YourMicro.com Forums

YourMicro.com Forums (http://yourmicro.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-T Motors (http://yourmicro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   brushless motors (http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20457)

double_u_4 10-03-2008 06:48 PM

brushless motors

i saw that there were a couple different brushless setups for this thing. which is a good setup to go with. i had the xcelorin 1 for my micro. (thats all they hav for it.) but i see there are a couple different brands to go with for these. what do u guys think would b a good 1. im looking for 1 thats gonna hav alot of speed to it.

Russ Winn 10-04-2008 07:04 AM

First of all, did you get a stock RTR mini-t?...If so, you'll have to replace ALL the electronics to upgrade to brushless. The ESC and receiver are one combined unit, and the servo is an odd 4 wire unit. So before looking at upgrading to B/L, you'll need a complete radio system.

double_u_4 10-04-2008 11:12 AM

ya its a stock rtr. ok then the esc & Rx are together, the motor, steering servo & a controller. is there nething else i will need to get?

Russ Winn 10-05-2008 10:53 AM

Do you have battery packs and a charger?...That will be everything you'll need to get running.

I really hate to say this, since you've already bought it, but the Mini-T RTR isn't nearly as good of a deal as the Mini Baja. It's due to the fact of the included electronics being cheap to keep the costs down. So if you're looking to upgrade motors (brushless), or 7cell batteries, you pretty much have to swap everything out, servo included (which will actually cost you more).

double_u_4 10-05-2008 03:10 PM

i picked it up on ebay for $60 with lipo & charger. so not to worried about that. but i think im gonna just go & get the brushless set up. i was thinking about the castle sidewinder 8000. u think that is a good choice, or is there some thing better. i wnt something that is going to b fast. so what all do i need to get the motor & esc, a servo & servo saver. do i need to get a new RX & controller?

Russ Winn 10-05-2008 04:14 PM

Yes, you'll need a new Rx and controller, as well. ...Good luck with the brushless setup. (I don't run them, so I couldn't say how good that one is.)

double_u_4 10-05-2008 07:40 PM

thas what mostly will be done with it the street runs & i hav a huge parking lot that i go to. i go there with my schumacher menace. i heard with that 8ooo motor that it can do like 60mph with the 3s lipo. thats what i wnt if not more.:D. ya i had the xcelorin on my micro t & the motors were crap. ive gone threw a couple. that & there wires inside come loose alot.

double_u_4 10-06-2008 06:08 PM

well i got my brushless set up. i got the castle sidewinder 8000. i didnt get to try it with the lipo yet cuz it didnt hav a charger. but i ran it on the nimh & it wasnt to bad. i didnt need to get a differnt controller. i had a spare Rx from my menace & iwas able to use that with the stock controller. thanx for ur help guys.