YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 PM

pro pulse review

this is my take on radioshacks pro-pulse T100. It is awsome. I got it, took it home, assembled the antenna. the battery was charging for about 10 minutes and i had to see this thing in action. so i got about 1 minute of use. i hit the throttle on the table and all the stuff that was included was everywere. This thing has torque. it is supper fast. suspension seems to be good, actually it seems to rock.. the only thing i dont like is the body is flimsy. the truck just looks awsome with the body off. This is my first kind of big rc truck, i was coming off of X-mods. I will update this as soon as i get more time under my belt.

Edit 1. This thing rockssss. I took it out this morning and it just went fast but it got to its top speed in 1 millisecond. It can get you into trouble fast. If your in dirt it will shoot it out from al four wheels everywhere. In grass is does good but the turning kind of sucks. I only have a little patch of dirt surrounded by grass and it seemed to like the dirt better than the grass. On the road it is awsome and then again there is on small thing that is annoying. onroad it goes so fast it seems twice as fast onroad than offroad. The only bad thing is it lacks traction which is fun but if you want to race on road you need to get better tires. I fell megatech got it right with the trucks included tires. Another thing that could be better is the electronics are out there under the body they could get damaged easily. Also how to you to the diff to tighten it. And could someone please tell me how to get those little nut type thinks holding on the suspension and other component. What size wrench will i need or is there another way to get them off. can you pop the shock off its rotating point or will that ruin it.

Edit 2. This thing still rocks. i did have one breakage problem. The front right shock blewout or malfunctioned. I was so mad. But me and my mom took it back and the guy replaced it without seeing my reciept. He also knew what he was doing which was nice.
I think it happened while I was jumping it. It does jump good though. you dont have to start that far off from the ramp. Again this thing has torque. I think the shock blew or did what wver it did because it was at the stiffest level using specers. Now I have it loose. is that good for jumping. Thanks for reading.

Edit 3. Well i broke anoter piece. im not that mad because it was my fault. I broke the front bumper. What sucks is I cant get one for like a month. I tryed the super glue it back to geter but no go. My dad says he wont get me any replacement parts or upgrades until november!!!!!!!!! It ok though I have some cusion like stuff that i might use to protecht my shocks. and if that doesnt work I might do some work for my mom. What do you suggest.

Edit 4. I want to know if the oil in the oil filled shock make the ride smoother or if they actually make the suspension firmer or softer. Because it almost seems as if there is no oil in my trucks oil filled shocks. I take the spring up and the suspension arm up while its upside down and the shcok is fully prssed and it does not press it back at all. just wandering.

Edit 5. Thing thing is still awsome. I half charged the battery( yes i know thats bad). The things just gets better and better. I think my shocks are worn in and it handles like a dream in tall uneven grass. I would recomend keeping the suspension stock at first because it seems to be good. I might movethe shock to the different screw hole to make it more stiff. Still an awsome buy. I also took the back bummper and put it where the front was. It looks better, and to my eyes it protects better to.

Edit 6. this morning I took it out for another run and I think it is even faster. I thinks it because the battery is being cycled. Today ijumped ist and it landed on its front and for some reason it wouldnt turn so i took it inside and took off the body and then it worked. I put it back on and it ran fine.

Edit 7. Today I had a crazy idea to put HUGE tires on my propulse. I took them off my crapy 1/10th rc car. Ithe whole wheels of the propulse fit right into it. I took it outside and on the street it went really fast. but all the big tires where off by alot and bouncing around. The acceleration was bad but not undo able. Then I tried to turn and the one wheel came off. then I took of the big wheels to do some bashing. And everytime i go out side It seems to go faster.

Last edited by Jeffrey112; 06-09-2007 at 03:32 AM. Reason: had to add on
Old 06-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Nice little review, now post some pics when you get the chance.
Spektrumized
Old 06-06-2007, 12:03 PM

^
^

Nice review, i am equally happy with my propulse truck

i must say, it is necessary to change over to the oil shocks, street tires becasue i race around the street, also i have changed the motor over to the high speeed one and it works great, also i got the better battery which seems good to have to, so you can just have 2 charged when you are ready to play, 1 bat is just not enough time...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
That or you can get a peak charger from your lhs so you dont have to wait at all. And if you also plan to save yourself some money get rechargeables for the radio as well.
Spektrumized
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 PM

Great review. I seen those at radioshack too. They seems pretty cool and well designed. The ProPulse chassis look almost just like the RC18t. But the only thing I don't like about it is the body, they look too cheap. I was planning to get one too but I'll see.