View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavvika View Post
What I don't understand is why two RCTech members recommend the HS-225 but you can't get it to work. I'm not going to add is until it's confirmed to work with the servo mounts. What part of the servo is getting in the way? Once I finish the servo list I'll add a small paragraph describing how to tighten up the servo saver, since it's made to protect the wimpy stock servo and is much too soft for a high torque or metal gear servo.
Right now i'm using the stock servo saver w/ the DS285mg. Should I go the HS65 route and upgrade it the Associated one? If it fits and works that is.

I would like to know how they got the 225 to work as well. Unless they "shoe-goo'd" it directly to the chassis, which I could see would fit /work. But I wanted to at least use the stock mounts and i'm fairly certain that using the the 2 straight mounts the servo wasnt wide enough.

Maybe tomorrow if I get some free time at work, I could email the guys that are using the 225mg and get some photos of their setup and how they installed it to helpout w/ this thread.

Side note, I would like to see the HS81mg sitting in this chassis as well. I have one in my gf's old micro and I have an HS85 in my micro. Not that I really wanted to tear open my micro again. But I do have access to those servos.