PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Grand Prix Nov 8-9

Micro Moose
10-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Ok, I was the first to sign up. Jim does have a Micro Stock and Open on the sign up sheet.

$25 for the first signup - 20$ for the second without a tee-shirt. 3 qualifers on Saturday, one Qualifier and Mains on Sunday. Price includes a BBQ lunch. Details aren't up on the website yet.

justinalamode
10-12-2003, 03:20 AM
So if you intend to run both classes, it's 45 dollars to race?

That would be a lot of scrilla

Intelligentsia
10-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah, enough to buy yourself that soldering iron.

I will definitely only race one class if I go.

justinalamode
10-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I need to get myself that soldering iron soon :D

Damn, and you still need to get the transponder along with that right?

Sooo expensive !!! Mod class it is .

Intelligentsia
10-12-2003, 03:22 PM
You don't need to buy a transponder. You can always rent one but it adds up.

justinalamode
10-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I might as well buy one since its what, 70 bucks?

To rent, 17? It will add up and i might as well have a small transponder compared to that brick that I had this month !

Intelligentsia
10-12-2003, 04:58 PM
No, the transponder rental is $5. You can purchase a transponder from Ultimate Hobbies for around $60.

rogotiz3
10-12-2003, 05:46 PM
how long is a race again? is it 3 or 5 minutes?

Also for the stock class, the rules say that the top deck can be substituted, now just to make sure does that mean you can use any after market top deck?

Intelligentsia
10-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Hey,

The stock races are six minutes and the modified races are only four. Four minutes is a bit short but it remains fun. As far as your other question, I do not know the answer.

Micro Moose
10-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes, the top deck can be aftermark.

rogotiz3
10-12-2003, 08:02 PM
What is best for the track, nicad or nimh for stock?

How much of a difference in umph between nicad in nimh, is the super umph in nicads gonna last long enough to beat the nimh's power consistency?

Also micro moose which car did you drive at socal oct 3? Who was the one that had a dead battery in one of the stock races?

Whoa 6 minutes for stock? I thought stock would be four minutes because of speed difference?

ALapDown
10-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Any aftermarket top deck is OK. I meand the top, NOT the rear deck. Reason for allowing is because a stiffer top deck allows the rear "suspension:rolleyes: " to work a little better. Personally, I run the stock one.

Not sure how long they will run us for the Grand Prix, but last time out, Jim ran a 6 minute main in the stock class. Generally it's 5 for stock and 4 for mod. As far as Nicads go, I'd only be concerned about run time if you are talking about using the 600 KR's or AE's. Get some KANs from Blind. On the big So Cal layout, the higher voltage that those things put out is what you need, not the punch of a Nicad cell.

rogotiz3
10-13-2003, 11:35 AM
i'm thinking more of using 1300 nicads. Wouldn't 1300 nicads be better than 1050 nimh's through a race?

ALapDown
10-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rogotiz3
i'm thinking more of using 1300 nicads. Wouldn't 1300 nicads be better than 1050 nimh's through a race?
1300? Sub-C's? Too heavy IMO.

rogotiz3
10-13-2003, 11:54 AM
no not sub c's, the cp-1300, there 1/2 or 2/3's a sub c around 5-6 grams for a 4pack. Do you think that weight of 5-6 grams will cancel out it's punch and speed and make it perform worse than a 4pack zapped kan?
Cause when i'm running the cp1300's, i don't know whether it's really fast for 4 cells or because I havent tried the kans to give it a comparison.

Intelligentsia
10-13-2003, 12:39 PM
I would stick with the KAN cells. The discharge rates on the nicads do not even compare to the ni-mh not to mention the fact of the increased weight.

Nicad cells are very punchy in the beginning but that punch quickly diminishes. Stick with the KAN cells you will be quite pleased.

RadiShack
10-13-2003, 06:03 PM
A GRAND PRIX at SOCAL!!Im there!

So where do I sign up?Also I just came back from vegas today!It was sooo much funn at hpi challenge!Ill probably just run my hpi challenge car in mod class.
________
Zoloft Lawsuit (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

Intelligentsia
10-13-2003, 06:08 PM
How did you do?

ALapDown
10-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by rogotiz3
no not sub c's, the cp-1300, there 1/2 or 2/3's a sub c around 5-6 grams for a 4pack. Do you think that weight of 5-6 grams will cancel out it's punch and speed and make it perform worse than a 4pack zapped kan?
Cause when i'm running the cp1300's, i don't know whether it's really fast for 4 cells or because I havent tried the kans to give it a comparison.
5-6 grams for the entire pack? I find that hard to believe. You mean per cell? Either way, go with the KANs. Talk to Blind ASAP as he sells them as fast as he can get them in.

RadiShack
10-14-2003, 11:12 PM
I finished third,that other guy named atsushi was good at micro, iwas always 1 lap down from him......Limfirst,Atsushisecond,methird,MikeCollin s4th,.......so collinsthird,cant remeber,just check whenthey post theresults.

overall i had a great time!meeting new people,win prizes,etc:D
________
Effects of prilosec (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

Intelligentsia
10-14-2003, 11:15 PM
How many micros were in the class?

ALapDown
10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by RadiShack
I finished third,that other guy named atsushi was good at micro, iwas always 1 lap down from him......Limfirst,Atsushisecond,methird,MikeCollin s4th,.......so collinsthird,cant remeber,just check whenthey post theresults.

overall i had a great time!meeting new people,win prizes,etc:D
Third and beat Mike Collins?!? Nice job man!

ALapDown
10-24-2003, 10:20 AM
**BUMP**

Reminder to all!

4 rounds of qualifying and triple A main format!!!

Sign up at the track if you haven't already, they should have the sign up sheet on the website soon!

Akura2
10-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Damn... I 've got a wedding to go to on that Saturday.... I can go on Sunday but with one qualifier.I won't be able to earn my true spot in the pack...Unless I do really well on that one shot...:)

justinalamode
10-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Akura ...

How many of your friends are getting married!

Don't you have a wedding on Nov 1 also?

It'll still be fun, so just head on down on Sunday. Join the fun

See you all at socal

ALapDown
10-24-2003, 06:19 PM
You still get the shirt and the honor of hanging out with the So Cal Micro set!!!:D

BLiND
10-26-2003, 05:17 PM
hey ALD, I just got my 1/10th scale today :D

Basically - factory team tc3, futaba 9401 steering servo, hand tuned stock motor, pit shimizu 27r slicks with medium inserts.

