View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Bonkrs4Stompers

Thumbs up GREAT SUCCESS using 2 x $3 BatterySpace.com 10440's

Now this little thing FLIES and lasts TWICE AS LONG; batteries don't even get slightly warm!

There were some concerns that the batteries wouldn't hold up to the motor's high amp draw, but I've had nothing but success with these things!

Here's my success checklist:
  • QTY2 of BatterySpace.com's $3 model 10440 Li-Ion batteries wired in series for a total of $6
  • One $4 PCB from BatterySpace.com to protect your batteries and your Micro-T from a fire
  • $50-60 Li-Ion charger (this thing charges nearly EVERYTHING!); sign up for their newsletter & get a $10 off $50 coupon, plus when I added the item to my cart, I got an instant $10 off (maybe a fluke)
  • If you can't afford the above mentioned charger (it is a bit pricey), you can try BatterySpace.com's Smart Charger for $10 (note that it's only for one cell so you'll need to wire your batteries to be able to charge one at a time)
  • No hair in your rotating parts
  • Wheel bearings
  • Tranny with one screw slightly loose (1/2-3/4 turn); use your finger to turn the spur gear (motor removed) to see which screw makes the difference
  • Correct pinion/spur gear mesh
  • Commutator drops - no drilling required since there's already a hole in the side of the motor at the back of the Micro-T
  • Soldering Iron
  • Solder
  • 18 or 20 guage/awg silicone wire
  • Dremel or drill to carve up your Micro-T; I recommend removing the metal posts prior to glueing since they are very difficult to carve and lose all structural integrity when they are cut in half anyway
  • Glue for the battery cover and battery pack; I used Shoe Goo
  • Electrical tape to cover your connections

Last edited by Bonkrs4Stompers; 04-24-2007 at 06:21 AM. Reason: weblinks were too long