YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-27-2004, 12:51 AM

More Q's on Aktion Chassis

I know that somewhere in this forum there most likely contains an answer to some questions I want to ask, but I though this might be easier. I am receiving a used Micro RS4 with a brushed motor, can not remember what type. I think it was a reedy 7 turn? Problem is, I do not have any kind of ESC for it, and I thought that as long as I am making the jump to a expensive ESC, why not buy a brushless system? What do you think, will a Novak SS5800 fit in the small space alotted for it in the chassis?

Also some other questions. Can you list all the wheels that will fit on this chassis? Will AVM's fit? or is there some sort of clearance problem. Will a skyline body fit? I was looking into buying one when I realized it was not on the list of fitting bodies. Thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Micro Masta

Theres a lis of bodies and a FAQ here
http://www.aktionrc.com/
Aftermarket 1 piece wheels do no fit without some custom axle
Again with the same custom axle you might fit the NOVAK
Old 03-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Micro Master

Send a message via AIM to quietfly
Re: More Q's on Aktion Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom
I know that somewhere in this forum there most likely contains an answer to some questions I want to ask, but I though this might be easier. I am receiving a used Micro RS4 with a brushed motor, can not remember what type. I think it was a reedy 7 turn? Problem is, I do not have any kind of ESC for it, and I thought that as long as I am making the jump to a expensive ESC, why not buy a brushless system? What do you think, will a Novak SS5800 fit in the small space alotted for it in the chassis?

Also some other questions. Can you list all the wheels that will fit on this chassis? Will AVM's fit? or is there some sort of clearance problem. Will a skyline body fit? I was looking into buying one when I realized it was not on the list of fitting bodies. Thanks
Currently the novak brushless setup won't work with our kit, The can is just to long to fit. Honestly, i feel there is no real solid reason to go to a brushless set up as the tires will never be able to give you enough usable traction to gain any significant benefit. One piece wheels also will not fit unless you have some very special axles designed. They also add more rotating mass to the system making the shock on the drive train greater, pushing the limits of the system futher and further.
As always it's your kit, so you can go experimenting with what ever you want to, in attempts to achive the perfomance level you want, that's the greatest part about this hobby.

good luck

-Chris
Old 03-29-2004, 03:21 PM

The reason I asked is because I saw a picture of a Novak Brushless at one18th.com in what I believe is an Aktion Chassis. You can see it here:

http://www.one18th.com/forums/attach...021&fullpage=1

I wonder if that is just a teaser pic? I don't know. I realize the power is not exactly usable, But I want enough power to spin the wheels (all 4 of them) to do some crazy drifts. The torque and top speed of Brushless attracts me. Plus there is the remarkable lack of Maintenance. That is the real clincher. I do not like working on motors, I began to despise doing just that when working on miniature-sized tamiya motors.

Also, are people putting TRC rears on the front? If I plan to be drifting a bit, what are the best tires to get? ( I can change for racing) Thanks
Old 03-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Micro Masta

I "spin 4 wheels and do crazy drifts" with only a stock 27 motor and Orion FOAMS all around I have also consider a brushless system but maybe a 480 size
Old 03-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Micro Hybrid Master

I think you will find that a stock 27T can do all that you wish and more. And 27T motors are very maintenance-friendly compared with low-turn mod motors whose brushes need to be replaced often and comms cut after every few runs. Which is one of the reasons that we recommend the stock motor. It's easier on the cells, run times are better, and the motor requires less maintenance.

Now I realize that a brushless motors are nearly maintenance free (or totally, not sure never owned one, maybe you just need to keep it oiled?) but don't be drawn to one simply because of its torqe and power. With the 540 conversion, ANY 540 is almost too much power and torque. But looking at that picture, he was able to fit the Novak SS in there, but judging from the size of the pinion, he's running it on the tall side, and most like can't go much smaller before the end of the can hits the wheel drum. You can see how it's an extremely tight fit. With standard 540 motors, the endbell tapers in at the end, it perfectly coincides with the taper in the wheel drum (lucky for us) so there is no conflict, once you perform the proper routine mods.

Like xDS-i said, if you want to go brushless, there are lots of other motor sizes you can go with besides a 540. And given the capacity of the cells (which no one ever seems to think about), you're better off with a less current-hungry motor, so you get some better run times. remember the Novak was intended to be run with big fat sub C's, 3300's, as are most modified 540 motors, and low-turn ones especially. Stock and mild modified are you're best options. But I would like to see something in the arena of 480 brushless. The chassis would certainly accomodate it just fine.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:19 AM

480 Brushless

Well thanks for your support. Is there a specific 480 brushless motor that anybody would recommend? I mean I would like a sensored motor definetly (doesn't make much of a difference in an E-maxx, but in a micro? cogging?), so that rules out Hacker, and I believe (?) Lehner. I was thinking Aveox, but their system is immensly complex, would anyone like to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Also, this is crunch time, I will be ordering Tires soon, what should I get? I would like long-lasting (yeah right) tires that can withstand a little sliding, and maybe a different set that is better for top speed runs. Ideally the tires would be one spectacular tire, but things don't always work that way. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
I run a Brushed 480 and I can tell you this is also very fast !
Old 03-30-2004, 03:19 PM
OI! BOY

as far as running AVM's, even if you could i wouldn't advise it. you would most likely total them after the first run/ crash. that is a lot of money to just throw away and that is just what you would be doing.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:41 PM

Anybody have a brushless 480 size motor on their minds that would be a good size? I am trying to get all these parts soon, to decide wether or not I am going to go brushless or not, as I need to decide on my ESC. Thanks. Oh plus, what TRC foams would you guys recommend? (What color?) Thanks again
Old 04-05-2004, 10:30 PM

Wow you guys are slow at responding. Anyway, I was thinking about getting a motor from here:

http://www.finedesignrc.com/motors.a...hless%20motors!

I decided that I'm not going to worry about cogging, and I was thinking, those new 2000 mah batteries, they put out 30 amps, right? so I was thinking og getting the 9 turn 1930 model, It's the lightest of the motors there, and it offers 1200 watts @ 30 watts with 2322 RPM per Volt. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that will work well. They have a spec sheet here:

http://www.finedesignrc.com/lehnerspecs.htm

If you guys have any advice at all, it will be greatly appreciated since it looks like my car won't arrive for another 2 weeks =( .
Well anyway, Thanks again.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Micro Novice

Tirez

I went with TRC double purple foams. They were the hardest compound I could find premounted. Also they don't sell donuts in this compound so when they wear out you either throw em away or put magentas on.
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited by BIPOLARZ; 04-14-2011 at 01:23 PM.