YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-09-2007, 12:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Project: T100(R)

Aloha! E-Rock coming to you again from the beautiful island of Hawaii. Pay day came and so I spent some money on some various parts. I've already posted the T100 replacement body, but I'm going to start this new one for my next project. I'll be taking one of my Pro-Pulse T100's and turning it into a street machine. (I'll work on my "Monster" T100 at a later date!) I've already started my project, and it's turning out pretty good. I'm still at work, but I'll try to put up some pics when I get home. Be sure to check back from time to time for updated pics and info. Until then... "A Hui Hou!" (Hawaiian for "See You Later!") LOL
Old 09-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Here are some pictures of the first phase of "Project: T100(R)" due to budget limitations. The second phase should come very soon!

These are just some of the parts used in the first phase.

This is the Pro-Pulse Pro-T100 that I will be working on.

Under the lid shot of the project recipiant.

Changed out the stock Shocks for the Aluminum Shocks, removed the Upper Tray Brace and Gear Box Covers (with Shock Towers) so that I could drop in the Team Associated Diffs & Outdrives (still using the stock Bearings) with Factory Team Outdrive Sleeves & Dogbones. Also droped in the Team Associated Main Drive Shaft, Spur Gear & Input Gear (again still using the stock Bearings). If you look carefully, you'll also notice that I've already removed the Rear Stub Axles and replaced them with the Team Associated RC18R Stub Axles & Wheels. (You can't see them, but I've replaced the 3MM Locknuts with Team Factory Blue Aluminum ones.)

Re-installed the Gear Box Covers & Shock Towers.

Re-installed the Upper Tray Brace, and replaced the old Linkage with the Titanium Turnbuckles. Also removed the Front Stub Axles and replaced them with the Team Associated RC18R Stub Axles & Wheels. (Again, I've replaced the 3MM Locknuts with Team Factory Blue Aluminum ones.)

Dropped the stock Lid on it (just for old times sake).

If you've visited my previous post "Truck Body Top Kit 60-9519" then you would have seen my replacement lid, so you know I couldn't just keep the stock Lid on it!

Well, that's it for right now!!! I'll be back with more pics, and also the second phase of "Project: T100(R)"
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to ppbbashin Send a message via MSN to ppbbashin
were did you get all of the parts excludings wheels and shocks

ppb100
ae shocks
ae diffs
ae wheels and tires
ae digbones
sreaded gears
worn-out tires
2 motors
stock servo barily hangin on

xmods sold for 31 bucks not much
Old 09-09-2007, 04:17 PM

I got them from Hobbietat, which is a local hobby shop here in Hawaii. You should be able to pick them up at any local hobby shops in your area. If not, you could visit any online stores (ie. Tower Hobbies, The Toyz, etc.) and order them there. These parts are widely available, and they cost far cheaper than any parts that you'd pick up from Radio Shack!
Old 09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Looking good man, so when are you going to solder up some deans on the esc and battery........
Spektrumized
Old 09-09-2007, 06:20 PM

I actually was about to do that, but I think I'll put that off for now. I'll be dropping in a Mamba, so that's the hold up. (oops, did I just give away what I'll be doing in phase two!? LOL ) I've already got a Mamba 8000 in my Team Associated RC18MT, and it is ridiculous fast! LOL
Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Its just that the plug must have a lot of resistance especially with the packs were using nowadays.
Spektrumized
Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Yeah, I know... maybe I'll do it? We'll just have to wait and see! If I can get Tuesday off, I'll see if I can make it down to my local hobby shop to pick up some Deans Ultra plugs.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

your setup will look a lot better with the plugs on.......
Spektrumized
Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Hey, Love you work, can you possibly show me your setup without a tire. Trying to figure out how you converted from the pin setup from megatech to the hex for AE
Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoosmart View Post
Hey, Love you work, can you possibly show me your setup without a tire. Trying to figure out how you converted from the pin setup from megatech to the hex for AE
I actually didn't have to do a conversion. The AE has got the exact same pin setup as the Megatech/Pro-Pulse set up. Here's a picture without the tire on.

*BUT*...
If you want to run 1/10th touring wheels, then you will have to get hex wheel adapters. I'll even show you this simple process!
Here's my "Monster T100" with 1/10th touring wheels.

Here's a close up of the 1/10th wheel on my "Monster T100"

Here's a close up with the wheel removed. You can now see the wheel adapter that I used.

And here's a close up with the wheel adapter removed as well. See the same pin setup.

There are many different brands of wheel adapters out there. But just to show you what I've bought, I've got the Trinity TC Wheel Adapters. (I just so happened to have an extra set that I've purchased!)

I hope that these pictures helped you out and answered your questions. Time to get back outside and bash some more!!! LOL
Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Those pictures helped alot. They confirmed the design i wanted to use. Im thinking of manufacturing my own of aluminum or possibly carbon fiber. Will let you know when i figure it out. Still in design process. Friend and I went to hobby show today and saw the wheels we wanted which were 1/10 scale and the hex was the setup. Thanks again.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:02 AM

Bloody Bastard inspired me to put up these pictures! It's pics of my "Monster T100" and my "Project: T100(R)" in a group photo. Enjoy!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 AM

Here are some solo shots of "Project: T100(R)"

I hope that pictures like these from Bloody Bastard and myself inspire other Pro-Pulse owners to get creative. I would love to see other proud Pro-Pulse owners post their own rides.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:13 AM

i like it and i might buy a new pp just to do that...but.... get a better body