View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Micro Master

Send a message via AIM to quietfly
Quote:
Originally posted by ericmcgehee
I GOT MY MAMBA IN THE OTHER DAY, AND AT FIRST, WAS VERY DISAPOINTED. I CALLED CASTLE BECAUSE IT HAD NO TORQ, AND WAS SLOWER THAN THE PRO RK 370. THEY SAID I HAD TO USE GP1100 CELLS. MY BATTERIES WERE NOT BIG ENOUGH. THE MOTOR HOWEVER MOUNTS RIGHT TO THE MOTOR MOUNT, WHICH WAS A RELIEF. I HAVE NOT DECIDED WHETHER TO GO0 WITH THE GP OR LIPO'S, BUT IT PISSES ME OFF THAT YOU SPEND THE MONEY FOR A MOTOR ANS ESC, THEN FIND OUT YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO GET IT TO WORK RIGHT. HONESTLY, FOR THE MONEY, THE PRO RK WAS A WAY BETTER DEAL. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR ESC, WELL NOT THE STOCK ONE, BUT YOU CAN GET THE REMOTE,ESC, AND RECIEVER FROM TOWER FOR LIKE 70.00 FOR THE FUTABA, AND THE MOTOR WAS ONLY LIKE 25.00, AND IT WAS SUPPER FAST.

this isn't a cheap hobby. You have to spend money to get the proper complimentary parts or you will just be wasting money.

I have a 6800 in my rc18t, and with my 3 cell lipo it is INSANE. I won't even use my normal 8 cell matched pack any more. there's just no comparision.

put the proper batteries in and you will not dissapointed.

Also the mamba link is a great tool for getting the most out of your mamba.

like anything RC is a cumalative investment, but if you save up and do it right you'll be very happy.

Just my 2 cents ( or $98,2531.00 CDN)
YMMV

-chris