PDA

View Full Version : Twice a month at So Cal?

ALapDown
10-05-2003, 04:37 AM
First of all, it was a ton of fun out there today...uh...yesterday. I'm not used to these Blind type hours! Anyway, Jim, So Cal's owner, is very interested in having us Micro racers join him more frequently at So Cal! He is very interested in expanding the racing opportunities at his track, so he asked me if we would be interested in running there more often! I told him I'd hit the boards with this and get back to him. A few of us were talking after the racing and we are thinking of trying for the first and third Saturday at So Cal. What do you guys think? Who's interested and who can make it more often?

Also, Jim said he will offer Micro racing at his second annual So Cal Grand Prix. I think they plan to have it the second weekend in November. It is a two day (Sat & Sun) race. You get a t-shirt and lunch with your entry fee. Trophies go to the winners (1,2 & 3) in each main. I think they offer three rounds of qualifying and the mains. Any takers here?

Let me know on both, twice a month for club racing and the Grand Prix.

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 04:53 AM
1. I am definitely down for 2wice a month at socal, 1st saturday and 3rd saturday.

2. SoCal grand prix? I'm there..

see you later !

BLiND
10-05-2003, 05:10 AM
*snore*

I'm glad we stopped to have dinner after the races, I past by two really nasty accidents on the way home tonight, I mean *really* bad accidents...

Gwarmageddon
10-05-2003, 12:20 PM
When is the next race at socal, nov 1st?

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 12:28 PM
I am down for October 18! By the way, I got home at 3:20 Blind.

Last night was fun after the race. Glad that we all arrived home safely.

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 01:50 PM
I went to the races, but after seeing some cars getting banked by the 10th scales, i pretty much decided to race next time around. To keep my cars precious body intact. That's why i've decided to go super heavy next time around! LOL haha.

Also I only saw the first race with yakimoto(i think that was the name) getting first and blind second. Was the first micro race only stock setups cause i swear I saw some foams?

i'm down for the next one for sure, when is it? That was my first time going to an rc track and that was some type of experience.
Damn somebody had a pretty fast truck and mini monster truck.

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 02:01 PM
im down for oct 18th...

intel, we gotta round up more guys or more guys need to see this!!!

rogotiz, who cares, you shoulda just ran.

your body is gonna get beat either way-

hit by a car
poor driving

just a few things, usually poor driving:D

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 02:18 PM
At least two of us are a go for the 18th.

Next time I go, I will arrive early so that I can get my setup just right. Last night it was a little off and costing me a lot of time.

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 02:50 PM
I was already to race, and the body thing was a joke.

I drove 45 minutes to get there straight from school, I park and stay in the car seting up my micro, and my 4 day old hitec agressor goes crap, does not respond to the car at all, i thought it was the crystals and it wasn't. Then I tried batteries and it wasnt it, then i noticed all three status lights were on with the middle one flashing, usually it's supoosesed to be one of the other.

I was so fudging pisssed, but then I decided to just stay and watch the first 7 heats. I was gonna ask for some help but I had no idea who anybody was, i asked the owner and he had no idea. Thats was my big rookie mistake which was not bringing the original controller and not really knowing anybody there.

I'm gonna have to switch back to the airtronics for now.

Did you guys come in groups for micro, was there a special pitt section for micro, cause I didn't no a single person but I recognized one tall guy that's from my local hobby people but he hated micros.

BLiND
10-05-2003, 03:48 PM
rogotiz, you should have introduced yourself to me, I brought that package of batteries you mailed to me, would have been a good opportunity to get you squared away, heh.

the fast truck I believe was mine, I just couldn't drive my mod micro for **** last night, I switched to a setup that would push in the main and my motor went out on me...oh well.

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 03:51 PM
I just hope this time ill stay awake....Oh yeah igot home at 1:20 about an hour.Then when iwas at home,i was awake weird!Why couldnt i be awake during racing?:D

Socal grand prix with micro...YEAH!IM definitly in!I dont know how to spell definite so dont yell at me...:D ;) :( :rolleyes: :confused:
________
YAMAHA YM2151 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_YM2151)

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 03:57 PM
Blind i'm guessing you were the one wearing the blind tshirt? Well next time i'll get the batteries. And next time i'll find you guys. Who was the one who one the first micro race, what is his name on the board? Also what was alapdown driving yesterday?

Radishack
which radio shack do you work for? do you guys still have the sub c rechargeables? my store ran out cause we discontinued them. Oh yeah that is if Radishack means you work for radio shack.

BLiND
10-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by rogotiz3
[B]Who was the one who one the first micro race, what is his name on the board? Also what was alapdown driving yesterday?

you geussed it right there ;)

alapdown was Glenn morimoto who won the stock class race.

I had the brightly painted NSX that got second, however had some horsepower issues.

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 05:46 PM
its radioshack,i just messed up when isigned in the forums....
________
HALF-BAKED (http://half-baked.com)

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 06:17 PM
I missed the mod class, damn i should of stayed! Was the mod class twice, thrice or even quadruple times the stock class in speed? I wish i could of seen the mods.

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 06:58 PM
The mod classwas sooooo fuuunnnnn thattt it wassss funnnn!!!!!!!!

Ur prabably druleing now rogitiz!

[just kiddin]

I say it was as fast as the stock guys in 10 scale
________
SMX (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_SMX)

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Was anybody running a 540 micro setup or a brushless setup and did anybody do well if they did run that?

How's the acceleration on a 540 or a brushless? I know there top end is incredible, but does the acceleration suffer enough that a 300's acceleration is way better or are they about the same in acceleration?

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 07:18 PM
The guy named matt had a brushless setup last night and he was fast but just not handleing.I drove his car before with 4 cells triple a on the brushless it was punchy and as fast as 6 cell coreless.The brushless motor is from Hacker.But i hav no clu where to get it......But its not worth it because the brrushless setup costover 200 bucks!
________
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STEROLS AND STEROIDS (http://www.rehab-forum.com/steroid-rehab/4009-whats-difference-between-sterol-steroid.html)

ALapDown
10-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Hey rogotiz, whatever you do, don't leave without giving us Micro guys a holler! We're always willing to help. Sorry to hear that you made the drive over only to spectate. Racing was a blast, as always. Us Micro guys are pretty easy to spot in the pits, just look for the tiny cars!:p Blind is by far the easiest to spot...tall with a "blind" t shirt on. As for where we all pit, hard to say. As much as possible, we try to pit together, but due to the heavy Saturday "practice" crowd early in the day, pit space can be limited so you take what you can find. I usually pit with Micro Moose and Micro Choady...Look for a plastic moose head on a tall stick...that'll be Micro Moose.

As for the 12 AM Denny's crew, glad to hear everybody made it home OK. That was fun, we should do that more often. So October 18th is our next target. As long as we get 5, we'll be good to go. I think the Open/Mod class will be the easiest to field, but I always haul around both.

Grand Prix-I'll be in touch with Jim (track owner) and get back to everybody.

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Post a new thread SoCal 10/18