YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 01-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4 stroken ron
Well that sounds good. I can't wait for my tires to get here. They didn't come today, no mail Monday, Tuesday I hope, have a race Tuesday night.
These are the tires I ordered.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXCMC8
Hope they work. Why is a tire truer needed? Won't these tires be true when I get them?
Put the Spektrum Rx in the Vendetta last night. So all I need are tires and the 13 tooth. I also ordered some green springs too. I think it might help to stiffen it up a little for the carpet track.
Ron
Old 01-13-2007, 01:30 PM

They will be pretty true when you get them. The biggest part of the truing it to cut them down to the size you want. I plan on cutting mine down to the stock size or smaller the get a lower stance on the track.

Stew
Old 01-15-2007, 04:54 PM

My 1/10 touring car wheels/tires got here today. They fit perfect. Just like everyone said they would. They are a little bigger in diameter so I put the 13 tooth pinion in. I hope it will compensate. The stock tires are 58mm and the touring car are 62mm
I am ready for the carpet.
Thanks
everyone
Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DETTA_002.JPG (56.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DETTA_003.JPG (58.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to m18_racer Send a message via Yahoo to m18_racer
wow is that sexy... may i ask tho,, did it come stock with those alluminum shock mounts and tower? this looks really good... once i start selling my chassis and get money i will def. be getting one, my prototype is taking longer than i thought ive gone thru alot of protos but am starting to catch on to something.. the hardest thing is the bulkhead near the front. but ya back to the detta i want to see a vid on this thing~~~
mrs4
Old 01-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Right out of the box. The only things I have changed is wheels/tires, springs, and pinion. Well I also put in a SPY, a spektrum a 1400 mil battery and better servo. Probably order the better motor next week.
Ron
Old 01-15-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 stroken ron View Post
My 1/10 touring car wheels/tires got here today. They fit perfect. Just like everyone said they would. They are a little bigger in diameter so I put the 13 tooth pinion in. I hope it will compensate. The stock tires are 58mm and the touring car are 62mm
I am ready for the carpet.
Thanks
everyone
Ron

Looks good. You will be happy with the way it handles. The only grip I have is about the stock electronics, the speed control seems to have no brake and slams into reverse. This causes erratic cornering, so I usually coast into the corners.

I should have some foam track video after Friday.

Stew
Old 01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
The tc tires looks good on the detta...... What about traction rolling, does it do that when you try to take a corner.
Spektrumized
Old 01-15-2007, 11:23 PM

I don't know, I will find out tomorrow night.
Ron
Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Cool, would love to hear how the foamies perform.
Spektrumized
Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Foam tires for Vendetta

My name is Tim and I am new to this forum. I recently bought one and found out pretty quick what works and what doesn't. First is the gears. You have to use the Duratrax pinions. But I did manage to convert an Associated spur so I can use any pinion. The motor mount doesn't accept any other size than the 380 without modification. The wheel adapters for the Mini-Quake will not work either without modification. But the long screws that hold the tire on will bend easy because it has to stick out to far. But, touring car foams are a dirrect fit. You can find them in 26mm, 28mm, and 30mm. I bought a set of foams with 32 shore for the rear, and 35 shore for the front. They were 30mm wide so I put them in my truer and narrowed the. But they didn't rub even at full width. I think a set of purples for the rear and double purple for the front will be the best setup for carpet. I ran the stock 380 with a GP 1100 against 18B's with 17 an 16 turn motors and set a new track record and the A-main record too. I also kept the 16 tooth pinion. I trued the tires down to 58mm and it has plenty of punch and is good for around 28 mph. I hope this helps out for anybody needing to know. Tim
Old 01-17-2007, 06:59 PM

Tim: Good to hear from you. I ran my Vendetta for the first time last night. As you can see in an earlier post I have the 28MM (JACO 2154 PINK) touring car tires. I used a 13 tooth pinion and green springs. The tires had WAY too much side bite. It would traction roll by going into the corners just a little too hard. I could not do ANYTHING to get this car to side any. We run an oval so all turns were to the left. I finally learned how to drive it a little better. by the end of the evening I was getting respectable lap times. I just ordered the wheel adapters for the mini Quake and have my dremel waiting. I also have a full set of LOSI MINI T LOSB1144 (purple)tires to try. They are a little smaller in diameter and a little narrower. I think harder too??? Isn't that what the color indicates? I also ordered another set of touring car tires, this time I ordered Jaco 2155 purple. I am hoping 1 set or the other of those tires will help. I have some other things I am going to tweak too. I am going to try 70 wt. shock oil and limiters in the shocks to get-er-down low. Of course them I will have to readjust everything. Have you had any trouble with
your drive shafts? I talked to a fellow today that has a lot of problem with them until he replaced them with the steel CV drive shafts.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPTT4&P=Z
He said these work very good.
How about your diffs? Are you sill running the gear or balls?
Thanks
Later
Ron
Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to jaejw1
as soon as you add a brushless motor,,, you m want to consider changing to ball diffs,,,,

im also using 70wt oil but in the front only,, the shocks still seem soft,,,,, may want to keep using the hard springs,,,, but I dont drive on carpet so im not 100% sure
Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM

Venndetta foams

I have broken 5 axles so far. 2 from goofing off with reverse. You can send them back to Duratrax , but they will break too. I am going to go to the aluminums for sure. Even with the foams I am using, I can get around the oval pretty smooth, but try any quick moves and it will traction roll. I am going to try the purple/ double purple setup this weekend and see what happens. I lowered the buggy down also and put 50wt all around. But it still seems softer than the stock oil. I even put some 1000wt diff fluid and it still seems too soft. Our track alternates from oval one week to roadcourse the next. I ran a pack through it on the roadcourse and it seems to do allright except for trying to brake hard. It will do a frontflip. Hope you guys have goodluck with your buggy. I really like mine.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Since your running on carpet cant you just lower the center of gravity......
Spektrumized

Last edited by alfred; 01-22-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Got my foams turned down to size. Ready for Friday night racing.

Wish I had a different body....

Stew