YourMicro.com Forums

YourMicro.com Forums (http://yourmicro.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRP SC18 Discussion (http://yourmicro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   BRP SC18 vs. Micro RS4 (http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9878)

pkh 10-07-2003 02:52 PM

BRP SC18 vs. Micro RS4

I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who has a BRP and a Micro (or anyone who has at least driven a BRP and a Micro).

What advantages (if any) does the BRP have over the Micro (Speed, Handling, etc.). Or, to put it another way, why would anyone buy a BRP instead of a Micro?

I've never driven a BRP, but it seems to me like the Micro is a much more advanced chassis design and that the all wheel drive would make it a far superior car in every respect.

Thanks,

Paul

Intelligentsia 10-07-2003 11:01 PM

The micro a far more superior car? Lol.

justinalamode 10-07-2003 11:03 PM

Intel, hands down the micro is far better.

Just give it up, the BRP is none superior.

:p

Intelligentsia 10-07-2003 11:10 PM

How and why? Nevermind, I will not waste my time arguing about this. I will just do my talking at the track.

justinalamode 10-07-2003 11:12 PM

Hahah ... I only joke.

Your BRP hauled 255...

Did you get it to run like you wanted it ?

Intelligentsia 10-07-2003 11:16 PM

Yup! Felt just like a pan car! The other guy with the eight cell micro that we thought was fast wasn't fast at all. I pulled him on the straight! Then when he saw that I did not have a micro he was all shocked and called me the micro king lol.

I was also keeping up with that 1/10 and 1/12 for a lil while until my compound began to wear off.

Your car was almost there too. Just ease off of the throttle into the turns. You will do much better next month.

justinalamode 10-07-2003 11:18 PM

That 8 cell micro guy, how disappointing.

All that equipment and still nothing ?! I really like the BRP, and i was thinkin of maybe that or a WWS later... or maybe even jus creating a RWD micro rs4..

Anyways, see you soon !

pkh 10-10-2003 04:09 PM

Back to my original question...

So Intel,

Now that you're done LOL'ing, perhaps you can tell us if you've driven both a BRP and a Micro, and if so, give us a summary of the strengths and weaknesses of each (that was my original question).

Thanks,

Paul

Intelligentsia 10-10-2003 04:11 PM

As a matter of fact I have driven both.

I was also unaware that I am required to answer your question.

havy 10-10-2003 04:36 PM

I think that Intels intentions on making the BRP his 1/18th class car.

He he, I think that about says it all.;)

havy

pkh 10-10-2003 04:40 PM

Intel,

I started this thread to get some intelligent feedback to a simple question. If you don't care to provide any, than please don't bother to post messages to this thread.

Thanks,

Paul

Intelligentsia 10-10-2003 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by havy
I think that Intels intentions on making the BRP his 1/18th class car.

He he, I think that about says it all.;)

havy

Thanks Havy

As for the thread starter you are in no position to tell me how I am to act or what I am to do.

You say that you are seeking intelligent feedback when at the same time you claim that due to chassis design that the micro is the superior car.

You are looking for an unbiased response when your initial question and overall opinion within itself is biased.

Also, I was wondering what exactly do you feel is so superior and more advanced about the stock micro chassis as opposed to the stock BRP?

Gwarmageddon 10-10-2003 05:52 PM

not to get involved in your chat, but just from looking at the BRP (havn't driven one) vs. the RS4. they are in two completely different worlds. The BRP is a 2wd pan car, whereas the RS4 is a 4wd touring car. just seems to me that the brp setup properly would be alot faster on a smooth prep'd track because the motor is only powering two wheels. on an ugly dirt track, the rs4 would take its 4wd and just walk all over the BRP.

Intelligentsia 10-10-2003 06:00 PM

I think on an ugly dirt track we are both screwed:D

Just wait until next month Gwarmageddon, we are going to have a blast. Is your dad planning to come on down? Also, don't forget my question.

It was tough for me to get the BRP car to actually feel like a pan car until Monday. Before then it felt more like a 1/10 which wasn't a bad feeling either. Once I finally got it setup properly it was full speed, stop at the last second and watch the car turn. It took a minute to get used to it but boy was it fast and boy was it fun.

I just need to find a traction compound which yields as much grip as the Paragon and lasts a full round. I think that I will try both the Trinity Red Dot and the Zip Grip.

Danny, I can't wait to see how your car drives at SoCal.

Gwarmageddon 10-10-2003 06:10 PM

I'll remember to ask him. I'll also see if he wants to go down to socal nov 1st. I'll tell him i'll pay for the entry fees/gas. He has to pick between raceing dirt oval @ camarillo or micros @socal. I'll let you know the answers of both ?'s on wednesday. I'd tell you sooner, but i only have internet axcess at work.