YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 02-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Micro Novice

So the wheels, arms, front and rear hubs, etc all work from the inferno?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally posted by Mondo
[b]Schumacher's new offering doesn't quite fall into the "Micro" class at 16th scale..
In my opinon, it appears to be more of a marketing thing that an actual standard. For that matter the Kyosho Mini-Z is 1/28 and the Losi Mini-T is 1/18th while the Xray M18 is also a 1/18th and considered a Micro. If you also compare the length provided by Tower for the Vendetta, it is the same as the length shown by Kyosho regarding the Mini-Inferno--which I pointed out to those apparently teching at the upcoming 1/18th scale Nats. And of course, the CEN Mini-Madness is gigantic compared to any of the other Minis and is allowed to run with the 4WD.
Gallery TNB - Cars/Tanks: Gas/Oil Mix (1/4 & 1/5), Nitro (1/8x3, 1/10x2, 1/16), and Electric (1/10x2, 1/12, 1/16x2, 1/18x6, 1/20, 1/24x3, 1/28x40, etc.)(brushed and brushless)(AON Beta Tester)); Boats: Gas/Oil Mix (1/8) & Electric (1/25, 1/90); and a Micro Heli (Electric). Transmitters: Nomadio Sensor, Futaba T3PK with Spektrum, JR XS3, Etc. Tracks: Large Ls, Wide Ovals, Mini-Tile, & Off-Road RCP Tracks. My Model Specifics & More Photos
Old 02-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Micro Novice

Hi all, found this forum after ordering NB16s for the shop (+1 for me) They look awesome, already ordered hop ups for it!

I was wondering if anyone knows where the Vulcan SE pipe and 2 speed can be orderered from - other than IRC, the postage rates seem a bit steep.

Just to let any Americans know if you are struggling to get one, we can ship worldwide, give us a call or order on line - postage will be billed seperately at cost. Not trying to sell really just seems a shame for ppl not to get them when they could do.

Pete

Last edited by BoltonModelMart; 02-12-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Micrologist/Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob
1. What is the best fuel for running in ?
I ran mine and all my Nitros in on at least 25%. Just stick with a goods brand like Byrons, ODonnel, Blue Thunder etc..
Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob
2. Am i right in thinking that the main needle valve is the one that sticks out of the body, and the idle adjuster is in the end of the carb' slide ?
The High Speed Needle adjust is the verticaly mounted screw on the carb with the fuel nipple beneath it.
Clockwise = leaner (hotter)
Anti/Counter clockwise = richer (cooler)

The Low Speed Needle is situated in the center of the alloy assembly that the throttle link is attached to.
You shouldn't need to adjust this during initial break in

Lastly the idle ajust sits at the bottom of the slider at an angle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob 3.Are the majority of the hop up parts for a mini inferno a straight fit ?
Most parts are, however I had some clearance issues on the alloy steering linkage bar and the NB16's front bulkhead. I resovled it using spacers although this a temporary fix.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob 4.Will Mini Infreno Wheels fit ?
Yes, as will some 10th scale touring car wheels if you use Hex Adapters. The Mini Inferno hex adapters do not work, you will need longer ones. I use CAW RC18T hexes

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob 5.Best place to buy spares / hop ups ?
In the US try Internet-RC

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob 6.Has anybody replaced the servos with HS55 's they look very similar in size ?
They are similar size. I replaced my steering servo with an HS81MG, this can be seen on Page 3 of this Thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshow Bob Cheers for the info already posted . It convinced me to buy one
Pleasure. Enjoy the NB16 and keep us up to date :¬)
Old 02-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Micro Novice

thanks for that mondo...

glad you pointed out that the mini inferno hex set dont fit.

do you happen to know if the mini inferno wheel and tyre sets fit, also what is the standard hex size.....

i know if i waited till tommorow i could take a look, but I am well excted by them, tbh honest nothing in the last few years has got me going like this!

Pete
Old 02-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Micrologist/Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BoltonModelMart
Hi all, found this forum after ordering NB16s for the shop (+1 for me) They look awesome, already ordered hop ups for it!

I was wondering if anyone knows where the Vulcan SE pipe and 2 speed can be orderered from - other than IRC, the postage rates seem a bit steep.
Internet RC are expensive, period. Their Vulcan costs over $100 more than the genuine Acme it's based on.
I am also looking for an alloy exhaust as the standard unit is crap.
Contact has been made with Omar at Nitrotek, the UK distributor regarding the alloy pipe. He said they if they get "enough interest", he may order some in the future.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Micro Novice

will give him a bell tommorow and get on his case.. did he mention the 2 speeds at all?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to acsubie
man...cold weather go away..MUST FINISH breaking in my NB..just to cold right now!!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Micrologist/Moderator

Quote:
will give him a bell tommorow and get on his case.. did he mention the 2 speeds at all?
On Nitrotek's price list: 30850 Two speed complete 1 set £12.99 Bargain at £13
Old 02-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Micro Novice

Thankyou ;-)

Pete
Old 02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Micro Novice

Quote:

Just to let any Americans know if you are struggling to get one, we can ship worldwide, give us a call or order on line - postage will be billed seperately at cost. Not trying to sell really just seems a shame for ppl not to get them when they could do.

Pete
Pete,

Checked your site out and tried to register but it does not list US for the country cause I'm trying to get an idea on how much shipping to the US is for the NB16.

Thank You,
Old 02-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Micro Novice

Email sent supra man ;-)

Pete
Old 02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Pet Human

So what is the shipping cost?

Buggy price shown on website...
136 British Pounds
237.374 USD
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
Gallery TNB - Cars/Tanks: Gas/Oil Mix (1/4 & 1/5), Nitro (1/8x3, 1/10x2, 1/16), and Electric (1/10x2, 1/12, 1/16x2, 1/18x6, 1/20, 1/24x3, 1/28x40, etc.)(brushed and brushless)(AON Beta Tester)); Boats: Gas/Oil Mix (1/8) & Electric (1/25, 1/90); and a Micro Heli (Electric). Transmitters: Nomadio Sensor, Futaba T3PK with Spektrum, JR XS3, Etc. Tracks: Large Ls, Wide Ovals, Mini-Tile, & Off-Road RCP Tracks. My Model Specifics & More Photos
Old 02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Micro Novice

Roughly $20, certainly if its is more than $25 we would pick up the extra.

Pete
Old 02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Pet Human

So $237.37 USD + $20 USD = $257.37.

Not a lot of difference from IRC if you were to ship one to the US. Local support here appears to be good so far as well as direct support from IRC--I write that since they are sending me a new front and rear manifold. Whether it is the stock one or the alloy one, I won't know until it arrives which should be early this week.