View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 10:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to kavvika
Nerve, I hope this answers your question. RCUniverse user "Granger" posted this:
"Im using a HiTec HS-65MG for $40. Works fine I had to go with a servo arm that came with it instead of stock. Also had to widen the set holes a little with an Xato blade"
Going with a straight arm, forgoing the servo saver, with a MG servo is not a bad idea. This actually seems to be a nice set-up as you can't get more direct steering than that.

Edit: I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that. We already established that you don't want to swap out your 285MG for a 65MG. Doh! To answer your real question, I would not switch servo savers yet. The Recoil saver probably has the best centering of any options (other than maybe the XRay), but the spring is too soft for most servos. Maybe your 285MG can handle a stiffer spring. Try stiffening it up with a washer or two, or heading on down to your LHS or local hardware store, and seeing if you can find a stiffer spring from either a different model or in the generic springs drawer like ACE Hardware does.

I'm leaving for home tomorrow afternoon. The Recoil will be packed and my first stop will be Venture Hobbies to pick up a set of Deans. Then it's down the street to the tennis courts at the park.

Consider the servo list post completed. Feel free to inform me if I missed a servo. I did not include the JR Z3550, as it's discontinued. Depending on how late I stay up tonight, I'll finish a few more paragraphs to add to the original post.

Last edited by kavvika; 10-29-2008 at 11:03 PM.