YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 AM

Mounting the motor

Was there a specific way to mount the motor? Lets say for example, the negative or the resistors facing down? I remember reading something somewhere, but i cant remember anymore?
Old 03-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
As long as the motor gets in there it should be no prob......theres no specific way to mount the motor.
Spektrumized
Old 03-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
duct tape

Actually im at the same point that microrchoo is in with mounting of the orion big block. I have it sitting in there, grinded down the rear carried a wee bit, but since I have no pinions to test out except for the one that came w/ the micro (plastic) im kind of at a stand still. So I have ordered 2 HPI steel pinions from a hobby shop online. Ordered the 12 and 13 teeth pinions. Should be here in about a week or 2.

Also ordered in some parts for the gf's ride
Old 03-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Just remember that you will need to grind down the pinion shaft of the motor a tad.........keep test fitting the pinion on the shaft and dont forget to put a flat spot on the shaft as well.
Spektrumized
Old 03-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
Just remember that you will need to grind down the pinion shaft of the motor a tad.........keep test fitting the pinion on the shaft and dont forget to put a flat spot on the shaft as well.
AHh yes the lovely "search" button has found many of your wonderful posts about that tip! hehe thanks again however!

I just dropped off the big block motor plate w/ a friend of mine and he is going to see if he can make me one up to use with a graupner motor. He works for a tool and die company and has access to titanium.. lol. I assume the mounting screws holes on the graupner are identical to the mounting holes on the TO BB.

If it works out and he gets it done I will post some pics.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you take the label off the TO motor you will soon see that there the same motor....and all your paying for is the name on the label. So yes they are the same.
Spektrumized
Old 03-12-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Well if you take the label off the TO motor you will soon see that there the same motor....and all your paying for is the name on the label. So yes they are the same.
Ahhh yes ok now I remember seeing a post like that somewhere else.. lol.

The one thing they have the upper hand on, is finding that plate. Too bad they dont offer it separately (or dont offer it separately anymore).

Well if my friend succeeds in making me up one, ill be ordering in a $20 grauper vs the $40 TO motor.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a plan man, just remember if you do plan on getting the Speed 300 that you will have to solder on your caps, wires, and plug of your choosing.
Spektrumized
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a plan man, just remember if you do plan on getting the Speed 300 that you will have to solder on your caps, wires, and plug of your choosing.
Hmmm well I was thinking about running it straight from the esc to motor (futaba mc230cr). I don't have any capacitors to use, nor knew that they were needed with the speed300... lol. I just figured you soldered the wire onto the motor and away you go.

Would you have any pics of your install or others install?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Here ya go buddy, all motors that you buy especially if its a brushed motor uses capacitors, they cut down on motor noise, if you ran your motor now without the caps you will be wondering why it glitches when it goes farther and farther down the road. If you want an easy install then you can buy the caps on a pcb board from Rad. Take a look at the link.....its the second image, http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jmend...otorsmain1.htm

And here's a link on the install and positioning of the caps....i use 103 or 104. http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/h...aps/index.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caps.jpg (82.0 KB, 29 views)
Spektrumized
Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Here ya go buddy, all motors that you buy especially if its a brushed motor uses capacitors, they cut down on motor noise, if you ran your motor now without the caps you will be wondering why it glitches when it goes farther and farther down the road. If you want an easy install then you can buy the caps on a pcb board from Rad. Take a look at the link.....its the second image, http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jmend...otorsmain1.htm

And here's a link on the install and positioning of the caps....i use 103 or 104. http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/h...aps/index.html
Ahhhhhh i see .. much to learn still Thanks again!

btw - I snapped some pics of the car + body,.. thats my new avatar
lol.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Cool i like it man.......very nice indeed.
Spektrumized