YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Micro Master

Ask XRAY

Ask XRAY anything about the new M18.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:13 AM
My first body

Send a message via AIM to AceChad2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AceChad2001
this isnt about the m18, but what is the xray website?

Also this can keep you busy for a long time. If you click the thing that says click you get a prize. E-mail me and I will rewrd you with the prize(the prize is real cheap)
Old 09-20-2003, 10:33 AM

www.teamxray.com

"For Every Action There Is An Equal And Opposite Reaction."
Old 09-20-2003, 10:36 AM
My first body

Send a message via AIM to AceChad2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AceChad2001
did u get ANY of my e-mails?
I sent u 3

Also this can keep you busy for a long time. If you click the thing that says click you get a prize. E-mail me and I will rewrd you with the prize(the prize is real cheap)
Old 09-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Freeze Motha f*ka!

Send a message via Yahoo to richard
i got something you sent me

" I will leave no man behind, dead or alive, we will all come home together"
-Hal Moore
Old 09-22-2003, 07:37 AM
can I play?

does the smaller srup gear mean larger micro pinions wiil be in developement?

havy
Old 09-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by havy
does the smaller srup gear mean larger micro pinions wiil be in developement?

havy
Please note that M18 does not have direct drive as mRS4 (from spur to rear axle) but it uses the internal ratio. You do not have to worry, as the final ratio (that plays the role) will be good enough for any stock, modified and 300 size motors. Hopefully this helps and answers your question.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:48 AM
can I play?

Sorry I overlooked that point, but thanks for clearing that up.

havy
Old 09-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Micro Master

Question Questions about the M18

Here's some questions I have about the M18:

1) Is the expected price really $99 for the kit (no electronics or motor)?

2) I hear that there are 3 mounting options for the motor: left, top, and right. Can more than one motor mount be used at one time to create a dual (or even triple) motor M18?!

3) Is the front and rear width adjustable (like the Micro RS4)

4) Is the wheelbase adjustable?

5) Are the body mounting posts in identical locations as the Micro RS4 stock chassis (i.e. can I use Micro RS4 bodies drilled in the stock chassis locations)?

6) How soon can I get one?!!

Thanks,

Paul
Old 09-22-2003, 02:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Quote:
Originally posted by mario

Please note that M18 does not have direct drive as mRS4 (from spur to rear axle) but it uses the internal ratio. You do not have to worry, as the final ratio (that plays the role) will be good enough for any stock, modified and 300 size motors. Hopefully this helps and answers your question.
Just for our speedfreaks:

The pinions are just as the Micro plastick pieces pushed on the axle ?
If so, will metal pinions be an option ?
If not, is it the most common 48dp tooth, if yes we can use normal 1/10 gears. Maybe then it is a idea to create a 2mm -> 3.2mm steel/aluminium adapter....

How will the chassis perform on bigger motors like 400 or 480, will the torque of the motor flip the chassis on the side ?
Is the transmission tested on such power ?

And the price in Europe. 99 dollar seems very acceptabel but I think over here in Holland (near to the xray factory) the price will be higher, or not ?

Xray was to me a brand only for the top-sport. Is the M18 a devellopment of the beginning of a new national/internatial raceclass and will xray be a part setting it up or is it made for the "fun" and we will see what it becomes ?
Old 09-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Micro Master

Re: Questions about the M18

Quote:
Originally posted by pkh
Here's some questions I have about the M18:

1) Is the expected price really $99 for the kit (no electronics or motor)?

2) I hear that there are 3 mounting options for the motor: left, top, and right. Can more than one motor mount be used at one time to create a dual (or even triple) motor M18?!

3) Is the front and rear width adjustable (like the Micro RS4)

4) Is the wheelbase adjustable?

5) Are the body mounting posts in identical locations as the Micro RS4 stock chassis (i.e. can I use Micro RS4 bodies drilled in the stock chassis locations)?

6) How soon can I get one?!!

Thanks,

Paul

1.) As far I know it is expected street price that was used for the show, the price may little vary, but it should be close all around $100-$115 as per my personal expectation, but I may be wrong at the end. Price for kit only, no electronics, no motor. Wheels, tires, body, set of pinions included.

