues there at all.

Shawn
Old 10-03-2003, 04:41 PM
can I play?

Hey I know Shawn covered this one, but I had researched alot before going to the BL set-up. You can count on these guys (CC) to back up anything they market, that said, and as I have mentioned before, they like to get involved in any market they are in personally, I have read dozens( actually more) of feedbacks and responses to and from CC, they stand behind what they sell.

And to let you guys know, since their interest in us micro guys you have seen that Shawn has been there to answer our questions and give constructive comments given his vast experience on the subject. From the first day I talked to Shawn about my micro plans and told him about these boards he's been on it. Following up and setting up his own micro(he he). So I don't think you have to think twice about this company, besides the fact that on the first try they put together a Bl controller that has given me the best control over my micro I have ever seen. (video is still on stand by, but I will get one together soon)

About the Batts, Kans, Kans, Kans.....for any micro app. Best batts I have ever tried on this car.

Sorry to put my .02 but Shawn knows how excited I am about this, and most of you know that I try to give you guys the benefit of my ups-and-downs to save you guys some time and money.

He he, can't wait to see what kind of majic you guys will pull out of your sleeves next CC.

havy