YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-30-2005, 10:32 AM

Tips - maintenance

HI GUYS ..

me again ... ...I am new to Micro .. therefore I have million questions ...

any tips that I should be aware of ...... to maintain this Micro .. for example, motor and battery...????
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Maintaining

Motor----You at least want to wipe or brush off the dirt off the motor can and endbell....Check the motor terminals for wear, because sometimes the motor tabs like to break off. Lube the bushings at least every 3 runs, this of course depends how hard you drive the micro. If your using a motor with replaceable brushes, take the brushes off and inspect them...making sure there's no discoloration- replace if needed-.

Chassis---- Wipe off the dust and dirt and check for cracks if your using a CF chassis. - replace if needed -

Drivetrain and bearings---- Its always good to inspect the spur gear or input gear like on the M18....Check the belt for wear and tear and replace if it needs to be. If you have a balldiff, take it apart and clean and lube it so it will always stay smooth....and dont forget to check the diff halves for excessive wear. Its always a good idea to clean all the bearings as well, take a container with a screw top lid and fill it with some motor cleaner and let the bearings soak for a couple of minutes, then shake the bottle every once in awhile to get all the dirt and muck out....you will see a change in the motor cleaners color.....(black)
Spektrumized
Old 09-30-2005, 05:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BLiND
nice tips alfred, I stickied this for newbies in the future

-Intellect 1400mAH packs starting at $16!
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
The one in red locates the front and rear bushings of a motor.....in a rebuildable motor or mod motor you will most likely see bearings instead of bushings....Bushings for example are used on Speed 300 motors by Graupner.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (36.6 KB, 125 views)
Spektrumized
Old 12-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

And the one marked in yellow is where the brushes go.....you can only find this on mod motors and rebuildable motors......You wont find this on Speed 300's or mabuchi motors of this type. And as for the lube, you can use bearing oil.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor 002.jpg (53.9 KB, 105 views)
Spektrumized
Old 12-16-2005, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by alfred
The one in red locates the front and rear bushings of a motor.....in a rebuildable motor or mod motor you will most likely see bearings instead of bushings....Bushings for example are used on Speed 300 motors by Graupner.....

Thanks alot Alfred! But 4 more question, I have the Pro rk370 motor so that means it doesnt have bearings but bushing? For that, do i still use bearing oil for lubrication also? The other question, since my motor is a Pro rk370, then i can ignore the brushes because it doesnt have any? So, all i need to maintenace my pro rk370 is cleaning the dirt/dust off and the bushings only rite?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

You can use bearing oil for the bushings as well.....wont harm the bushings at all.....I love that motor man....nothing like a tuned 300 motor right. You should lube it after 4 or five runs depending how long and how hard you drive the motor...and as for cleaning just wipe the dirt off and make sure your wire leads to the motor terminals are still intact.....
Spektrumized
Old 12-18-2005, 02:14 PM

Alrite, last question, what brand/types of bearing lubrication should i get? Give me a few popular ones that you use. Thanks again for the info.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

I use Trinity Bearing oil......works great.....they go for about 5-8 bones.....
Spektrumized
Old 06-13-2009, 06:53 PM

There are some good tips in here thanks