2.) The motor options will be used for mounting the 300 size motor. The standard holder is adjustable, so any stock and the micro modified motor will fit the stock kit, where the motor will be mounted on the right and 4 or 5 cell pack of batteries will be used at the left of the chassis. The 300 size motor holder will probably be mounted also on the right but having optional chassis with 6 cells on the left. There are no plans to have some motor mount to install several motors at one chassis, no at least in this moment.

3.) The track width is adjustable as the other 1/18 micro cars in the market.

4.) No, the stock kit has only 150mm wheelbase. If the requirement of customers will be to have possibility to change for 140mm as well, it should be no problem for Xray to make it, but the research shows 150mm is a good compromise and the best size for 1/18 cars.

5.) The body posts size is the same, but they are at different positions, so you can not use bodies with already drilled holes and used at other 1/18 cars.

6.) The kit should be available for Xmas season.

Hopefully this answers all your questions, if you will have any further please let me know.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Roelof

Just for our speedfreaks:

The pinions are just as the Micro plastick pieces pushed on the axle ?
If so, will metal pinions be an option ?
If not, is it the most common 48dp tooth, if yes we can use normal 1/10 gears. Maybe then it is a idea to create a 2mm -> 3.2mm steel/aluminium adapter....

How will the chassis perform on bigger motors like 400 or 480, will the torque of the motor flip the chassis on the side ? Is the transmission tested on such power ?

And the price in Europe. 99 dollar seems very acceptabel but I think over here in Holland (near to the xray factory) the price will be higher, or not ?

Xray was to me a brand only for the top-sport. Is the M18 a devellopment of the beginning of a new national/internatial raceclass and will xray be a part setting it up or is it made for the "fun" and we will see what it becomes ?

The pinions are plastic, but as Xray of course strikes the focus on racing design and non-compromise quality, the pinions will of course have set screw for comfortable mounting of the pinions on the motor, so no more problems with stock pinions. Set of optional alu pinions will be available.

Concerning the motor, the standard in the micro racing world wide is stock motor with 4 cell battery pack, micro modified with 5 cell battery pack and 300 size motors with 6 cell batter pack. This may of course vary from country to country or club to club slightly because of no official rules, but this is the average result good enough to know what most customers will install in their car and what they will run for club racing or only for fun racing.
As there are no official rules, you can of course mount twin motors from Emaxx with 50 cells if you will find the way how or even the .21 nitro motor
I am sure you understand what I mean by this. The M18 was designed to fit the most popular and most frequently used motors and batteries. If you want to mount anything else, you are of course free and you have plenty of space and possibilities to play with huge number of possible configurations. The car is designed to bear huge power - get one for you and let us know your modifications for putting the motors you want.

Xray is not placed in Holland but in Slovakia, that is something like 1600km away from Holland, so not that close, but also not that far as to US
Please note the price is only expected orientation price and was price used at the Chicago show and the final price may slightly vary. Also VERY important notice: US prices never include VAT, that is automatically included in the prices in Europe. Therefore even if the price of the car should be €100, you have to add %20 to cover the VAT.

Xray represents only the highest distinguished quality, the most sophisticated and state-of-the-art engineering and design and expression of luxury. M18 was designed and manufactured with all the core philosophy in mind, that's why M18 is not a toy - it is the most sophisticated micro racing machine. From the highest quality smooth flow of all moulded parts, through the highly effective micro differentials, the 16 high speed bearings incorporated in the drive train for maximum efficiency and speed, to the fully independend and adjustable-racign-designed-suspension, you will understand that this is the smallest professional car ever made with focus on the greatest details. One look at the car in your hands is worth more than 1000 words, believe me that you will fully comprehend the thinking of Xray involved, once you will see the car.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:02 AM
can I play?

Are the diff gears alloy? And is the center motor mount available w/ the kit?

havy
Old 09-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Micro Master

Quote:
Originally posted by havy
Are the diff gears alloy? And is the center motor mount available w/ the kit?

havy
The stock diff gears are moulded from very tough composite. The will be optional alu adjustable ball differential and also front one-way. The center motor mount was as far I heard only the prototype and may happen it will never get to production. If it does, it will be option only. The stock motor holder will hold stock and modified motors on the right side of the chassis.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:18 AM
can I play?

Any chances of perswaying you guys to make the CENTER mount?

Will there be a full option version including the above mentioned drive train parts?

havy