Thread: Mondo's MQ
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Micrologist/Moderator

Maiden run

I don't know what the performance difference is between the standard 380 motor and the Graupner Speed 400 I fitted.
I'm impressed with the Speed 400's performace and with the standard pinion I get good all round usable power with enough to crawl and a decent top speed. I'm using URC X23 matched packs in the MQ
I took it for a good outside run and the road surface was still a, little wet, so no wheelies!

I noticed it was pulling to one side, upon further inspecion, only one of the rear wheels was driving, the other was free wheeling.
Took the beast inside, took about 5 minutes to strip it down and I noticed one of the standard (composite) CVDs had broken where it slots into the rear diff.
I guess it's time to order some alloy CVDs, I was always a little suspicious about the strength of the plastic units, I guess I came to the right conclusion.

The diffs themselves are of a plastic/composite construction and are nicely sealed. I had to disassemble the diff to get the broken CVD end out. The diffs themselves are nicely made.

So, hop up #1 has to be alloy CVDs