Any recomendation for pinion size and/or tires for socal? The tires I've got are the hook up for up here, but socal is much higher traction so I dont want to burn these up...

Batteries are no issue, I just picked up a set of hot GP3300's and have a 3000 pack to run the qualifiers with, and 2000's for practice...

ALapDown
10-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BLiND
hey ALD, I just got my 1/10th scale today :D

Basically - factory team tc3, futaba 9401 steering servo, hand tuned stock motor, pit shimizu 27r slicks with medium inserts.

Any recomendation for pinion size and/or tires for socal? The tires I've got are the hook up for up here, but socal is much higher traction so I dont want to burn these up...

Batteries are no issue, I just picked up a set of hot GP3300's and have a 3000 pack to run the qualifiers with, and 2000's for practice...
Let me look into gear ratio. Can't remember off hand. Tires, Sorex 36's with Green HPI inserts are a favorite for
So Cal.. I used to run the kit springs, gold/silver with 50 wt oil up front and 35 xt in the back. I think I moved the shocks all the way in on the upper mounnting positions. That should get you close. I heard King Daddy was a no go. Just got back from the Toyota thing having only run my first Q...that was at about 2:45PM!!! Couldn't stay so here I am at home. 30 heats!!! Unreal.

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 07:05 PM
30 heats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is unreal!!

How was the turnout at KDR?

ALapDown
10-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Intelligentsia
30 heats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is unreal!!

How was the turnout at KDR?
Yeah, it was crazy.

I heard King Daddy didn't happen due to the fires/high winds.

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 08:41 PM
How was it in Irvine?

G_bruin
10-26-2003, 09:19 PM
It was bad in HB. Very wierd to see a orangy haze in the middle of the day....

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 09:21 PM
I haven't seen you in ages G_. You all ready for SoCal this Saturday?

ALapDown
10-26-2003, 10:43 PM
How was it in Irvine?
Lots of dark clouds...smoke and ashes. Pretty ugly most of the time. It did clear up for a bit here and there, but mostly grey smoky skies.

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Will they be posting results anywhere?

How was the micro turnout?

RadiShack
10-26-2003, 10:55 PM
It was worse at kdr race!There was like 4 fires really near,and winds were picking up hard,like 20 mph,cant even see!Everyones eyes were filled with ashes!So they post poned it to next week,or 2 weeks,or next month,not sure.

So was it really bad like us at camarillo?
________
Hot penny stocks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

RadiShack
10-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Im really concerned about these fires..I mean what if its a terrorists trying to burn down THE ENTIRE CA?This is serious...And for police to find suspects,its no easy.When i was on my way to kdr today,i already saw three fires.It was REALLY awful,it look like a volcano.I wish good luck to all the fire fighters and people that are helping.
________
CoedCutie (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/CoedCutie/)

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Yup, it's pretty scary.

I am glad that the turnout at the Toyota race was so great. I wanted to spectate but I was concerned about the traffic.

RadiShack
10-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Hows it there at san diego?Can u see smoke or ashes?just curious
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 11:14 PM
I think that the entire San Diego County can see smoke and ashes.

What time did the Toyota race finally end guys?

ALapDown
10-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Micro turn out was fair, about 8 or 9 total signed up. Only four laid their cars down in the first Q, Mike & I were two, and Mike didn't even make the start of the heat! My car was for sh!t, still not sure exactly what was wrong. I would do a lap, bangin boards the whole time then pull it off to look it over, slap it down and do it again. Even at that we hear the announcer say that I have the lead! Mike and I got a good laugh outa that one! I think I won the heat!?!!??!

Just finished looking the car over. Rear diff is gone, needs a rebuild in a bad way. Front diff wasn't too good either, one-way is quickly becoming my favorite front set-up. Not sure when it all finished, I left after the first Q!!!

Intelligentsia
10-26-2003, 11:29 PM
How did Mike's car look?

BLiND
10-27-2003, 02:31 AM
KDR was postponed due to the wind, the track was like a dustball...but with ash.

Majority of people stayed and we had a controlled practice type of day, but with full club race type of racing. Birch ran to the store with Danny and bought a bunch of plastic goggles and a couple people were wearing ski goggles, lmao. It was funny for about 2 seconds until you got some ash in your eye, I was also wearing a breathing mask, but I have asthma so today wasn't cool.

I think we had about 8 micro's, 2 of them I know left, and who knows how many people just didn't show up because of all the crap going on.

ALapDown
10-27-2003, 09:00 AM
How did Mike's car look?
Good as always!:)

Learned a few things yesterday, gonna keep working on the car, trying to get it more consistent. Hopefully I won't embarass myself at the GP...yes, I was THAT bad yesterday!!!:(

RadiShack
10-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Me and eddy left for the day.I wanted to stay,but all my friends just wanted to leave so,i left.If kdr is not on a socal micro day,ill go again to camarillo.
________
VAPORIZER (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

G_bruin
10-27-2003, 09:30 PM
I haven't seen you in ages G_. You all ready for SoCal this Saturday?

I have been going through major withdrawal symptoms!! Between work travel (which will take me to the Bay Area this weekend through Thursday) and some football games, I haven't been able to get out there at all. I am so happy that the micro scene has really expanded. Alas, I'll make it out there soon.

In the mean time, the forums have been doing a great job at making feel like I am still part of the scene.

ALapDown
10-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by G_bruin

I have been going through major withdrawal symptoms!! Between work travel (which will take me to the Bay Area this weekend through Thursday) and some football games, I haven't been able to get out there at all. I am so happy that the micro scene has really expanded. Alas, I'll make it out there soon.

In the mean time, the forums have been doing a great job at making feel like I am still part of the scene.
You're always part of the scene once you join the Micro set! Miceo racing is blowing up pretty good here and with the X-ray due under everybody's tree this year...yeah, it's gonna fly!!! I think my Stock class rules and the direction I was going with them are starting to make sense now, right guys?

Akura2
10-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by justinalamode
Akura ...

How many of your friends are getting married!

Don't you have a wedding on Nov 1 also?

It'll still be fun, so just head on down on Sunday. Join the fun

See you all at socal

Well the wedding I was supposed to go to this Saturday is in Vegas...but with all the highways closed due to the fire...we might not go..last minute flights are too expensive...so I may be there this Saturday..

and Sunday the 9th

justinalamode
10-28-2003, 01:18 PM
-Akura

Sorry to hear that, but it's always nice to have you down at socal! Sucks that I can't make it on the 1st though.

MicroChoady
10-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Yea for me!!!

