YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-19-2005, 03:24 AM

Two Brothers

They've actually got a sister and a couple of cousins as well . But, here is my newest toy and his older, and quite larger brother.

The pix with the brick shows the difference in suspension travel. The RC18 has stock shocks as does the MLST. But the RC18 front wheel does not touch the ground, while the MLST wheels does.

Perhaps one of the mod's will make a Mini LST section now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03272.jpg (69.2 KB, 133 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 AM

Ok, this is the brick shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03289.jpg (68.0 KB, 106 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:26 AM

Goofing around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03295.jpg (140.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 AM

Tops off, the layout looks pretty similar. Losi done well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03305.jpg (146.9 KB, 87 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:28 AM

This bottom chassis shot also shows alot of the chassis similarities
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03307.jpg (135.0 KB, 69 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:33 AM

Smoosh!

Got to make sure they don't play too rough

Almost got busted there too. My other half doesn't know about my new purchase just yet . I'll try and slide it in as my Xmas gift.

I've got a few plans for the time being. Trying not to spend $ for now. But, you all know how that goes. I have a 2 cell i'll see if fits. Then i'll be checking to see what other wheel combos I have that will also work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03297.jpg (126.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

Thumbs up Mini LST

Big Kid,

Awesome pics and comparison pics to the 8th scale LST!
How do you rate the Mini-LST and how is the run time with its single battery pack configuration? Done any serious air with it yet?

The reason I ask is that these are not avaialible in the UK until end of November, so all of us "Islanders" are curious.
Secondly my son has seen these and he wants one so bad (so do I!)
Lastly, we will soon create a Mini LST Forum and I will move your Thread over

Thanks for the great photos!
Old 11-19-2005, 06:46 PM

Are the wheel hexes the same size as 1/10th? If so, can you list what the inner diameter of the hub bearings are? I have an idea for a different vehicle.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Nice......So how do you like its overall performance......keep us in the loop man....
Spektrumized
Old 11-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Micro Master

No the hexes are smaller then 1/10 hex. A few fellas have them over at one18th.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:09 AM

Trinity hex adaptors for the RC18
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03379.jpg (102.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 11-21-2005, 07:09 AM

MLST hex hub, outside round edge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03380.jpg (104.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 11-21-2005, 07:36 AM

.MLST hex hub, innner hex portion.

I'll get those bearing dimmensions. Sorry, I thought you asked for the hex hubs

I couldn't find anything in my wheel and tire stock that will work directly with my MLST . There are some that come close, but would require some mod's which i'm not ready to do right now. I tried those Trinity hex adaptors, HPI Super Nitro wheels and 10th scale buggy wheels. I had measured up the 10th scale truck wheels at a LHS, but thats too wide as well.

Battery life is so-so, but not terrible. The stock Rc18 batt went longer. Low end is better than the RC18. Top end maybe a little less, but not by much. With a gearing change, this will help top end. The motors, batt or ESC didn't get too hot. I could hold my hand on them after a run, and it wasn't hot enough where I had to take my hand off. I'll try and remember to bring out my temp gun next time . But, nothing too bad to worry about yet

This thing just plows thru most stuff with ease. It's not BL fast as is, but it shoud have the possibilty to be . It's held together without breaking anything, but I haven't crashed (crossing fingers since there are NO parts yet) and only flipped twice. I rolled it thru a high speed turn on the street and went off a curb wrong coming out of a jump.

Speaking of jumps, it does them pretty flat. The nose gets up a little more than the rear, but lands fairly well. I didn't get too much air time, but I don't remember having to correct the trucks "levelness" thru the air. I know I had questions about this before I got it. With most of the electronics centered close to the rear, the thought was it'll go up nose high every time. But, this isn't so

There are only 2 issue's with my truck so far, and i'm hoping to keep it that way . The ball cups popped off a few times. I might try the "squeze" trick with them. Turnbuckles will deffinately be high on my hop-up list. Then I noticed 2 of the 4 plastic hex hubs are deformed. Both are out back, so i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? I really haven't noticed any extra slop with them yet, but further running may? Plus 3 out of 4 axel pins are NOT straight . This one's a little more urking, since I didn't run it too herd yet. I noticed the deformed hex hubs BEFORE running it. And those pin's are only thru 3 not-full-run packs. Well, hopefully there will be metal/aluminum hex hubs. These stock plastic one's look a little flimsy. I've had axel pins bend before, but after a long time or herd running.

I wonder how receptive Rich at the MLST thread will be? He's been very helpfull and so far nice. I hope it lasts. I guess we're spoiled by how professinal TPhalen is over in the AE section . I also wonder how Losi will be with their customer service? Has anyone else had expeirences with them before? I haven't. I'm not looking for free parts, just good, customer service. But, the hex hubs did arrive in my truck already warped.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03381.jpg (99.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 11-21-2005, 07:42 AM

Sorry the top post was so long . Didn't realize I rambled so much . But another bright spot are the brakes and steering.

The brakes work well I am happy to report. They bring the truck to a nice halt in a short amount of time. There is a slight "lean" to the left when coming to a full stop, but I think this is due to some kind of indifference in the stock, suspension set-up. After I check out all of the settings and re-do them to my likeing, it should go away.

Steering is a deffinate attribute . On-power steering gets high marks, and this is with the EPA at half. No problems in this area on or off road. And off power steering is sharp and spot on. Those 2 servos are holding up nicely. The stock saver set-up look s like to me, the Mini-T spring type.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
It seems to me that your enjoying it so much man.....i really cant wait to get mine.....looks to be an awesome addition to my micro collection.....And thanks for the performance tests man.....So for all the other members here is the MLST worth getting.
Spektrumized