View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

The selection of bodies from TBG are nice, but I wish they came with some decals. I have a bin full of original MRS4 cars and other bits and pieces that just sits in the garage. I recently sold two NIB RTR Micro RS4 packages I was hanging onto in the hope that the micro scene might come back. I still have two cars ready to run, just no place to play.

Locally, we basically run 4wd sedans in various configurations. Top class is the 17.5 blinky and speeds are very fast. We also run Canadian VTA on 21.5 motors and another off-shoot of this is Sportsman also with 21.5 motors but running any sedan tire and a sports car style body. No Mazda 6 or other pure race bodies allowed.

We have tried to get people into the relatively inexpensive Schumacher SupaStox cars and I had one for a time. Very simple rigs and we tried 2S lipo on a 21.5 motor. They were very fast and fun, but the club changed the rules to 1S on 21.5 motors. I sold out as I had no 1S lipo packs or an ESC that could do 1S.

Off-road is big here too and most run mod 2wd or mod 4wd buggies on out outdoor clay track. Some have 8th scale and a few run SC trucks.