I finally signed up for the GP.

And if I am real lucky,
I may be able to squeak in a race on
Fridaynight, or Saturday, or Sunday.

It all depends on my little trick-or-treaters
and their busy schedules.....

I gotta get my off and on-road cars ready!

Intelligentsia
10-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Well lets hope that you are real lucky so that we can all see you this weekend. The more the better.

justinalamode
10-28-2003, 03:18 PM
When do you need to sign up for the SoCal GP by? I can't make it down there saturday to sign up.

Can someone do it for me? I will gladly pay them back!!

Let me know when last day is. Thanks!

RadiShack
10-28-2003, 06:57 PM
oh yeah,u hav any motors in stock now?speed 300,or wattage 370,tuned or non tuned.Anyone blind,choady or k3
________
UGGS (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

Intelligentsia
10-28-2003, 07:38 PM
I have whatever you need.

RadiShack
10-28-2003, 11:52 PM
umm r u gonna be there this sat?If so ill purchase a k3 there,just dont savatage it:) Just kiddin.yeah i tried to time my own motor,ended with very high rpm,punch,but the brushes ran out VERY fast,so I rather by a tuned one,instead doing all the labor myself.[without dyno,armeture balance]So i already messed up a new motor trying so,ill just buy one.Thx,i know my writing is terrible:cool:
________
Oregon dispensary (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

Intelligentsia
10-29-2003, 01:00 AM
I will bring one down for ya!

MicroChoady
10-29-2003, 09:47 AM
oh yeah,u hav any motors in stock now?speed 300,or wattage 370,tuned or non tuned.Anyone blind,choady or k3

I am sure, Blind, Intel, or myself will be able to "hook-you-up!":D

RadiShack
10-29-2003, 06:06 PM
ill bye the cheapest 300 motor out of u 3.:) J.K.Ill just try the k3 out compared to my tuned motor.But my tuned motor runs out brush fast,only good for one race...
________
spanish girl Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

RadiShack
10-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Remeber intelli, dont savatage the motor so ill loose:)

Oh did u get a transponder yet?
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Intelligentsia
10-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Did you mean sabotage?

Why would I sabotage the motor? You won't beat me anyway.:p

RadiShack
10-29-2003, 08:18 PM
ull probably retard my motor so ill for sure loose:)

J.K.
________
EXPERT INSURANCE (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

BLiND
10-29-2003, 08:23 PM
why would you want to buy a retarded motor?

Intelligentsia
10-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Maybe because he is a ugh hehe:D

Hey Blind, got that receiver fixed, I found out that it was my crystal. They hooked it up for free.

BLiND
10-29-2003, 09:02 PM
your crystal or my crystal? That makes sense considering it happened after a hit

Intelligentsia
10-29-2003, 09:03 PM
It was your crystal. You should have my crystals. You do have them both right?

BLiND
10-29-2003, 10:12 PM
yea I've still got your channel 89 crystal set

GreenHoverCraft
10-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by justinalamode
When do you need to sign up for the SoCal GP by? I can't make it down there saturday to sign up.

Can someone do it for me? I will gladly pay them back!!

Let me know when last day is. Thanks!

so yeah? when is the last day for sign ups?

ALapDown
10-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by GreenHoverCraft

so yeah? when is the last day for sign ups?
Not sure exactly, but last year they posted the website with the sign up sheet and last I checked it wasn't yet posted...getting kinda late though!!! Just sign up GHC!!!

GreenHoverCraft
10-29-2003, 11:56 PM
yeah i heard, but its not up there since the last time i went there... a couple of hours ago...

i just want to know just how much time i have left thats all... thanks

ALapDown
11-03-2003, 10:07 AM
*BUMP*

Who's in??? It's this weekend!!! Please try to make it if at all possible.

MicroChoady
11-04-2003, 10:14 AM
I am in.
With new and improved Micros.............

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MicroChoady
I am in.
With new and improved Micros.............
New and improved???

Cool!!!:cool:

Micro Moose
11-04-2003, 10:24 AM

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Micro Moose
About time they got it up...there's a joke in there somewhere...

GreenHoverCraft
11-04-2003, 10:12 PM
SPOILERZ
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
$20 additional entry with no shirt

sum people need to wear shirts though.... we should make them pay us if they do not wear shirts....lol

was that the joke?

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 10:18 PM
SPOILERZ
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

sum people need to wear shirts though.... we should make them pay us if they do not wear shirts....lol

was that the joke?

Well...we should pay HER if she's hot!!!

Got a questin about spoilers GHC? Basically, keep it as close to stock as you can. No RadioShack "tower of terror" monstrosities please...just looks rediculous. You wanna add some side dams or something like that fine, but keep the size close to what would be "stock". Just use best judgement, I'm more concerned with lightening and other stealth cheats.

GreenHoverCraft
11-04-2003, 10:27 PM
sorry... spoilerz is a gamer term... basicly it tells the reader that something is going to be spoiled if you continue reading... sorry for the confusion...

are you racing stock class at the grand prix? hopefully you will and we can have a rematch!

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 10:34 PM
sorry... spoilerz is a gamer term... basicly it tells the reader that something is going to be spoiled if you continue reading... sorry for the confusion...

are you racing stock class at the grand prix? hopefully you will and we can have a rematch!
Sorry on my part...I'm a gaming neophyte I guess!:p

I'm in for Stock and Open Mod...Glad you're in, we should have a blast!!! See ya there!:D

BLiND
11-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ALapDown

About time they got it up...there's a joke in there somewhere...

GHC, read that again and tell me you don't get the joke ;)

Hmm, ALD are you funding a certain politician that will remain nameless? ;)

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 11:36 PM

GHC, read that again and tell me you don't get the joke ;)

Hmm, ALD are you funding a certain politician that will remain nameless? ;)
:eek: :cool:

RadiShack
11-04-2003, 11:38 PM

Well...we should pay HER if she's hot!!!

Got a questin about spoilers GHC? Basically, keep it as close to stock as you can. No RadioShack "tower of terror" monstrosities please...just looks rediculous. You wanna add some side dams or something like that fine, but keep the size close to what would be "stock". Just use best judgement, I'm more concerned with lightening and other stealth cheats.

HEY!
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

RadiShack
11-04-2003, 11:39 PM
:D I agree it is a tower of terror but it works!
________
Glass pipe (http://glasspipes.net/)

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 11:41 PM
:D I agree it is a tower of terror but it works!
So does a body without all the drama!

