YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > Losi Mini-T > Mini-T Batteries

Old 01-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Micro Master

raider micro modified or team orion baja?

Hi i am thinking about buying a mini t over an rc18t just because i cant find any hop ups for it here in the uk. i was just wondering what will power the mini t to the fastest top speed a.... raider micro modified or a team orion baja or does anyone have any other ideas of what motor will be faster (no modification). must be available in the uk!
Thanks.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

Motor choices

Tom.w

As a UK RC enthusiast I see where you're coming from regarding your choice of a Mini-T
In my opinion the RC18T is a superior kit right out of the box.
Bear in mind that the Mini-T & RC18T share a lot of hop ups and I don't just mean motors and electronics.

The Baja is a good choice, it's a bearing motor, so it should offer good performance and a decent motor life too

I still recommend a good old fashioned BB300 type motor, they have plenty of grunt. Most BB300s are generic, hence the manufacturers label them.
For the same price as a BB300, you can get yourself the URC Krystal-3 tuned 300 motor in the UK.
From experience I can tell you that this does outperform any standard 300 type motor.
You can get the Krystal-3 motor at RC Direct

Alternatively you can go with the Orion Elite Modified "Coreless" motor, it comes at a cost, has tons of torque, offers very good run times, speed and sounds awesome.
Ensure you get the second generation that has wires into the motor endbell opposed to tabs. This Thread reveals all

Personally I do most of my purchasing from the U.S.A.
I refuse point blank to deal with the UK hobby retailers due to their criminaly insane pricing.
I quote by example. An RC18T costs US$150 + $15.00 for shipping to the UK when it's repacked into a smaller box. This is via USPS EMS.
Mine took 6 days to arrive from date of oder.
That came to a total of US$165.00 or UKŁ88.25
The same kit retails for UKŁ150.00 or US$280.55 if you collect it.
What value do the UK retails or distributors add to justify a Ł62 (US$116) price hike over what our fellow U.S. enthusiasts pay?
Nothing at all.....

I have purchased from the following U.S. resellers and I have nothing but praise for the price and service I've received.

BLiND batteries United RC Micro RC Shop

I have also purchased from YourMicro Members via the Micro Market Forum
With the exception of 1 youngster, I can only say it was a pleasure doing business with our Members too.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Micro Master

cheers mondo, i think ill go for the Krystal-3 motor.... thanks for the help!
--Just read the other thread does the krystal 3 motor come with tabs or wires? and......so you are saying that the krystal3 is the fastest motor i can put in the mini t or rc 18t?

Last edited by tom.w; 01-15-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Micro Master

I quote by example. An RC18T costs US$150 + $15.00 for shipping to the UK when it's repacked into a smaller box. This is via USPS EMS. where is this from i think i may buy one from there. thanks
Old 01-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Hitokiri Battousai

Send a message via AIM to rcdriver Send a message via Yahoo to rcdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by tom.w
I quote by example. An RC18T costs US$150 + $15.00 for shipping to the UK when it's repacked into a smaller box. This is via USPS EMS. where is this from i think i may buy one from there. thanks
You can also get a RC18T for 135 bucks at Towerhobbies.com. They have a special now where they will take 25 off your order over 150. Sweet Deal.

But I dunno what the shipping is to the UK.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Micrologist/Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdriver
You can also get a RC18T for 135 bucks at Towerhobbies.com. But I dunno what the shipping is to the UK.
That equals UKŁ72.15 Bargain! Under half the price of what the UK hobby retailers charge!

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdriver
But I dunno what the shipping is to the UK.
I got mine repacked and shipped with some cells and a Mini-Quake in the same box.
To be honest, this was done as a favour by one of the YM Members, so I don't know if Tower on any other LHS would be prepared to repackage a Micro RC car into a smaller box.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:10 AM
Micro Master

Will the crystal3's life be shortened dramaticly
(i am a noob so.....) if i buy this... http://www.teamassociated.com/enlarge/616.htm and how much will i be able to feel the difference in overall power and runtimes.
Thanks.
also.... what battery charger would you reccomend for it.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:21 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

Batteries

No, the motor life will not be shortened, that's a vanilla 7.2V 1100mAh NiMh battery pack.

The better the batteries are, the better the perfomance will be. Runtimes are affected by gearing and use. On my Brushless M18 I get about 8-10 minutes with the motor timing cranked right up.
I use URC X23 matched cells, I haven't tried them with a brushed motor yet. They're dedicated to the M18

On Tyler's (my son) BB300 Micro using a 7.2V 1100mAh Orion pack with the K3, he gets approximately 15 minutes runtime with decent performace and punch to match. This is with a 13T pinion.

As for charging, nothing beats intelligent peak chargers, however the top models can come with a hefty price tag!
I always believe you buy the best charger you can afford. For convenience you'd want one that uses mains power (220V in the UK)
I suggest doing a search in the Micro Electronics Forum.
Chargers and charging have been dicussed at great length in many Threads.