YourMicro.com Forums

YourMicro.com Forums (http://yourmicro.com/forums/index.php)
-   Itsy Bitsy Spyder Discussion (http://yourmicro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Another Truck.. this time, TRINITY (http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14814)

pomme de terre 09-18-2004 03:46 PM

Another Truck.. this time, TRINITY

for those who have not seen it...

http://teamtrinity.com/ibspyder.htm

i dont really like how it looks... kinda crappy looking to me
one18th.com already started a forum on it.. you can chech it out for more info

jocktheglide 09-19-2004 09:30 PM

cool it has 4wd setup unlike mini t!!! I thought the mini t was boring due to its rear wheel drive.

Mondo 09-20-2004 02:44 AM

Spider? Where? There! *Squish*

Pomme,

Nice catch. That looks interesting. It's amazing how many manufacturers are getting into the RTR 1/18th scale truck scene nowdays.
The naming convention: "Itsy Bitsy Spyder™" is a little lame though...

UNITED_RC 09-20-2004 11:33 PM

Re: Spider? Where? There! *Squish*

Quote:

Originally posted by Mondo
Pomme,

Nice catch. That looks interesting. It's amazing how many manufacturers are getting into the RTR 1/18th scale truck scene nowdays.
The naming convention: "Itsy Bitsy Spyder™" is a little lame though...

Mr. Mondo!

I agree with you ...why would a company want to sell a 18th scale truck, that is supose to be durable, fast, etc....and then name is "Itsy Bitsy " anything???

I still think the Duratrax MQ is the truck to get!

URC

kaymin 09-23-2004 01:09 AM

Re: Re: Spider? Where? There! *Squish*

Quote:

Originally posted by UNITED_RC
Mr. Mondo!

I agree with you ...why would a company want to sell a 18th scale truck, that is supose to be durable, fast, etc....and then name is "Itsy Bitsy " anything???

I still think the Duratrax MQ is the truck to get!

URC

WORD THAT!

aznfknpride 09-23-2004 02:11 AM

Lol, Kaymin is set on getting that Duratrax Mini Quake. But yeah, itsy bitsy sounds hella lame. Gawd, couldn't the come up with something a bit more, uh, catchy?

Mark

turtle 10-03-2004 03:22 AM

turtle is back :D

Hmm.. so far I've been planning on getting the MQ, but the more I look at this Spyder the better it actually seems... Take away that HUGE receiver/esc from the top deck and it wouldn't look half as bad IMO.

Seems much more adjustable as stock than the MQ (or the RC18T) and the 4 shocks is a bonus IMO.. ..need to upgrade to oil shocks though... Also the driveshafts seem to be stainless steel.

..looks like it would be really easy to convert this into a MT + it comes with gear diffs just like the MQ. (I wonder how durable these gear diffs will be...)

Only thing Trinity did wrong hear seems to be looks.. ..with some aluminum "bling bling" added to the shocks and a smaller electronics positioned differently, this would have been maybe the most interesting Micro truck so far..

I just might get the spyder and not the MQ after all.. we'll see...

Someone said that the spyder looks like a 4wd mini-T... I wonder if some/most of the mini-T aftermarket hopups will fit...

UNITED_RC 10-03-2004 08:57 AM

turtle, good to see you are back! :)

The one thing i see that i DO like is that Trinity is providing, stock, what appers to be steel or alum linkages! The stock mini-t linkages seem to bend by sneezing on them!

I hope someone does come out with new bodies, or other mfgr bodies will fit, because the stock body is horrible!

URC

RadiShack 10-03-2004 02:58 PM

what about more micro touring cars........:(

alfred 10-03-2004 03:16 PM

yes more onroaders please, please:D

UNITED_RC 10-03-2004 03:36 PM

You already have:

RS4
M18
WWS Pro 1:18
BRP

Am I missing any?

;)

URC

Mondo 10-03-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UNITED_RC
You already have:

RS4
M18
WWS Pro 1:18
BRP

Am I missing any?

;)

URC

Yes: Trinity Bantam...

But that sucks piles anyway... :p

alfred 10-03-2004 04:29 PM

so what off roader are people on this forum looking forward to getting. I need at least one off roader. I dont have one yet. Need one bad.

UNITED_RC 10-03-2004 05:08 PM

From what i have seen, I think the Duratrax Mini-Quake will be the one of the best trucks to get! Right behind it (due to looks) is the AE truck.

IMO!

URC

alfred 10-03-2004 05:12 PM

im really an onroad kind of person, but having all onroad cars is getting kind of boring. so im thinking of getting at least one offroader to keep me going in RC. Is this what you would recommend in getting. Im really not into looks i need function as well.