YourMicro.com Forums

YourMicro.com Forums (http://yourmicro.com/forums/index.php)
-   Micro RS4 Motors (http://yourmicro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Mamba on a Micro RS4 (http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19483)

ChingonStang 03-22-2007 08:36 PM

Mamba on a Micro RS4

Hello all, few weeks back I got a Micro RS4. About five years ago I did have a RC car, but it was a cheap one that broke pretty quick. I realized now why it broke, I placed a 24 turn motor on a cheap plastic Tamiya kit 1/10.

I am really wanting to see how much I can get from the stock Micro RS4 without changing over to a different chassis. I am thinking about installing a Mamba on it. I am still learning this Micro RS4 lingo and tech and requesting any tips or hop ups I would need to accomodate this motor and speed. My main focus I believe is straight line speed. I really want to tear down the street.

Does anyone have a Mamba motor installed already? Thanks!

alfred 03-22-2007 09:34 PM

Just want you to know that you will need to hopup the front drivetrain to steel or aluminum universals, HPI aluminum diff case, and rear balldiff-but the gear diff will be fine.:D

ChingonStang 03-22-2007 10:36 PM

Thanks for the info Alfred!

alfred 03-22-2007 10:39 PM

You can find most of the things you will need on tower......;) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...s4&FVPROFIL=++

ChingonStang 03-24-2007 01:48 AM

Thanks for the link!

I'm going to bump up to a penquin chassis first and work my way from there. I just ordered one and hear good things about it. I really do understand now about how a lot of the parts on the stock mrs4 are pretty cheap. I bought a team orion 1600 7.2 volt battery pack and now see the difference in low to higher voltage. Well, so much in that I broke a front knuckle today on my mrs4. I'm going to start swapping out the plastic parts for steel. Also picked up a Reedy 17t modified, but am waiting on the penquin to install it. They recommended a brushless tekin for high end performance over the mamba. Have you heard or seen a Tekin in action on a mrs4?

I'm gonna look around for some knuckles tomarrow locally and order then if I can find some steel ones.

alfred 03-24-2007 12:39 PM

Both systems are good, its just the Tekin is easier to program over the Mamba.

jaylad 03-24-2007 05:07 PM

even a mamba with the pc link ?

alfred 03-24-2007 08:54 PM

Unless you take a laptop with you to the track then your fine with setting up the esc for your needs at the track..........but out of the box the Tekin would be the easiest.;) Both systems are good.:D

jaylad 03-25-2007 09:30 AM

i take my lap top with me;)
only just had it and its got vista on and it wont let me install the latest version from castle creations 2.23 but it did load version 2.18 from my pc that runs xp with a special cable that transfers from xp to vista.

the mamba is very easy to set up via the lead which is good for me at my age :D

alfred 03-25-2007 11:11 AM

Hey Jaylad so were you able to download the new firmware onto the esc.

jaylad 03-25-2007 12:25 PM

i have only got the laptop now so i have 2.18 and thats all i know,not sure about firware and the like.
basicaly i had downloaded the latest version onto my pc a few weeks ago,before that it was 2.18,so i had both versions still on the pc when i changed to the laptop.i tried to install the latest version 2.23 and got this message-

'there is a problem with windows installer package.
a program required for this install to complete could not be run.
contact your support personnel or package vendor.'

so i tried to install 2.18 and it worked fine.
downloaded new version to laptop from net with the same message when i tried to install.

2.18 seems to be working fine so it will have to do

alfred 03-25-2007 12:32 PM

So you were able to download the new firmware onto the esc with no problems then.:D

jaylad 03-25-2007 01:15 PM

:confused:

alfred 03-25-2007 01:20 PM

So i take it by the smiley in your post that you didnt, why dont you just use the other laptop to download the new firmware onto the esc.