Thread: A123's
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genitor View Post
Thanks SonicJ! You provided some valuable information.
Which charger do you use? I've been looking at the Fma cellpro multi4
http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applica...ti4_media.html

It charges every battery chemistry and only costs $75.
i use a fma cellpro 4s (older version). it works great but lacks the features of the newer multi 4. i've been contemplating a new charger but i haven't done much research on whats available at the moment. the Turnigy Accucel-8 & Accucel-6 seem like a lot of value for the price. the fma is $75, but requires you to buy a balance connector and a pc interface if you want to use it with the computer. its also limited to 4s LiXX and 5s LiFe. the accucel 8 charges up to 8s & 7amps and includes a rediculous amount of connectors for $79. heres a link to the accucel 8 with plenty of user reviews: accucel 8
the accucel 6 is comparible to the cellpro multi 4 but is less than $40! rcgroups disscussion for accucel 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by genitor View Post
What type of runtimes do you get with those 18650 cells? And which motor are you running?
im not sure about the runtime, i just built the pack last night that truck is pending a drivetrain overhaul. i won't get to that until i finish my 1/8th scale MT so it'll probably be a few days, but i'll let you know as soon as i log a few packs! im running a castle cm2042 4200kv