BLiND
11-04-2003, 11:41 PM
regular spoilers work too, and look much better ;)

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 11:42 PM
regular spoilers work too, and look much better ;)
Hmmm...posting at the same time...

RadiShack
11-04-2003, 11:42 PM
at least i made my own!:eek:
________
Sc2 Pro Replay (http://screplays.com)

RadiShack
11-04-2003, 11:44 PM
so whos coming this weekend?for gp?
________
DEPAKOTE SETTLEMENT (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

BLiND
11-04-2003, 11:44 PM

yes, we can tell :)

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 11:45 PM
I think the point is that you don't have to...

Intelligentsia
11-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Lol,

That's just wrong!

RadiShack
11-04-2003, 11:49 PM
Whats wrong?
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

RadiShack
11-04-2003, 11:50 PM
fine i make another spoiler,a better looking one too.Maybe even bigger:)
________
WHOLESALE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

ALapDown
11-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Lol,

That's just wrong!
It's just so easy!!!:D

Micro Moose
11-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Forget the calling them spoilers... that imply spoiling lift. Call them aerodynamic traction devices. (or drag inducers)

Its all a balancing act between drag and down force. Radioshack just likes his downforces and drag be damned. I guess if he's beating you can't say too much.

Maybe I should make a wedge body and paint it like a cheese slice.

ALapDown
11-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Forget the calling them spoilers... that imply spoiling lift. Call them aerodynamic traction devices. (or drag inducers)

Its all a balancing act between drag and down force. Radioshack just likes his downforces and drag be damned. I guess if he's beating you can't say too much.

Maybe I should make a wedge body and paint it like a cheese slice.
Until he does beat me I'm gonna keep on saying it.;)

RadiShack
11-05-2003, 06:25 PM

Hmmpphh!:D
________
THE CIGAR BOSS (http://thecigarboss.com/)

Intelligentsia
11-05-2003, 06:31 PM

Judging from his last two performances Glenn I think that he just might beat you. You better make sure you and your car are ready to run!:D

ALapDown
11-05-2003, 06:33 PM

Judging from his last two performances Glenn I think that he just might beat you. You better make sure you and your car are ready to run!:D
Might is the active word...

Intelligentsia
11-05-2003, 06:41 PM
OK,

I think that he will beat you muahahaha!!

ALapDown
11-05-2003, 08:16 PM
OK,

I think that he will beat you muahahaha!!
LOL! As much as you all race, you should all beat me! For racing once a month, maybe twice in a good month, I do OK. We'll see, but let me just say that I'm not worried.

RadiShack
11-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Agaim ill be running my hpi challenge setup,because im letting my friend run my penguin setup,but just hav fun!last time glenn beat me,so i cant say anything now.;)
________
Effects Of Nexium (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

ALapDown
11-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Agaim ill be running my hpi challenge setup,because im letting my friend run my penguin setup,but just hav fun!last time glenn beat me,so i cant say anything now.;)
You do know I'm just havin' fun here, right? Last time I saw you on the track, you had it working pretty darn good and third at the Challenge, NICE! Not to worry RadioShack, I talk trash to everybody...I'm and equal opportunity trash talker...just ask Intel, Blind, Micro Choady, Micro Moose.............isn't that what these boards are for!!! See you this weekend!:D

Oh, until you do actually beat me, bragging rights and ability to talk crap are mine!:p

GreenHoverCraft
11-06-2003, 12:29 AM
oh glenn but you should be worried.... muahahaha....

ok... now i know im tired when im making racing threats.... lol

GreenHoverCraft
11-06-2003, 12:31 AM
oh, so since i allready beat you......

nah... im too modest for that

ALapDown
11-06-2003, 12:37 AM

oh, so since i allready beat you......
Yes, you see according to my misguided sense of logic you have bragging rights and stuff over me. As for being worried, I always worry about you!:p

Xtant3150c
11-06-2003, 12:54 AM
Hey I wanted to ask if anyone has posted pics of their socal stock class setups?

ALapDown
11-06-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Xtant3150c
Hey I wanted to ask if anyone has posted pics of their socal stock class setups?
Yeah, on the Stock class rules for November thread I and Akura posted picts and I know Blind posted somewhere too. I made a few changes since those picts, but nothing major. You racing Micro at the GP?

ALapDown
11-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Friendly reminder.:)

These will be in full effect for the GP!

Super Stock Class
The intent of this class is to offer a slower and less expensive alternative to the exciting, but often pricey, Open class. The rules will be somewhat loose to begin with and will tighten as we move along. Remember, if you think this class is too slow or restrictive, YOU are a candidate for Open class racing!!! Keep in mind that the intent of this class is to slow down and spend less.

1) The kit supplied stock main chassis (P/N 72332), rear deck (P/N 73407-3), rear mount (P/N 73407-7), front mount (P/N 73407-5) and front top a-arms (P/N 73406-3&4) must be used. A substitute top plate may be used if desired (In place of stock top deck P/N 73409-1). These parts must be used as intended by HPI. Modification to any of these parts, that change the original function of the part, is not allowed. (ie re-drilling the chassis to make it a wheel base other than 140mm or 150mm) Parts may not be drilled or shaved in an attempt to lighten them; they may however be altered slightly to enhance fit and free up suspension movement. Allowable part modifications are discussed below in rule 7.
2) The kit supplied front AND rear gear diffs (and stock rear axle P/N 72336) must be used. No front or rear ball diffs or one-ways allowed.
3) Shocks
Rear shock, if used, must be the kit supplied shock body made up of P/Ns 43404-11 & 73406-7. The rear shock need not be installed at all if desired. (See rule 7d for shock springs rules,)
Front shock, must be kit supplied shock body made up of P/Ns 72341 & 73406. (See rule 7d for shock springs rules,)
4) Motor/battery combos-
4 cells and a “Speed 300” sized motor,
5 cells and a HPI modified motor (P/N 1065) or equivalent or
6 cells and the kit stock motor (P/N 1060) or equivalent.
The equivalent Peak and Orion mod or stock motors are allowed. Coreless motors are to be run on 4 cells only. NO brushless set-ups allowed. Any Nicad, Nimh or (alkaline if you want) cells are allowed provided each cell is rated 1.2 volts per cell maximum.
5) HPI rubber tires only, no foams allowed.
6) Any Micro specific body, 140 or 150 mm wheel-base, is OK.
7) Allowable hop-ups/modifications:
The stock chassis may be cut to allow more rear end flex, and subsequently rear end bite. Bear in mind that this mod will take away reliability of the chassis by making it weaker in a key area.
The chassis may be “lowered” with the use of washer or other lowering kits.
“Reliability” upgrades are allowed. These are limited to aluminum front carriers/knuckles, metal front dog-bones and steering enhancement kits such as the HPI dual link tie rod set for mini servos (P/N 72490).
Front and rear suspension springs. Any Micro specific springs may be used for the front two and/or rear shock for tuning purposes provided the springs are readily available. Again, only the stock shock body assembly may be used (see rule 3.)
Pinions-Any Micro specific pinion is allowed provided it is readily available.
Battery pack set-up-Battery packs may be assembled and mounted in any configuration you desire provided the pack does not protrude from the body of the car. The kit supplied battery holder or mounting plate does not need to be used.
Any electronics may be used and they may be mounted in any configuration you desire provided none of the components protrude from the body. Receivers and ESC’s may be de-cased if desired. Hard wiring is allowed.
The HPI titanium antenna (P/N Z154) is allowed.
8) Final rule: If it doesn’t say you can, you can’t!!! If you feel you have a reasonable hop-

