View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavvika View Post
For part two of this thread, I'd also like expand the list of servos with more lower-priced options, and with which mounts the they use to line up with the holes in the chassis. I think that'd be a good addition, since not everyone can afford a $40+ servo. Plastic gears and bushings will suffice for some people who just want a slight upgrade over the stock S-25 servo. Nerve, it looks like you're using the offset mount on the right and the straight mount on the left of your DS-285MG? Does that servo have ball bearings?
A listing of known servos that fit into the Recoil without major modifying would be a valuable post to have on here. Specs and photos would be good to have as well. Sort of like a tutorial. I could help out with some information regarding the DS285mg for a tutorial if need be.

I didn't really want to spend $59 on a servo as well, but it's what I knew so I went with it again.

The DS285mg is bushing (had to search it since I didnt know).
http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Tec...odID=JRPS285MG

To fit the DS285mg I used both of the 90* offset mounts. I then re-centred the linkage and steering arms with the centre of the chassis and adjusted endpoints to fit.