YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 AM

Danz's micro

Hi pplz, I've got some questions for you guys with a setup im wanting to do.

Mrs4, Castle creations 8800kv + ESC, 2 x 3cell lipos, spektrum micro reciever.

Ok so now with the questions.... I noticed its really hard to fit a 3 cell lipo pack in the micro because of the belt (trying to fit inbetween) so I decided I would get 2 smaller packs and put them together (parrallel with the chasis, on the sides), resulting in 11.1volts and higher amperage. This will create more weight which i dont mind that much, cause its the only reasonable way to really do it, and the Centre of gravity will be higher cause the batteries will need to stand up on their sides (standing on its width side). So I've come across a few batteries at www.all-battery.com, unfortunately i cant fit the 100mm ones, well it would be incredibly close if i do, if the wheels morph at high speeds itll rub on the pack.

I'm needing the amperage to be 25amps continuous and 50amps peak. One of my questions is, will it be bad if I go over the continuous rating? It seems that if I don't I can't achieve the peak rating.... So is it going to stuff my esc if I go over or not?

My other question was I can go with ethier a higher C rating, or a higher MAH rating. They both have the ability to produce the amperage I need, but will the one with a higher C rating run out of 'go' faster (less runtime)? But the one with a better C rating will charge faster, so which one is better to go with? Will it pretty much breakeven with runtime and chargetime, like if say I was driving them for 2 hours, will I get back my less run time with the quick recharge?

Hope you guys can give me some answers so I can finally finish off my micro

Cheers
~Danz
Old 04-17-2007, 01:59 AM

man this forum isnt very active, much like my own....

Mabye no one likes me!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Sorry man but i would give you an answer but i have no clue about lipos.
Spektrumized
Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm just gonna go ahead with it, larger MAH rating and over the peak rating, its a regulated amperage cause it's batteries, so I'm guessing it'll be fine....

Now the problem is fitting the batteries on, I just found out that the mini servo mounting plate sticks out in the way, damn why didn't I put it on first.... well at least I didn't buy the lipos yet....

~Danz
Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 AM

Ok I've gone through all the batteries and these are the only one that'll fit:

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=977
x2 = 2200mah, 15C, 44amp peak, 194grams $77.90

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=966
x2 = 2000mah, 20C, 50amp peak, 192grams $91.9

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=964
x4 = 3200mah, 10C, 48amp peak, 264grams $79.00

Sooooooo, what do you reckon guys? (Alfred) lol :P

~Danz
Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Dont know why your asking me buddy...lol...but i guess i would chose the one in the last link, out of all the rest it has more mah which would give you longer runtimes.
Spektrumized
Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM

lol cause your the only one replying to my posts.... and I'm better off asking 1 persons opinion.... hey I was thinking as I woke up this morning though.... don't you need a charger for each pack? or each cell? cause they need to match the charging rate or something.... and if I have 4 packs with 3 cells, thats 12 cells to charge at once, no?

Thats probably a question you can't answer :P

SO SOMEONE ELSE READ MY POST DAMNIT!

:P
Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM

those are some pretty expensive lipos. Can't you just take out the belt and go 2wd? than you can lay the lipos across the chassis. Also, if you're going for speed, i believe 2 wd would be better. One more thing, do you think the mrs4's drivetrain can handle all that power?

edit: excuse me for being off topic; but alfred, is your avatar from a movie?
________
drugtest

Last edited by vzereeys; 01-21-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:06 PM

errrrr i hope it can take all the power :P and like i said in my other post, I want the car mostly for zipping around, im not after a really high speed, but I want to be capable to do really high speeds

Thank you very much for the reply :P

Was a good idea with just making it a rwd, didnt even think of that.... but ive tried it once, and the car just spins out unless your not a lead foot. I think cause these are so small (and light) its pretty much impossible to drift them, or mabye its just cause i had crap tires on....

~Danz
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

edit: excuse me for being off topic; but alfred, is your avatar from a movie?

I got it from an avatar site......i lost all my links when i had to re-download aol, in a different screen name. And yes you will need a lipo charger to charge the lipos.
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 04-25-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:50 AM

So will I need multiple chargers?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

One charger should be fine with the lipo's.......just make sure it will handle the cell count.......
Spektrumized
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 PM

hey I came across this, would it be a good solution for doubling up?

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...58107248408.41
they dont give much info on their stuff at integy, but 20 x 1.5 = 30amps x 2 = 60amps, thats more than enough, plus its fast at charging, and has a storage of 3000mah.
$36.74 x 2 = $73.48

Thats pretty good, I don't think it'll be as heavy as getting 4 packs ethier.

I'm looking at getting some nimh batteries for my mate and my brother, they just want cheap, long lasting ones. One is running a stock setup, my bro is running a novak + some motor.... (pretty powerful one actually) so the plan is 2 x 8.4volt packs and 2 x 7.2volt packs, thats a total of 26cells. I've looked at a few products, but I don't understand why certain ones cost more, obviously its got to do with matching them and stuff, but what do all the different terminologys mean? If you want, just give me a link to it all and I can read it, but its hard to find the info when everyone is expected to already know it.

~Danz
Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Another thing you might want to check is will the battery fit the dimensions for your application......seems to be a good batt though......now as for the nimh cells, you have matched where each cell is close to another cells voltage discharge and charge rate.....then you have cells that are voltage enhanced as well and you can also call them matched cells. One thing for joining the boards is to get info and the knowledge from other members......i sure dont expect myself to know everything so i dont expect you too as well.
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 05-03-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 AM

Wait, alfred, you don't know what that is from? Chris "Christmas" Rodriguez

Vote for him to replace Santa!