Yugo DSC Maxxer
11-06-2003, 11:03 PM
I have a question: (Well, a few actually)
Where is this in SoCal?
Are you guys planning on doing it again anytime after Christmas?
What do you need to race? (Other than a car...:rolleyes: )
EDIT: Could I race a totally stock car? Or will I just lose then? (Using AA NiMh's)

justinalamode
11-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Yugo, we are in Huntington Beach, please do join the fun! Check out the website

www.socalrc.com

We race every FIRST SATURDAY of the month, unless otherwise noted, and we try to get together on the THIRD SATURDAY of each month as well.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

Yugo DSC Maxxer
11-06-2003, 11:10 PM
Damn..Huntington Beach...But whoohoo! Saturday.
I just need transportation, (NO, I will not ride my micro there lol!) maybe my parents could chip in...:D
I'll try it once I get my Micro settled in.
It sounds like fun!
(I'm in San Diego, by the way.)
EDIT: Will I need a transponder or anything?
PS: I don't drive like my avatar shows....;) Thats just a wrecked Yugo.

justinalamode
11-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Yugo DSC Maxxer
Damn..Huntington Beach...But whoohoo! Saturday.
I just need transportation, (NO, I will not ride my micro there lol!) maybe my parents could chip in...:D
I'll try it once I get my Micro settled in.
It sounds like fun!
(I'm in San Diego, by the way.)
EDIT: Will I need a transponder or anything?
PS: I don't drive like my avatar shows....;) Thats just a wrecked Yugo.

Yea, Huntington Beach is a drive! There are some guy(s) from SanDiego that actually come down to race with us monthly. To answer your questions, yes a transponder is required to race.

Wrecked Yugo! That's how it looks like when I drive....

The track is fairly large, try to come out and check it out!

Intelligentsia
11-06-2003, 11:41 PM
You are able to rent transponders from SoCal for $5 per night.

Yugo DSC Maxxer
11-06-2003, 11:42 PM
You are able to rent transponders from SoCal for $5 per night.
Okay, good.
:D

ALapDown
11-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Yugo,

You can race it box stock in the Super Stock class, but it will be VERY slow. Easy enough to get up to speed. You can get a Wattage 370 motor and a 300 sized motor plate for around $16. You can use the stock battery holder and some Nimh AA's from Target. For motor and plate try one of the many online Micro suppliers. (ie Blind Battteries or United R/C) Race with us, you'll have a blast!

MicroChoady
11-07-2003, 04:06 PM
OK guys what the heck is going on?!

Jim from SoCal says only 5 Micros :eek: are signed up
for racing in the GP tomorrow. This looks real bad for Micros.
If anyone is still interested in racing at SoCal this weekend,
they need to sign up ASAP!

Otherwise we may be stuck on the sidelines. :(

Anybody else gonna show? :confused:

Intelligentsia
11-07-2003, 04:10 PM
I am sure that people will be able to sign up the day of. I was able to sign up the day of the KO race. I am assuming that this will be no different.

MicroChoady
11-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Of course people can show up.
But the point is, we need people there.
I am just trying to get the word out.

ALapDown
11-07-2003, 06:04 PM
They are racing off road tonite, so you can get them on the phone until at least 9:30-10:00. If you are planning on racing this, give them a call...like RIGHT NOW...and let them know your intentions. At least you could give them the info they need and pay tomorrow AM. WTF guys?!?!? I thought you wanted to race this thing!!!

RadiShack
11-07-2003, 06:45 PM
ill sign up tomarrow
________
Cat exercise wheel (http://www.catwheelcompany.com/)

Intelligentsia
11-07-2003, 06:49 PM
WTF guys?!?!? I thought you wanted to race this thing!!!

I think that it is the cost of the race that has discouraged many of the micro racers. Although with a smaller turnout you are more likely to win something.

ALapDown
11-07-2003, 07:44 PM
RadioShack,
Call them tomite and let them know. Have a 10th scale sedan with you just in case.

Cost of the race?!??! It's right in line with any other race like this. Are you telling me that you all had no idea?!??

Yugo DSC Maxxer
11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Yugo,

You can race it box stock in the Super Stock class, but it will be VERY slow. Easy enough to get up to speed. You can get a Wattage 370 motor and a 300 sized motor plate for around $16. You can use the stock battery holder and some Nimh AA's from Target. For motor and plate try one of the many online Micro suppliers. (ie Blind Battteries or United R/C) Race with us, you'll have a blast!
Hmmm...I might just do that. I'm getting hop-ups for my borthday in January...Lol.
:D
But, If I can. I might just TRY (I stress TRY, Lol...:D) and race....See if I completely suck or not...:rolleyes:.

GreenHoverCraft
11-08-2003, 02:24 AM
there had better be a micro class today... see post time...

im going... and ill be there at 7:30am if i can get to sleep soon....

im bringing radioshack and friend... so there is 3 more racers for today....

btw... im racing stock if anyone wants to back out now...

....GLENN...

....lol jk

Micro Moose
11-08-2003, 10:16 PM
After the first 3 qualifiers and noone is on talking smack? Guess everyone is too busy trying to fix their cars. Radioshack was showing everyone the fast way around the track since AlapDown was having handing problems and none of the pros where running their Micro. Hovercraft blew up in a puff of smoke in the 3rd open qualifier so he's probably working on the new one.

