YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 09-23-2007, 05:45 PM

No Stone Unturned..

..Bashfest at the Rock Lot

As promised I took Red and Black to what amounts to the worse pebble strewn lot imaginable to bash on..

Old 09-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Old 09-23-2007, 05:46 PM

The results of today's bashfest brought a lot to bear regarding the need to add the shroud to 'Black' and the necessity of longer shocks for 'Red'.

Both trucks lasted a pack and a half before the 'screwless' design began to feel the worse for wear. Bashing just a bit too hard began jarring loose the shroud on Red and the sheild on Black. I am sure a lot also had to do with the fact that I was running on ground with an innordinate amount of stones. Cleaner surface conditions and less flipping and rolling might have allowed the session to continue to a third pack for each truck.

Conclusion:
When bashing this hard and in extreme conditions, a method of sealing the shroud to hold it in place is a must. Otherwise it worked rather well.
I had no breakages on either truck. They are both intact with the exception of having to clean out the spur gears from the sheilds coming loose.

Nonetheless, it was a Bloody Blast!

cheers

Last edited by BloodyBastard; 09-24-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Awesome action pics! I love to see these rides getting bashed. I'm glad to see that "Red" and "Black" survived what you had to offer them! Where'd you take the pictures at? Kinda looks like you're at some beach in California. Well, I also would like to say "good job!" Keep on bashing!!!

Aloha!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
Awesome action pics! I love to see these rides getting bashed. I'm glad to see that "Red" and "Black" survived what you had to offer them! Where'd you take the pictures at? Kinda looks like you're at some beach in California. Well, I also would like to say "good job!" Keep on bashing!!!

Aloha!
Thanks Erock, I had blast as always. I couldn't be more pleased with how well they are taking it.

And good call, you are right about the location. The only things between that lot and the sand on the beach are Pacific Coast Hwy and a single track rail line used by BNSF and Amtrak. Another great day in SoCal.

cheers mate
Old 09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
it looks like someone had tons of fun today, im glad the shroud worked.....so how do you plan on keeping it one.
Spektrumized
Old 09-23-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred View Post
it looks like someone had tons of fun today, im glad the shroud worked.....so how do you plan on keeping it on.
Still putting thought to it. Anything that would be sticky, such as tape would obviously have to be replaced when removed for each battery change/cleaning. Velcro (which is what actually holds on the Half-Eight's shroud) could be shoo gooed on and might possibly be the answer. Going to run by a craft shop this week and see if I can source some that would be thin enough.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Have you tried Wal-Mart, i know that they have a small craft center in there....that or an auto parts store.
Spektrumized
Old 09-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Erock 808
Here's a simple and cheap idea. If you don't mind the looks of it, you could use velcro "straps" as opposed to having to find thin velcro and shoe gooing the velcro to the shroud and chassis.

Put your shroud on as normal, than strap it down (going completely around the shroud and chassis) with the velcro. (If you surf, then you should know what kind of strap I'm talking about. It's the strap that you put around your ankle to leash up to your board) I gotta get me some velcro straps for my RC18MT to hold in my Li-Po Battery. Right now I'm just using rubberbands. If you don't want to use the velcro straps, you can do the cheap rubberband way as well! LOL

*if you go back to my "Project:T100(R) thread, I put up those pictures of my RC18MT with the rubberbands.
http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/show...t=19876&page=3
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock 808 View Post
Here's a simple and cheap idea. If you don't mind the looks of it, you could use velcro "straps" as opposed to having to find thin velcro and shoe gooing the velcro to the shroud and chassis.

Put your shroud on as normal, than strap it down (going completely around the shroud and chassis) with the velcro. (If you surf, then you should know what kind of strap I'm talking about. It's the strap that you put around your ankle to leash up to your board) I gotta get me some velcro straps for my RC18MT to hold in my Li-Po Battery. Right now I'm just using rubberbands. If you don't want to use the velcro straps, you can do the cheap rubberband way as well! LOL

*if you go back to my "Project:T100(R) thread, I put up those pictures of my RC18MT with the rubberbands.
http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/show...t=19876&page=3

Actually the other end of my leash has a thinner velcro strap so that it can be removed easily and attached to whichever board I want to use that day.
Nonetheless, that is another quick solution to consider.

@ Alfred: Used to be a Wally World nearby, they shut it down and now it's a Sears. There's a craft shop not far me that I frequent that should have what I am thinking of.

Last edited by BloodyBastard; 09-23-2007 at 09:22 PM.