View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 11:18 PM
1/18th SCALE UPGRADES

Quote:
Originally posted by cowhizzi
Just want to know if that Mini Quake is a good rc? Does it perform well is it upgradable?
Cowhizzi,

The Mini-Quake is a great RC 18th scale truck. Just like many other newer RC vehicles, there are always areas that we, the "aftermarketeers" can improve on the truck.

There is no other truck provides the true "Monster Truck" look, so this is a benefit of the MQ. And the MQ is the only truck on the 18th scale market that provides you a 400 size motor, STOCK! That is nice....

I have experience with it, both brush motor and Brushelss motors, and the truck has a great setup. Shaft Drive, 8 oil filled shocks (might be a bit overkill), gear diffs, 400 size stock motor, and it uses the same style of battery packs that the M18 uses.

As far as performance, I have had GREAT luck with the ones i have. I did finally bust my outdrives tonight (a week point on the truck), but i was running a mamba 68k BL motor though. That setup will/can break a lot of cars' drivetrains.

Performance upgrades.....you are starting to see them trickle out on the market. Alum CVD's, Graphite chassis, street tires, etc. are all about out...which will increase the performance and strength of the truck.

URC

Sport71 Packs!

RACE71 Packs!

United RC Battery Pack Matrix

KRYSTAL MOTOR LINE:
The New Krystal - Re-Invented again, get on the motor revolution,

"You think I have a MOD complex? I am MOD!"