Choady was going to look for a new reciever to fix his glitching problems. Me, I just stuffed all my junk in the trunk and when out to dinner. I'll pull it out tomorrow morning and try it again.

Intelligentsia
11-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Is there only the mod micro class? How many micros were racing?

GreenHoverCraft
11-08-2003, 10:50 PM
lol yeah my capacitors on the motor blew... my motor is fine...

as long as i can get my tires set up properly i can be competitive in mod...

stock... glenn can talk about stock...

racing was fun... thats all i care about.. having fun.... but trophys and bragging rights are up there too!! lol

ALapDown
11-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Fun stuff.

Handling problems were minor really, RadioShack has got it goin' on. Smooth and steady, not the fastest car on the track, just the fastest car AROUND the track...which is the important thing I guess! Nice Jobe RS.

Stock...I can talk about it??? It's your Show GHC, we're all just watching. GHC has some serious motor! He kept holeshotting (is that a word?) the entire field all threee rounds and just flat out motored away. Micro Choady and I are driving OK, just can't match that HP...Blinds, no more KANs for GHC!!! jk!

One heat of each Intel, 4 in stock and 6 or 7 in Open.

Intelligentsia
11-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Wow,

That is a pretty weak turnout!

ALapDown
11-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Weak is right! Jim was cool about it and let us run with only 4 in stock. I'll tell you what, you guys wanna do this next year, you're on your own! I ain't asking Jim for something like this only to have only a few show up. Makes me look bad, and worse it makes the Micros look bad in the eyes of the 10th scalers. Only saving grace is that the turn out for the race in general was not spectacular.

GreenHoverCraft
11-09-2003, 08:19 AM
ALD.... I wanted you to talk about stock because if i say anything it comes off as kocky... i try to be modest when i can... thanks

ALapDown
11-09-2003, 09:33 PM
I don't think you come off as ****y GHC. Tough break out there today in the mains, you were clearly the fastest all weekend and you earned the TQ to prove it!

Intelligentsia
11-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Results please.

Micro Moose
11-10-2003, 12:04 AM
The super stock final was
1) ALapDown
2) MicroMoose
3) Choady

I'm sure you will soon be seeing the 3 podium cars in a plug for a motor tuner.

Green Hovercraft was TQ and won the first A-main but DNF'd the next two.

I don't have the open close final but I believe Frances won it by winning the first two a-mains.

Intelligentsia
11-10-2003, 12:06 AM
The results are on the SoCal website already. I have seen the results.

Daniel what happened to you in the second A main?

ALapDown
11-10-2003, 10:40 AM
ESC trouble.

Too bad, he was running good all weekend.

Intelligentsia
11-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Looks like you too had a lot of trouble.

ALapDown
11-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Trouble is an understatement for me. I'd put my car down and get about two laps in, rock solid handling. Then it would just fall apart. (Handling wise). I can't figure it out. It wasn't because of a crash or because I got into the "marbles" or anything. i don't know. It went form unbelievably good to unbelieveably bad in about two laps. I didn't even set it down for A2 & A3. What would be the point. I'd just end up getting in everybody's way...not fair to the guys who did have their cars figured out. Oh well, I need a break from the Open car anyway...I think this weekend was some kind of a sign.

RadiShack
11-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Eventhough i had esc trouble,i still cant beat his tq record 18 laps.He was just pulling away from me in the strait,but in the in field,my car seemed to handle better.If only me and him can combine our cars...Speed+handleing.Oh it wasnt esc problem,it was the motor.I took it apart today and it was all burned,the brushes were even tweaked or bent and the weird thing is i only ran that motor once on the last qualify and i just bought that motor from choady on satuday gp.So,maybe my capacitors did it,i dont know!At least i had fun:)
________
Magic flight launch box review (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

ALapDown
11-10-2003, 11:25 PM
You were solid in the infield. Your HP problem was a result of the drag from your wings dude. Of course all that wing kept the car planted so... If you were running caps, then it is likely that you fried the motor, too much voltage. Not to worry RS, there is always next time!

MicroChoady
11-11-2003, 08:52 AM
RS,
isn't that the same thing that happened to GHC?
I wonder if the caps, are what is killing the motors? :confused:

(I heard it was cool to see GHC's car burst in a cloud o smoke.)
Sorry GHC. :)

GreenHoverCraft
11-11-2003, 11:06 AM
what radioshack does with his caps is a trade secret... i do it too...

but in my case i wired a cap directly to the motor! like the ones that come with all motors for noise control...

but this one only went from pos to neg on the motor... i think that when i gunned it too hard all the power went to the capacitor and not the motor... thats why it blew...

yeah it was cool... it was even cooler after i found out that all my electronics were ok!!! lol

MicroChoady
11-11-2003, 01:44 PM
Sorry GHC, we knew what you did.
It's not a trade secret.
We just didn't want to sound like a bunch of whinners..

The rules didn't specfically outlaw it either.

But maybe we will amend the rules for next time! ;)

Maybe only 1 powercap allowed?
What is your opinion?

But then again, maybe too much voltage fried
your motor at the end? :confused:

Micro Moose
11-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Some trade secret. RS posted it last week.

The eagle model super capaciter helps.16volt 8800uf or micro farits.It does drain the heck out of ur battery though,but major difference

ALapDown
11-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Since we're on the subject, I think the caps will be out or limited soon. I like your thinking on this GHC and would generally support such innovation, but remember, the intent of the class is to spend less and slow down. I really want this class to be a battle of driving ability and tuning prowess, rather than a horsepower battle. The horsepower battle begins in Open! Remember, for the new guy this little trick might be a bit daunting. Fact is that the caps give so much more punch and off the line/out of the corner speed, it isn't even a fair race if you aren't running them. Let's keep the playing field level guys. This one danced on the edge of the rules. I can see a good arguement for both it's legality and it's illegality. Chime in everybody, I do wanna hear your thoughts.

BLiND
11-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I agree, power adders should be left in the open class.

and since the stock class rules dont say you can add them, then that implies that you can't.

ALapDown
11-11-2003, 10:38 PM
I agree, power adders should be left in the open class.

and since the stock class rules dont say you can add them, then that implies that you can't.
Exactly! I think it's rule #8...or whatever number the last rule is!!!:D

GreenHoverCraft
11-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Ok heres my .02 (LONG)

the stock class has allways been a horsepower war.. and it allways will be.

I belive that the intent of the stock class would be to make drivers slow down and practice their skill but look at the class as it is right now....

