View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by RERacing View Post
Did you re-set your esc after all your changes?
Did you follow ALL the manufacturer ESC set-up info?

But not feeling like I have all the info needed to answer, an easy way to "check what's up" is to plug your motor into your buddy's car and viceversa.
Yeah not really possible to plug it into my buddys car until the weekend when we race again.

Here is a copy of what I forwarded to Castle / Tekin:

I have two sidewinders, one with a Castle 6800kv and one with a Tekin 8100kv. Both Sidewinders have been updated to the latest firmware version and both were set back to the default settings. The only feature that might be slightly different is EPA's on the radios, which I really only adjust steering throw anyways. One car uses a DX2.0 (the one w/ the 6800) and my car is a DX3r with an 8100. Both radios/escs were reset to full throttle, full brake, neutral after removing the usb update link cable from the speed control.

After removing both motors from the cars and listening solely to the motor spinning at full throttle under zero load, I have determined through elimination process that the audible "whine" coming from the 6800kv is a far greater whine then the audible whine coming from the 8100. There was another person present in the room while I was doing this to confirm what I was hearing was correct. I have also swapped the motors to the other speed control to "possibly" rule out a defective speed control. I came up with the exact same audible findings after swapping motors.

If the 6800 whine that I hear is truly a "6800" then I believe the 8100 I received is really the 5500 performance version (or lower?) and that is not what I had paid for. I do not have a video camera because I would really like to show you what I "hear" between these two setups.

Anyone feel that my comparison test was a joke?

I think it is the best I could come up with at home at least.

Lets see what castle / tekin say come morning.