ALD (congrats on GP win)
Moose (congrats on GP win)
Choady
GHC

all of us are skilled drivers and have more experience than any new racers (duh)

so when a new driver enters the stock class they have to compete against us... thats daunting!

another problem.... the class was designed to spend less....

ok... so you spend less on the chassis and stuff like that right? but to be competitive you need to at least have a 300 and a 4 cell pack... both had to be bought seperately... and no one sells just a 4 cell pack (not to bad but what about electronics?)

in a class like this (and in all spec classes) its the electronics that win the race... skill only helps

example:
the guy with a spy and blazer has less of chance to win than the guy with a VFS and an EX-1 because the VFS will make the car run faster... the electronics make the car faster (12 amp output vs 178 amps... you tell me!)

choady.... your running the better quantum arent you?
Im running a VFS
Glenn?
Moose?

hey guys... what motor did you use? a $25 Chiwawa (sp)
i used the stock $10 370

my point is that to be competitive in this class you need skill but more importantly you need more money than in mod because better electronics win the horsepower wars.

this class costs racers more to be competitive

ok im done ranting.....

Back to the capps question:
capps are a cheaper alternative to buying a better speed control (see above rant! lol)

capps are also part of the electronics.... the rules never put a limit on electronics... so its legal...

about RS's post of the trade secret:

RS cant keep his mouth shut....trade secret my @$$ lol

sorry it was long... but i had a lot to say

ALapDown
11-12-2003, 12:04 AM
I think we're on different planes here GHC. I think it best to say that calling this a Stock class may be a bit off, more like a spec class. A new driver will always have to deal with learning how to drive. We have one difficulty at So Cal, the inability to run a seperate Novice class for the Micro. That said, the new guy has the task of jumping in with the rest of the Super Stock driver's and trying to learn and get up to speed. This is made easier for the new guy if in fact beyond the stock kit only a motor and motor plate are needed to be on equal footing as far as horsepower goes.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say nobody sells a four cell pack, you can buy four cells from Blind and United or you can do as Moose did and run vour AA cells in the stock holder. I think Moose also ran the Eco 20, a $35 dollar esc. It IS a cheaper class to run. It only gets expensive when the rules get stretched further and further, when the spirit is lost and a literal interpretation takes over. Looking for the loop-holes, that's what drives up the cost. If I could I would spec the entire car down to the body and inclding all electronics and hand out/control motors and batteries...that will clearly never work though.

You mention that the VFS has a 178 amp output??? I'm not sure what you mean here as I think you are referring to the amp rating. Amp ratings measure max draw, so I am a bit confused here. I don't know, but I don't think I agree with you on the necessity of high dollar electronics for this class. In a purely competitive environment you would pour as much money as you had to increase your chances of winning. The spirit of this class is NOT a win at all costs attitude. Rather, I formed this class to TRY to make as much equal as possible. True, better electronics can net better lap times (ie smoother esc for more precise control), but the intent was not to turn this class into that kind of a battle. We have two classes only and are trying to serve a wide range of needs with them, it's clearly not sufficient. As things develop, there will be more divisions that will iron these types of things out.

Caps. I don't agree with you when you say they are a cheaper alternative to buying a better esc. I don't think I have a problem with adding one as a reserve like on the Novak GT7's and the like, but you had more, right? The result was so much more horsepower off the line and outa the corners that you were all but untouchable. After the first Q, I wasn't even trying to catch you. I knew I wouldn't. Like I said in earlier posts, this one is not really in the rules directly and it was my hope that my last rule would have covered these types of things.

GHC, I'm not saying you did anything wrong and I'm not trying to say you were cheating or anything. All I am saying is that this weekend showed me another area that needs to be addressed in order to keep this class within the spirit and intent of it's original design parameters. I said it from day one with this class, the rules will need constant tweaking and ammending.

GreenHoverCraft
11-12-2003, 12:24 AM
spec class... i agree

getting a novice class at socal... i agree, not likely

equal horsepower? i was the only one with a $10 370 motor.. the rest had chiwawas (sp)

batts.. no one sells a built 4 cell pack

It only gets expensive when the rules get stretched further and further, when the spirit is lost and a literal interpretation takes over. Looking for the loop-holes, that's what drives up the cost. If I could I would spec the entire car down to the body and inclding all electronics and hand out/control motors and batteries...that will clearly never work though.

i agree... and admit loss of spirit... sob... ok im over it...lol

the VFS has a contiunal Amp output of 178 amps... says on the box.. its peak is at 780 amps... the spy has a peak of 12 amps.... basically the VFS may not put out 178 amps... but i have both a VFS and a spy... and the VFS will spank the spy any day

The spirit of this class is NOT a win at all costs attitude.

but racing brings competitive people... and no one really likes to lose...

GHC, I'm not saying you did anything wrong and I'm not trying to say you were cheating or anything.

i you thought i was cheating you would have told slim... its all good...

im glad im fighting the rules because there are loop-holes...with out people bending the rules you would never know where the weakest points are...

if you make the rule that no caps are allowed i wont run them.. fine its a spec class to me so its spec rules... but untill you make that rule, the caps are still part of electronics and ill run them

but honestly i think that it should be capps are all in or all out... cuz one can get a 50v 4500uf cap at radioshack and thats just one cap! (trust me thats larger than what i was running at GP)

speaking of GP... i went home and ran the rest of my batt on my drive way... it was smooth and had no probs... no stopping or anything... guess my karma was just bad that day... idk... ah well at least i TQd... hehe

oh yeah... any more rules you want me to bend/break/test? lol

ALapDown
11-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Like I said GHC, not mad at you at all.

I ran a Rabid Chihuahua, Speed 300 and a Wattage 370 through out the weekend. A $15 delta is big percentage wise, but for a total package to upgrade you box stocker to Super Stock screamer isn't that big of a deal. You could do the tuned motor and plate for $30 compared to $15 for the non-tuned variety.

My recommended set up:
Tuned BB motor $25
4 KANs $8 (assuming $2 per cell)
ARM motor plate $5

Grand total $38

Not bad to get a driveway toy up to spec with our little racing class...this is what I mean about being cheap. As racers get more involved they will naturally look for better equipment that will enhance the performance of their cars. As money permits they should do just that. Fact is, if the rules are followed to the spirit, a car equipped as above has a CHANCE of winning.

I think it was best you ran a non-tuned motor with the caps, the added voltage would've been hell on a tuned motor...you know that though.

Not arguing with you on what might be claimed by the esc manufacturer, but amp talk is about the ability of an esc to handle the current flow. The voltage does the talking as far as how fast that little motor will turn. True, a better esc that has better efficiency will deliver more of the voltage that your pack is putting out with les loss through resistance, which is what you are feeling between your Spy and your VFS. So when they say that it has a continual 178 amp flow, they mena that it will handle that much amperage. I have the Spy in the SStock ride right now. I have a Quantum Sport in the Open car. The Quantum is better than the Spy, better throttle profile, adjustabe too. The Spy is not very efficient and with six cells and the higher drawing 300 motor, you lose a bit of top end. However, there is no measureable loss through the Spy on four cells. Anyway, amps measures draw, not power output for our purposes. An esc can deliver the rated amp rate, but needs it on the supply and burn end before it will pass through the esc.

Caps will if anything be completely out for the very reason you mentioned.

Racing brings competitive people, yeah can't argue with that. However, the intent was for that competitve sense to manifest itself in focus at the wheel and tuning on the bench. More a IROC type of approach. Loop-holes are a constant in anything like this. The reason I take the time to explain all of this is because through understanding of my direction and motivation, I think the class will stabilize.

The GP. I think it sucks that you had car problems. Glad to hear things were working at home, just too bad it waited until then. The win is not all that sweet knowing that you were on the sidelines. I don't mean that in and "in your face" kinda way, I mean that honestly. It's always best with door to door action, not "well I won because everybody else broke" action!!!:)

GreenHoverCraft
11-12-2003, 01:21 AM
yeah... but i thought the spy cant take 300s? maybe its cause its only on 4 cells... ah well

there is allways this week to get revenge...

i mean... to race... lol

actually... when i TQd... i wasnt running capps... ;)

so i guess the final 6mill question is....

will the caps be allowed on sat?

Micro Moose
11-12-2003, 01:25 AM
I ran an ECO 20 ECS, four nimh batteries from frys in the stock holder, a Rabid Chihuahua, and dual link steering. Nothing special or trick. The only thing strange was I had solid handling for a change.

I rebuild the front diff just before the finals and it made all the difference in the world. My car was actually going where it was pointed when I gave it some throttle.

ALapDown
11-12-2003, 01:28 AM
I ran the Spy on 6 and a 300. No trouble to speak of. No caps on Sat? Really, wow. Where did all that punch and speed come from then?

BLiND
11-12-2003, 02:25 AM
I personally run the HPI pro-control, 4 KAN's, and the rabid motor...

I will be racing stock this saturday, this time with an FM radio in my stock car so I wont have any damn glitching like last time I ran at socal. If I need to run to radioshack and buy a capacitor in order to compete in the stock class this weekend, I wont be racing the stock class. So I hope we can all agree to pull them off our cars before then.

ALapDown
11-12-2003, 09:22 AM
I can't make it this weekend, so it is up to you guys. GHC, is it OK if we say no caps in Super Stock starting this weekend, or is it better to wait and make it effective starting December? Just wanna make sure you have time to get the car in shape. How about no caps this weekend if possible, but definitely by December?

Thanks everybody, with all of this input the class is really shaping up!:)

MicroChoady
11-12-2003, 11:20 AM
I too was running an ECO 20.

The Quantum was for my open car.
And it died remember? :(

I think GHC was right about loop holes.
And the best guys to figure out how to close them are
the guys who figure them out in the first place. :confused:

I also pride my self on using the cheapest
radio/ESC/Battery combo.
(I used KANs, but their cheap!) :D

BTW- I ran my S-Stock car in open too.
4 cells and still got 3, 3rds, too bad
it triple mained into a 4th place! :(

KAN cells rock- 6 mains and 1 heat all in the same day! :eek:

GreenHoverCraft
11-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Blind... caps are no prob... you dont need them to race... sorry for the confusion

ALD... my capps are already taken off... they are not soldered on

I said earlier...if the rules say no capps i wont run capps... i have no problem... so this sat ill be there and i wont run capps

Blind... i didnt mean to make everyone run capps to be competitive... sorry

ALD... when i TQd i wasnt running capps... but for the mains i was... think about that for a sec.... maybe that was my prob... since when i took thecar apart the caps were loose... bad electrical connection may have ruined my main... DOH!!!

Ok so for sat and BEYOND!! lol ... there are NO EXTRA CAPPS IN STOCK!!!

except for the 3 that come on the motors... duh... lol

BLiND
11-12-2003, 01:31 PM
heh, its all good :)

stock will be fun this weekend, heh.

ALapDown
11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
:cool:

genetic
11-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Are Capps the Power compacitor on the esc right?

GreenHoverCraft
11-12-2003, 06:43 PM
no capps mean capcitors (sp)... those are the capsules that are soldered to the motor...

genetic
11-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Doesn't it make it less likely to glitch instead of more punch?

genetic
11-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Well anyways, how did everyone like the Grand prix?

I like it kinda but i wasnt really happy with how i did, but i had lots of fun racing 2 days. I tied points with second in Sportsman modified but was late for A1 so that put me down. Still was VERY fun. I didnt see a big turn out for the micro guys.

Intelligentsia
11-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Micros will be there this weekend.

GreenHoverCraft
11-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by genetic
Doesn't it make it less likely to glitch instead of more punch?

you are correct... but if the correct capasitors are wired in the correct way to the correct spot... the capasitors will give extra power to the motor = more punch....

oh yeah... after all this discussion about socal.. i will definitly be there on sat...

BLiND
11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
oh yeah... after all this discussion about socal.. i will definitly be there on sat...

hehe, awesome :)

RadiShack
11-13-2003, 06:28 PM
who else is coming?
________
Best buy gift cards (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/best-buy-gift-cards/)

Micro Moose
11-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Don't know yet. Might stop by even if not racing.

ALapDown
11-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Don't know yet. Might stop by even if not racing.
You racing off road tomorrow night Moose? (Friday)

Wife is giving me both, but dunno what I'm gonna do.

Akura2
11-14-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm going to try and bring my wireless spy cam for some in-car stuff...we'll see how it turns out

ALapDown
11-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Akura2
I'm going to try and bring my wireless spy cam for some in-car stuff...we'll see how it turns out
Seriously??? Chris Tosolini (sp?) of Yokomo did the same thing at the GP. It was too cool!!!

BLiND
11-15-2003, 02:45 AM
I'll bring mine too, would be neat to drive from the pits, lmao...

RadiShack
11-15-2003, 01:47 PM
COOL i want one too!
________
Risk Equalization Forum (http://www.insurance-forums.org/risk-equalization/)